KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is the number 666 consider evil to the christens?

Why is the number 666 consider evil to the christens?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Question Why is the number 666 consider evil to the christens?

I was thinking it sounds alittle super Sticters to not like that number just because I am told it is the devil's number.
Which brings us to the next question why is it the devil's number.Anyone know or have any ideas on this?
See you around.JM confused evil face

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:16 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

erm.. i dunno... chrisitians r weird yes

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:17 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

it's been in bible blink

that last part. relevation (sorry i'm not sure if it is proper english name)

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:18 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

If it is in the bible and if you know your bible what does it say about that number?Does it say that it is evil?If so in what way?JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:21 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

it's symbol of devil.

it is also nowadays considered very high by satanists.

what is sad that some ppl use it for fun without knowing the meaning of it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:25 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

What is the meaning of it?and why is it the devil's number?Does it have to do something with hell?(please excuse my launage)You got my interest now.JM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:28 PM
Clovie

i'm not sure what's the meaning of it.

check:
here
and here maybe.

i used to know more about it, but to be honest i've forgotten.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:32 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The Mark of the Beast is described in Revelations chapter 13.

And (the Antichrist) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save (except) he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Rev 13:16-18 KJV

According to this passage in the Bible, the Antichrist will force everyone to accept a mark in either the right hand or forehead of the wearer. Without this mark you won't be able to buy or sell. The Beast is identified by the number 666.

Nearly 2000 years ago the Apostle John, who prior to meeting Jesus had been a simple fisherman, predicts that a global economic system will one day be instituted in which everyone will be forced to receive a number, without which they will not be able to buy or sell. It is only since the advent of computers and electronic banking that this prophecy could be fulfilled.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:56 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i didn't know it has something to do with selling or buying confused

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 01:02 PM
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

The number 7 is a number that is used quite a bit in the Bible. In John's book of Revelation, there were 7 churches representing 7 periods of time. There were 7 days of creation in Genesis. Joshua and his army were to march around Jericho 7 times on the 7th day of marching and the walls would fall.

The number 7 is associated with God, and Godly things. The number 6, however, is 1 less than 7, and therefore less than perfect, less than Godly, representing Satan, who is powerful, yet will never be as powerful as God.

Therefore the "mark of the beast" is 666.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 01:27 PM
cornponious is currently offline Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

7 also prevails a lot in adventure tales, together with 3.

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six.
--- intro to Iron Maiden`s "Number of The Beast"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 01:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

So the beast is the devil?Is that what you are saying?Maybe it is the devil's age or something like that.Sorry just joking.JM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 10:22 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I was told by someone that satan would come disguised as christ and do wonderful things (such as miracles), but if you make the wrong choice in following satan then your soul will not be saved.. its supposedly going to be like a larger version of the nazi death camps soon after that.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 10:36 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Why is the number 666 consider evil to the christens
guess if it was 747 a lot of chrisitans would refuse to fly transatlantic...........(even fewer would fly Transylvania stick out tongue )

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 11:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
The Mark of the Beast is described in Revelations chapter 13.

And (the Antichrist) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save (except) he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Rev 13:16-18 KJV

According to this passage in the Bible, the Antichrist will force everyone to accept a mark in either the right hand or forehead of the wearer. Without this mark you won't be able to buy or sell. The Beast is identified by the number 666.

Nearly 2000 years ago the Apostle John, who prior to meeting Jesus had been a simple fisherman, predicts that a global economic system will one day be instituted in which everyone will be forced to receive a number, without which they will not be able to buy or sell. It is only since the advent of computers and electronic banking that this prophecy could be fulfilled.

VI=6 in Roman, S=6 in Greek...I can't remember the language where A=6

Still, freaky ass coincidence, isn't it? stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 11:23 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
S=6 in Greek
st =6 in greek

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 06:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx

sixes look scary together, that is why.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 07:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

so tripple 9 aint scary? 999, 666 big grin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:50 AM
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

If anyone thinks that was evil... well... they are either a) Borderline mentally-challenged, or b) Partakin' too much of the whacky tobaccky.

Last edited by Darth Surgent on Nov 17th, 2004 at 10:38 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 10:36 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telpy
SKittle Addict

woops

devil

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 10:42 AM
Telpy is currently offline Click here to Send Telpy a Private Message Find more posts by Telpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote