KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Defining God: Discussing the nature and attributes of God

what is god?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
A physical Being 11 37.93%
just an idea created by man. 18 62.07%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defining God: Discussing the nature and attributes of God
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

your thought on God

What do you think of god? Is he a physical being up in heaven somewhere or is it just an idea.. something you put hope into.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 08:22 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

maybe not physical... but its not created by man either.... i think its some being in another dimension... which we'll never find and would never understand it....

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 08:26 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

My Christian thought on God as what the Bible says is the One who is a Spirit, can not be seen in His form. smile ... but can be felt and experience through Holy Spirit.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 12:50 PM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

One tough loving deity. His son was a little more kinder and caring.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Driving force in my life.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:53 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I belive God is an idea, nothing more.

It's something a lot of people use for motivation in their lives when they don't have anything else.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 07:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I think god does exist, but he'z like.. i dunno... well i just hate the fatc\\ct oif posting in threads like these bcuz finti and backfire think of me as a bloody jesus freak, and i am so not!! i want everyone to know that i do beliebe in god, hoever i do not believe in the roman church, and am not a jesus freak lol and i support gay marriage, and abortion (well not support it lol but agree with it) and all those stuff

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:24 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

so where have I called you a jesus freak, jesus freak?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:27 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

WTF people? How can you not believe in the Catholic Church?
Trust me it exists.
Its god that doesn't exist hahahahha

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 10:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The Catholic churches preachings are dated, for one, and secondly, they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 05:14 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

thirdly.......they are based on the unfounded, unscientific ramblings of people we today would consider "primitive"..........

a person doesn't know how to work a microwave.......but you expect me to take his word that he has the true knowledge of god?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 05:27 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

God cannot be seen nor touched physically. He is something else. The whisp of wind that you feel like you can see, but in reality you cannot, that is what God is.

"Balance is best in all things." -The Odyssey

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 06:01 AM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

quote:
Originally posted by DuronKiller
maybe not physical... but its not created by man either.... i think its some being in another dimension... which we'll never find and would never understand it....

the first reply in this topic was wut i was thinking. Good post Duronthumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 06:02 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
God cannot be seen nor touched physically. He is something else. The whisp of wind that you feel like you can see, but in reality you cannot, that is what God is
or a delusion as we also call it

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 06:58 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

This thing about "feeling" god is all a lot of hype. I spent the better part of my life doing everything they told me to, buying into all the bullshit completely, praying constantly... Then I decided it was a load of crap and quit bothering to try. I am a happier person for it. smile

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 07:53 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, really, DR...

I see God as nothing more than an idea created by humankind.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 07:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Gos definitely isn't a physical being. I don't believe god exists but even those who do don't believe he is a physical being. At least I haven't met anyone who does.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 04:59 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

God is a metaphysical being (supernatural).

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 05:05 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

so are trolls, fairies and leprachauns. Makes them none the more credible.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 08:02 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
so are trolls, fairies and leprachauns. Makes them none the more credible.

Trolls, fairies and leprachauns are supposed to be physical, god is not.

Whether or not you find something to be believable is simply relative to the indivual.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 08:40 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote