KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What CANT God Control?

What CANT God Control?
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

What CANT God Control?

For all you God believers out there, do you believe there are some things that God "Cant" Control?
I believe People's actions were left by God to be dealt with themselves. Also I think other things beyond The Devil and such are things God cant control.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 03:48 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

God cant control anything on this world, for this is how he meant it to be, when God gave us free will he expected us to use it to follow in his footsteps and try to lead the most righteous lives possible, obviously, being flawed, we cant do exactly this. God can guide us, show us the way, but is up to us to choose our paths. Think of it as any "family" scenario, your parents can do everything right to raise you but its up to you not to go down the path of evil. As far as the earth and things of this such it is something he created, and in order for it to work properly things have to happen, things that we may see as wrong or evil (such as earthquakes and everything else), the problem is we are but mere humans without the ability to see the bigger picture. If you could save the world but had to kill a child in order to do so, could you?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 03:54 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I cant disagree with you there. As A Catholic I believe God guides us through life without actually 'doing it for us'. And as us all humans, the most popular form on the planet, nobody really understands anything.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 03:57 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

God cant control whether I walk out into the street with a machete and start killing people.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 03:58 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

It's impossible for us to even try and understand, as we think we are top of the food chain, most intellegent, best things on the planet, but the simple fact is (for all you science folks out there, feel free to correct my percentage) we only use 13% of our brain.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:00 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

of course not eggmayo, thats that whole free will thing again you gotta put it in terms like this, while we are on this earth we may do as we please, but there are things that can influence us God -good Devil-evil

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:02 PM
Kelly_Bean

Actually thats true eggy, but Im very sure he'd not appreciate that.

Thats true, and knowing myself, being truthfully honest I probably dont even use THAT MUCH. I dont want to. Too lazy.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:25 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

ill second that

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:31 PM
eggmayo

quote:
Originally posted by jnolan
It's impossible for us to even try and understand, as we think we are top of the food chain, most intellegent, best things on the planet, but the simple fact is (for all you science folks out there, feel free to correct my percentage) we only use 13% of our brain.

I dont think I'm top of the food chain, I know for a fact that there are things that eat humans.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:33 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

well thats true, but when animals attack pt 7 aside, i mean it as we think were the top of everything, i dunno im to tired right now to be elloquent

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:35 PM
Kelly_Bean

At the top of the food chain, humans, dont even know what else is out there!?!
Haha I watch those. Humans are basically atop everything because we're the most popular being, and look at what we've changed into and stuff. Sorry, brain fart moment.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 06:45 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

“God cant control anything on this world, for this is how he meant it to be, when God gave us free will he expected us to use it to follow in his footsteps and try to lead the most righteous lives possible, obviously, being flawed, we cant do exactly this.”

Can’t control or WON’T control?
If God can’t then he surely isn’t all-powerful and shouldn’t be worshipped.
If God won’t interfere to protect his children he’s just plain vicious and does not warrant worship either.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:30 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Who said that? I like that quote. Very true.
Well its easy to say that he 'Cant' and 'Wont' control us.
Well I believe in God anyway, whether others are athiest or believe in other God(s) or whatever.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:32 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Who said that?
A friend of mine, a scientist smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:45 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

....heh...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:49 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Most scientists don't believe in God.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:52 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Devil.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 07:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Most scientists don't believe in God.

Most scientists are smart. yes

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 07:25 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Not to me.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:34 PM
finti

quote:
What CANT God Control?
dont believe in god so Nothing

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:41 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote