KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » New age religion

New age religion
Started by: Mr_Famous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr_Famous
Member-with-a-mouth

Question New age religion

anyone follow this? what the heck is it anyway? can anyone define what they pray to and all that?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 03:00 AM
Mr_Famous is currently offline Click here to Send Mr_Famous a Private Message Find more posts by Mr_Famous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

huh

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 03:04 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 03:04 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hmmm... If all is god... and god is good... then what is evil? Is it god too? but if that is true then How is god good? This new age stuff is one huge Paradox.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:14 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

yep, here is the slogan, "all is god and we are god."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:17 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
Hmmm... If all is god... and god is good... then what is evil? Is it god too? but if that is true then How is god good? This new age stuff is one huge Paradox.

The true nature of God is not good or bad. Good and bad are not real, these are judgments that we make. What is good to you my be bad to someone else.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:32 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The true nature of God is not good or bad. Good and bad are not real, these are judgments that we make. What is good to you my be bad to someone else.

I agree..what we call sin are just titles we put on our judgements.....and from what I've read about the New Age Religion...it goes pretty well with the aspects of some quantum theories.....and Metaphysics...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:04 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
I agree..what we call sin are just titles we put on our judgements.....and from what I've read about the New Age Religion...it goes pretty well with the aspects of some quantum theories.....and Metaphysics...

The same can be said about Buddhism and it's over 3000 years old.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:28 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

the true nature is god is good and never evil. think of the word God=good.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:42 AM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by cking

Well then, try this... god, dog, isn't that incredible?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:54 AM
cking

oh yeah, I heard that from somewhere.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:55 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

oh yeah, I heard that from somewhere.

OK, one more... nowhere now here...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:57 AM
cking

ok, give me another one.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:58 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

ok, give me another one.

I can't think of any more + we are off topic.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:00 AM
cking

ok

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:01 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

God is the creative force in this world...neither good nor evil...Since we are part of what that Entity is, we are also a creative force, one that can interact with other creative forces including the invisible one.....good and evil are terms we come up with to describe choice in others creative decisions...If there is no Satan, then who makes us do evil, or wrong...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 01:40 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The New Age Spirituality is unlike any religion in the world. In fact, it is not even classified as a religion. It encompasses the beliefs of many different paths from a melding of the Eastern and Western philosophies with a belief that all are one and part of everything that is providing an eclectic approach to spiritual, philosophical, and emotional exploration. The social concepts draw on ancient teachings on matters of spirituality, holistic care, concern for nature, and metaphysics.

The roots of the beliefs can be found in Shamanism, Celtic Traditions, Wicca, Theosophy, Magic, Alchemy, Rosicrucianism, Transcendentalism, Neo Paganism, Occultism, The Cabbala, Hermetics, Anthrosophicalism, Spiritualism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judiasm, and Gnosticism to only name a few. There are no set texts, clergy, formal organization, dogmas, or rituals, as there really are no limits or bounds to what one may or may not believe. "New Agers" tend to create their own techniques and way of living. Some typical practices that are associated with those on a new age type of path would be holistic healing, meditation, channeling, crystals, divination, astrology, metaphysics, herbology, aromatherapy, energy work, mysticism, and raising one's vibrational levels to help with self realization and an awareness of consciousness.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 03:01 PM
BananaKing
Your soul.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Would you LIKE to be killed? Does everyone else LIKE to be killed? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's about everyone being happy, that's what good is.
If you like making others Unhappy then they won't be happy, and nobody will LIKE you.

It's all about everyone being happy and that's why people like it, so it isn't JUST a judgement, It's more than just that.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:20 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Would you LIKE to be killed? Does everyone else LIKE to be killed? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you like making others Unhappy then they won't be happy, and nobody will LIKE you.

It's all about everyone being happy and that's why people like it, so it isn't JUST a judgement, It's more than just that.
Are you saying that only Christians can be happy and have a "happily ever after?"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:25 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi

If what you say is true, then no one would ever give there lives for a higher cause. There are people who have willingly gaven their lives to save other people (people they love).

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:26 PM