KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Has the Maya civilisation been a victim of the diluvian?

Has the Maya civilisation been a victim of the diluvian?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, maybe... 0 0%
No, impossible! 1 50.00%
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, ... 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: DuronKiller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DuronKiller
loves you

i wondered why there is nothing specific known about the fall of the maya civilisation.... when was the fall of the maya civilisation?
the bible says theres been a great civilisation before the diluvian came... so could this civilisation have been the tribe of the maya ?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:29 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

You're thinking of the Mayans? are you not? A scientifically advanced people indigenous to the Yucatan Peninsula? What else but the damned conquistadors of Spain would their downfall be?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:24 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:29 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

everyone who has never seen MornGlory post anything useful may raise his hand now
*raiseshand*

But I didn't know th3ere was nothing known aboot it I always thought it had to do with the spanish conquests. Hmm dunno.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 01:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

yes i mean the mayans... but i thought they lived some thousand years ago..... maybe their descendants lived till the conquest
but the fall of their civilised culture is a mystery i thought.....

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:11 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yes, I believe so.....I don't recall but there is story of a flood in certain Mayan/Inca/Aztec folktales. I'm not sure so I'll go check the books to see if I find anything useful.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 02:56 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
yes i mean the mayans... but i thought they lived some thousand years ago..... maybe their descendants lived till the conquest
The Mayas

Timeline of the Mayan culture
B.C.
The first hunter-gatherers settle in the Maya highlands and lowlands.
The creation of the world takes place, according to the Maya Long Count calendar.
Maya civilization begins.
The rise of the Olmec civilization, from which many aspects of Maya culture are derived. Village farming becomes established throughout Maya regions.
Writing is developed in Mesoamerica.
The earliest known solar calendars carved in stone are in use among the Maya, although the solar calendar may have been known and used by the Maya before this date.
The Maya adopt the idea of a hierarchical society ruled by nobles and kings.
The city of Teotihuacan is founded and for centuries is the cultural, religious and trading centre of Mesoamerica.
The Maya city of Cerros is built, with a complex of temples and ball courts. It is abandoned (for reasons unknown) a hundred years later and its people return to fishing and farming.
A.D.
The decline of the Olmecs.
The Maya highlands fall under the domination of Teotihuacan, and the disintegration of Maya culture and language begins in some parts of the highlands.
The Maya city of Tikal becomes the first great Maya city, as citizens from Teotihuacan make their way to Tikal, introducing new ideas involving weaponry, captives, ritual practices and human sacrifice.
An unknown event destroys the civilization at Teotihuacan, along with the empire it supported. Tikal becomes the largest city-state in Mesoamerica , with as many as 500,000 inhabitants within the city and its hinterland.
The Emperor Pacal dies at the age of 80 and is buried in the Temple of the Inscriptions at Palenque.
Long-standing Maya alliances begin to break down. Trade between Maya city-states declines, and inter-state conflict increases.
Construction ceases in Tikal, marking the beginning of the city's decline.
Tikal is abandoned.
The Classic Period of Maya history ends, with the collapse of the southern lowland cities. Maya cities in the northern Yucatán continue to thrive. Which is ended by the Spanish invaders

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:01 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote