KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » why i am christian.

why i am christian.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moviejunkie23

Smile why i am christian.

I have noticed there are a few threads out there that are debating wether christianity is a good thing or not.
I thought that maybe it would be a good thing to have a thread were if you are christian you can post why you are a christian and what good it has done in your life big grin
Me personaly I was pretty troublesome as a teenager and when i got out of that stage i started to read the bible and pray and i felt like i was beginning to live again for the first time. I felt a spiritual kinda joy i didn't get from drinking and drugs.
After a time i began to worry about everything else but my faith and i began to go back into my old mode. With my old behaviors i found myself in the same positions.
Finaly when i hit bottom i went back to my faith. Its sad sometimes it takes turning your back on the faith for a time to really realize how important it is to you.
When i follow it correctly it keeps me out of trouble. When people are bad to me i realize it is best to be loving even when soemone is bad to me as an example of jesus. When i do this its like breaking the chains that are on me from learned behavior.
People usually find themselves in a sticky situation because they are not using gods wisdom but their own.
When i pray i cannot explain the feeling i get sometimes. Its overwelming.
I am thankfull jesus died on a cross for me and i take it with faith and with evidence in my own life and experience it is the truth
That is why i am a christian
anyone else would like to share it would be great

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:06 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

do we need a thread to proclaim why we believe what we believe, thats kind of overkill

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Why not? If you're not interested in hearing peoples reasoning behind their chosen religion, ignore the thread and refrain from participating.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:24 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Why not? If you're not interested in hearing peoples reasoning behind their chosen religion, ignore the thread and refrain from participating
then they must tolerate the mocking too

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:26 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not hardly.

quote:

Courtesy:

Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

...and since it's too late for that, I'll submit this thread for review as well.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:31 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

this is a thread for any christians to discuss why their faith is important to them and the positive things it has done in their life. I do believe this is a religeon forum so it is valid.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:32 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

you have churches for that

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:38 PM
moviejunkie23

if they dont like it they dont need to participate(finti)
..................................................................................................
You were quoted in saying that in a thread that mocks christianity
i think that statement holds weight for this thread as well finti
this thread is for people who can share their christian testimonials in a religeos forum. It is appropriate

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:46 PM
finti

quote:
You were quoted in saying that in a thread that mocks christianity
it was an answer to cinema for his qoute in this thread

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:51 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

This is the Religion forum, the thread pertains to someones religious convictions, stating the following:

quote:

I thought that maybe it would be a good thing to have a thread were if you are christian you can post why you are a christian and what good it has done in your life

That said, if you're not a Christian, then you apparently don't have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation, thus your participation is discouraged.

Junkie, if your thread happens to be closed this evening, feel free to start another, and hopefully it will be free of pollutant posts.

quote:
Originally posted by finti
you have churches for that

We're not going to acknowledge ludicrous double standards that would allow people with Anti-Christian sentiments to suggest that the religious contingent, namely Christians, should "accept" any form of hazing, and allow said instigators to continue posting as such.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jan 7th, 2005 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:53 PM
finti

quote:
This is the Religion forum, the thread pertains to someones religious convictions, stating the following:
doesnt have to be turned into a place of religious testimonials

quote:
Junkie, if your thread happens to be closed this evening, feel free to start another, and hopefully it will be free of pollutant posts
you know as well as I do that someone is gonna post "pollutant" post regardless what, and they do it just for to annoy

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:58 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
doesnt have to be turned into a place of religious testimonials

you know as well as I do that someone is gonna post "pollutant" post regardless what, and they do it just for to annoy

It's not a place for those opposed to the Christian faith to mock it without provocation, either. Common sense would tell you that the one that's of a POSITIVE nature is the one that's going to stick around, as it's not bothering anyone, atleast not those encouraged to participate in said threads.

If people decide to continue to troll in threads that are gearing towards a target audience, they'll be dealt with accordingly.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:07 PM
carnival_junkie
God

every religion is a "good thing"
it's how a person acts upon it that matters.

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:09 PM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

We're not going to acknowledge ludicrous double standards that would allow people with Anti-Christian sentiments to suggest that the religious contingent, namely Christians, should "accept" any form of hazing, and allow said instigators to continue posting as such.
...................................................................................................
cinema said it best
thanks cinema i will copy my entry to the thread in case that happens.
But also i don't exclude anyone from my posts i just hope they can add something and be productive and let it pertain to the subject thats all big grin

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:10 PM
finti

quote:
Common sense would tell you that the one that's of a POSITIVE nature is the one that's going to stick around, as it's not bothering anyone
wait and see

quote:
every religion is a "good thing"
religion is the cause of most of the trouble on this planet now and in the past

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:13 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ignorance is worse.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:14 PM
moviejunkie23

actually i will spin what finti is saying into what this thread is designed to be.
At one point i had the same attitude as Finti does. Actually i mocked church and christianity allot and i thought i had it all down. It took time but God finaly worked on me until i went back to him.
So i am not mad at finti, actually i can relate to him allot. So there is no animosity whatsoever.
I am christian because of the grace of god not because of my own attitude, i meley accepted the gift of being able to believe in jesus
god bless you finti

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:17 PM
carnival_junkie
God

quote:

religion is the cause of most of the trouble on this planet now and in the past

i realize this.

but usually if one has a belief, one is happier.
...[coming from an Atheist.]

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:18 PM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
god bless you finti
im blessed already without the help of any god

quote:
At one point i had the same attitude as Finti does
you really dont know my true attitude toward the church

quote:
but usually if one has a belief, one is happier.
thats highly debatable

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:24 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
im blessed already without the help of any god

Being "blessed" in the Pagan sense doesn't seem like a blessing at all.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:31 PM