KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.

people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moviejunkie23

people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.

I have noticed that many people go out of their way to insult christians and to throw mud on the christian faith. One person i saw on a post made a suggestion that christians have some of their right taken away. Why would people be so set against someones elses belief? Why is it such a obsession to some people to debunk christianity?
Jesus told his people that they would be ridiculed on account of him. It seems to me when people go out of their way to insult and take jabs at christians they are only making christs predictions accurate and thus it comes to a christians mind jesus spoke of this i will pray and remain strong in the faith. If anything people that sneer and blast christians just give christians more of a reason to pray and become closer to their god and to walk even stronger in their faith. Maybe in some cases the people that do this to christians are actually doing gods will to his followers stronger in their faith.

smile

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 04:11 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

Maybe but then you'll find Christians that go out of their way to have a go at people who arent Christians. I dont think you can be attacked for believing it - what you believe is up to you but no religion is perfect and i guess people just like to point that out to reaffirm why they dont believe in it. But yeah I agree some people do go over the top.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 04:15 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It is really sad that people do this.Christians are the only reglion people are not afraid to spit all over.If it was jewish or Musim then it is different.
Stupid people are so closed mined these days.JM thumb down mad

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 04:23 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

people are prepared to spit all over judaism and islam - they just dont do it on this board cos theres no jews/muslims that react. well none that ive seen. would make a boring thread if noone reacted.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 04:25 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote:
Originally posted by naybean
people are prepared to spit all over judaism and islam - they just dont do it on this board cos theres no jews/muslims that react. well none that ive seen. would make a boring thread if noone reacted.

confused
What JackieMalfoy and you just said offends me somewhat, dear sir/madam. mad
Nobody does those sort of things to Jewish or Muslim people online here because:
1) Both Religions and peoples have suffered greatly over the last many centuries, (mostly at the hands of Christians <or amongst themselves> ), and most self-respecting people show both of the groups the proper respect that they both diserve.
And,
2) People don't want to get banned from the boards.

I daresay it's high-time that we start on the Christians. devil

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 07:34 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by ARC Trooper 117
confused
What JackieMalfoy and you just said offends me somewhat, dear sir/madam. mad
Nobody does those sort of things to Jewish or Muslim people online here because:
1) Both Religions and peoples have suffered greatly over the last many centuries, (mostly at the hands of Christians <or amongst themselves> ), and most self-respecting people show both of the groups the proper respect that they both diserve.
And,
2) People don't want to get banned from the boards.

I daresay it's high-time that we start on the Christians. devil

What a joke!!! First of all not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is one. Also, there are extremes on all sides. But all and all Christian
bashing is always going on. Try this, watch TV for a week. Write down
1. Muslim 2. Buddha, 3. Christian 4. etc. and see for your self which ones get more bashes. Now on Monday turn in your reports. Or you'll get a detention.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 03:55 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You can blame people like that woman who was on "Wife Swap" last night for the type of negative publicity Christians often get.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 04:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You know I love that show, and I missed it last night. Was watching Heart and Souls...So funny. Maybe they'll replay the wife swap show.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 04:35 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

"and most self-respecting people show both of the groups the proper respect that they both diserve."

what do you think of people in the christian faith, arc, do they deserve respect?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 06:07 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
what do you think of people in the christian faith, arc, do they deserve respect?
some yes, some no

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 06:47 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by debbiejo
What a joke!!! First of all not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is one. Also, there are extremes on all sides. But all and all Christian bashing is always going on. Try this, watch TV for a week. Write down 1. Muslim 2. Buddha, 3. Christian 4. etc. and see for your self which ones get more bashes. Now on Monday turn in your reports. Or you'll get a detention.

First, "there are extremes on all sides" is an equivocally untrue statement.

Second, the assertion that all religions should be criticized equally is ridiculous because not all religions deserve the same degree of criticism.

There has never been an act of violence performed in the name of Buddhism. However, many acts of violence have been performed in the name of Christianity; from the Crusades, to the Spanish inquisition, to the Salem witch trials, to murdering abortion doctors, the list goes on.

Does Buddhism deserve the same amount of bad press as Christianity? Is it fair to compare the two? Your whole argument is ridiculous.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:41 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a healthy hate for Xians in general. They are the root, stem and apple of the majority of the evil in this world.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 03:20 PM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
First, "there are extremes on all sides" is an equivocally untrue statement.

Second, the assertion that all religions should be criticized equally is ridiculous because not all religions deserve the same degree of criticism.

There has never been an act of violence performed in the name of Buddhism. However, many acts of violence have been performed in the name of Christianity; from the Crusades, to the Spanish inquisition, to the Salem witch trials, to murdering abortion doctors, the list goes on.

Does Buddhism deserve the same amount of bad press as Christianity? Is it fair to compare the two? Your whole argument is ridiculous.

Like I said "Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian IS ONE."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 05:44 PM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote:
I have a healthy hate for Xians in general. They are the root, stem and apple of the majority of the evil in this world.

Although I do find some of your posts both entertaining or insightful, I have to admit that the use of your word Xian for Christian is annoying. It is not a real word (except when used in context of the city of Xian) nor is it a recognised substitute for Christian (as Xmas is for Christmas). I don't know if you created this word and are now trying to make it hip or fashionable, but whatever your reason, it is not working.

It is not for a love of Christianity that this bothers me, it's just out of respect for basic communication and language skills.

Xian - A city of central China southwest of Beijing. The capital (221-206 B.C.) of the Qin dynasty, it is a major commercial center and the capital of Shaanxi province. Population: 2,872,539.

Last edited by KharmaDog on Feb 11th, 2005 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 06:10 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Like I said "Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian IS ONE."

There are on the order of 1,500 denominations, para-church organizations, and other groups in the U.S. who consider themselves to be Christian. Added to this are thousands of independent Christian congregations which are not affiliated with a denomination.

One could assemble a random group of adults and ask each individual to sort the 1,000 groups into two piles: those which are "truly" Christian, and those that are not.

In some cases, an individual will select their own faith group as the only truly Christian denomination, and define all of the other 999 as sub-Christian, quasi-Christian, or non-Christian. Other individuals might say that all 1,000 denominations are Christian. Most likely, a given individual will select most of the 1,000 groups as Christian, and reject the others.

There is no possibility of reaching a common definition which would identify which groups are "truly" Christian, so for the purposes of this discussion, any individual who devoutly regards himself as Christian is Christian.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 06:11 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

What I mean adam Poe, is that the title "Christian" does not make you one. It's your actions. There are extreme "Christians" tht to me don't much show that they are one. The crusades, for one, was barbaric in the name of God. Also the Inquisition, and many many other things. There are also extremists in other groups as well.

To be a Christian is just trying to follow Christs example. THAT'S IT.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 06:23 PM
Adam_PoE

quote:
What I mean adam Poe, is that the title "Christian" does not make you one. It's your actions. There are extreme "Christians" tht to me don't much show that they are one. The crusades, for one, was barbaric in the name of God. Also the Inquisition, and many many other things. There are also extremists in other groups as well.

To be a Christian is just trying to follow Christs example. THAT'S IT.

Who are you to say those people were not true Christians? They were so devout in their belief in Christianity that they were willing to kill in the name of it. Surely, they would consider themselves Christians.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:37 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Because to be a Christian is to be Christ like, and some of the things that I've read they did, were torturous, and evil on both the Muslim and Christian sides. Though their motives were good, if indeed they were.

I don't think it's right to boil people alive, for instance, and that's some of the things they did.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:17 PM
Adam_PoE

quote:
Because to be a Christian is to be Christ like, and some of the things that I've read they did, were torturous, and evil on both the Muslim and Christian sides. Though their motives were good, if indeed they were.

I don't think it's right to boil people alive, for instance, and that's some of the things they did.

That does not change the fact they are Christians.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 11:41 PM
moviejunkie23

quote:
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo

Someone that forgives those that trespass' against them, someone that trys to help the needy, someone that does not condone violence and someone that trys to make the world a better place as christ taught. You have a "healthy" hatred for them ou?
by the way what nationality are you?
because anyone here who is germen i have news for you. Germen Nazis burned people in ovens. Now should we judge a germen man today for the crimes committed by germens in the past? Should you have a healthy hatred for germens??
Anyone here American? because i will tell you one thing if you are you personaly ( according to Low Hoo) are responsible for slavery. I think everyone should have a healthy hatred for americans as well don't you Low hoo?
Hey guys lets not forget to include anyone who has middle eastern decent ok? You should according to Low hoo have a great hatred for them because there have been middle eastern people that have killed women, for if they wish ,no reason and it is lawfull. How many people have been killed by terroeists?? yea i think you should hate them too don't you Low hoo?
So lets see so far you should have a healthy hatred towards americans germens anyone with middle eastern decent and christians. I am sure we can all hate the whole world if we try hard enough guys.
I wonder if its possible there are good americans? Maybe good germens???? maybe good middle easterners? now wait Low hoo, wrap your brain around this one, is it possible christians have done good things inn the world and there are many that are good people????

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:04 AM