KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » does hell also have a bible?

does hell also have a bible?
Started by: dragonpisces272

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

does hell also have a bible?

After watching Constantine, I was just curious if they really do have a bible in hell. It stated in the movie that "Hell's Bible" was a different version of Revelations, and in the cover of their Bible, it had the picture of Jesus on the cross, but the cross is flipped upside down. Any info on this?

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:46 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ignite
Toats My Goats

i dont have actual info..i maybe it does...
its prob more along the lines of
rules u must break at all times.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:59 PM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You're giving the movie away....ahhhhh...I haven't seen it yet sad

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 03:31 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Not that I' m aware of.

There' s the fictional work Necronomicon, invented by H.P. Lovecraft. There are accounts of some people actually believing the Necronomicon to be a real book, which it is not.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:01 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RavenNightstar
We all go a little mad...

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
Not that I' m aware of.

There' s the fictional work Necronomicon, invented by H.P. Lovecraft. There are accounts of some people actually believing the Necronomicon to be a real book, which it is not.

Actually, the Necronomicon was not invented by H.P.Lovecraft, he just wrote about it. The Necronomicon actually does exist, and it is called "The Book of the Dead", but I am unsure if it's Hell's Bible!

May the Wind always be at your back, and the Sun upon your face...
And may the Winds of Destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
RavenNightstar is currently offline Click here to Send RavenNightstar a Private Message Find more posts by RavenNightstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Lovecraft himself insisted the book was pure invention.
This issue was confused in the late 1970' s by the publication of a book purporting to be a translation of the "real" Necronomicon. This book, by the pseudonymic "Simon", published by Schlangekraft ("snake power", an Illuminatus reference) and then in Avon paperback, attempted to connect the fictional Lovecraft mythology to Sumerian mythology. The Necronomicon' s connection to historical Sumerian mythology is entirely a product of Simon' s imagination. Nor do the "biographical facts" of Lovecraft' s life as presented there have any basis in historical reality.

The Book of the Dead is the common name for the ancient Egyptian funerary text 'The Book of Coming [or Going] Forth By Day'. The name was invented by the German Egyptologist Karl Richard Lepsius, who published a selection of the texts in 1842.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:47 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: does hell also have a bible?

quote:
Originally posted by dragonpisces272
After watching Constantine, I was just curious if they really do have a bible in hell. It stated in the movie that "Hell's Bible" was a different version of Revelations, and in the cover of their Bible, it had the picture of Jesus on the cross, but the cross is flipped upside down. Any info on this?

It was just a movie. Pure fiction if there is a hell they might have a their own version of what happen when God kick the Lucifer out of heaven.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 05:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

Debbiejo>sowiie...i should've put some kinda indication of a spoiler...well there's still a lot to look out for...

Storm>what is the background information on the Necronomicon? I've never heard of it...

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 07:36 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The book is mentioned in various places in fiction but always as being very rare. There are supposedly secret or hidden copies in the British Museum, the Bibliotheque Nationale de France, Widener Library of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the University of Buenos Aires and the library of the fictional Miskatonic University in the equally fictional Arkham, Massachusetts. The book is dangerous to read, being almost inevitably destructive of one' s health and sanity and is kept under lock and key in these libraries.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 07:55 AM
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

so thats what it is...but if it's inevitably descructive, then why don't they burn it? Or find some kinda plan to get rid of it?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 08:38 AM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I believe it is a fictional work.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 08:43 AM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by RavenNightstar
Actually, the Necronomicon was not invented by H.P.Lovecraft, he just wrote about it. The Necronomicon actually does exist, and it is called "The Book of the Dead", but I am unsure if it's Hell's Bible!

The Book of the Dead is from Egypt, and has nothing to do with death. It's a book of life and incantations. When the dead depart the world of the living, these incantations are spoken outloud to allow the dead individual to have all they possessed in life but in death. This is why Egyptian Priests touch the mouth of the deceased with a rod, so the incantations can be spoken in the spirit world. It has nothing to do "Hell's Bible", which is bogus!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 11:41 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

quote: (post)

In the hell, how could that be? It is impossible, on earth: yes there is and it is surely not from LaVey. The Seven Chapters of Sebitti or Al Azif could reveal something about hell, if it will not drive you insane. And if you can manage to read, understand and remember then maybe you will know.

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:57 AM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

And secondly, just to forever remove the veil of Lovecraft, because I'm really getting tired of this Necronomicon bullshit: it was an invention of Lovecraft and is based on what I just said above.
It is ****ing fake, just understand and remember, for Lovecraft poisoned the true nature of the Great Gods, the beloved Gods from a long time ago...

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:01 AM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Tis' a very dangerous book yes

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 08:32 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Temple of Set in ancient Egypt was considered by many the foundation for satanic worship, Luciferian, Children of the Black Rose...To follow Set was considered Black Majick and was mostly practiced in secret. As far as any bible I'm really not sure on. But I'm sure their must have been. I think the summerians clueless about any book of the dead. Lovecraft went through alot of crap to make people belived his trash. I think The Knights of the Templar had a stern satanic foundation. I personally think their is no one way into the powers of hell. I think Hell has many doors that lead to the same room.Then again maybe I'm just full of

Last edited by Darth Odious on Apr 6th, 2005 at 07:06 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 07:00 AM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

quote: (post)

Inleast you are talkilng about a wiccian bible I doubt it very much.JM smile

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 03:31 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Wiccian Bible is just pagan rituals...I don't think it's harmful.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 03:40 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dated a Wiccan once. Besides all the sage burning, and tarot card readings(some were hauntingly accurate) she was a great lover. Talk about taking your time to savor the moment. She wasn't won of those club slugs that just lays there and lets you do all the work. It was like an oddessey, the candles, the Enya, the grinding. I'm far from Wiccan let me assure you. It's like comparing pink lemonade to gasoline. She said it was because she always fell for someone with the Hanged Man card. I guess that's Wiccan for The Bullsh*t Artist. I haven't seen her in over a decade. I could have predicted that one. This was brought to you by Pepsi. Drink up!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:44 PM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

maybe a bit too much info on certain things there DO smokin'

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:15 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote