KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus Didn't Die On Easter.

Jesus Didn't Die On Easter.
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Jesus Didn't Die On Easter.

Since Easter is tomorrow I thought this would be a interesting topic.

Easter was was impliments by the Catholic church to erase any shread of Jewishness. The real date of Jesus death was on pass over. So shouldn't it be celebrated on the real date?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:41 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vicki horvath

Good Friday represents Jesus' Death and Easter his resurrection. According to the signs given in The Bible, i.e. position of the stars, the weather, the shepherds in the field, the dates we celebrate Christmas and Easter are known to be the wrong dates, I o not believe anyone knows the real dates! Actually Easter is celebrated at the time of a Pagan holiday, and the "Goddess of fertility, hence the eggs and rabbits. The time of year we celebrate Christmas is basedon an old pagan religion celebration. But,as Christians, we use these days to remember Jesus,, regardless of everything else. Take Care!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
vicki horvath is currently offline Click here to Send vicki horvath a Private Message Find more posts by vicki horvath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Also, if the crucifixion was on a friday, Jesus didn't rise on Sunday... unless he was a liar or just plain wrong.... it all follows from a mistranslation and misunderstanding of what a "sabbath" was.....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:55 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

god dead on good friday and raised from the dead sunday morning.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 09:26 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
god dead on good friday and raised from the dead sunday morning.JM

"As Jonas was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights, so shall the son of man be in the belly of the earth three days and three nights..." so, lets count.... friday night.... thats one night... all day saturday... thats a total of two nights and a day.... then up sunday morning.... oh dear.... we're two days and one night short... so, could Jesus not count? was he lying? or did he get fed up of waiting in the tomb and think, "stuff this, I'm out of here..."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 12:27 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

I kinda like Jackie Malfoy's posts. Though im wondering why she can't put together at least one properly formulated sentence.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 04:55 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The Jews days were from evening to evening, not midnight to midnight, so friday actually started thurs. at sundown.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 06:09 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Originally posted by debbiejo
The Jews days were from evening to evening, not midnight to midnight, so friday actually started thurs. at sundown.

still doesn't make three days and three nights..... friday sunset to saturday sunrise... sat sunrise to sat sunset... sat sunset to sunday sunrise.... even if they crucified him in the dark between thursday sunset and friday sunrise we're still a day and a night short....

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 05:01 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Originally posted by clickclick
I kinda like Jackie Malfoy's posts. Though im wondering why she can't put together at least one properly formulated sentence.

I try my best.JM embarrasment Anyway remember when god said in the bible that he will rise in three days.Will think about it.It been three days.Friday night he is dead saturday he is buried and sunday he is risen.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 09:21 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I do know that there was another sabbath going on around the same time. One of the many yearly Sabbaths. I think it started a day or 2 before the 7th day sabbath. Maybe that was the sabbath he was crucified on.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 09:32 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It was on a sunday I am pretty sure it was.JM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 09:34 PM
big gay kirk

I do know that there was another sabbath going on around the same time. One of the many yearly Sabbaths. I think it started a day or 2 before the 7th day sabbath. Maybe that was the sabbath he was crucified on.

spot on.... he's crucified the day before the yearly sabbath of Passover.... he's then stabbed to hasten his death and taken down before the Sabbath starts at sunset, because the Romans fear there'll be riots if people are left hanging there on a holy day... Jesus is then taken to the tomb, where he remains until the following weekly sabbath.... he rises during the dark period that the Jews would hold to be the beginning of the day, and is therefore already risen when the women get there.... between the yearly sabbath and the weekly sabbath we would have to have three periods of light and three periods of darkness, and given the jewish calendar we could see that this occurs quite often....

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 11:45 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Also, I think the Feast of Unleaven bread is mixed in also. I think it starts a couple days before Passover. They overlap if I remember right.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 05:45 PM
finti

.......and I shall rise on the third day, friday day 1, saturday day 2, sunday day 3. Obviously counted the day he died as day 1

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:44 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Originally posted by finti
.......and I shall rise on the third day, friday day 1, saturday day 2, sunday day 3. Obviously counted the day he died as day 1

but he definitely says his sign will be the sign of Jonas.... three days and three nights.... and in the aramaic, the word used for "day" usually means a period of light.... as opposed to a complete "day"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:33 PM
yerssot

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On Easter.

So shouldn't it be celebrated on the real date?

neither is his birthday celebrated on the right day, but so what? it won't make any difference at all, it's the message that counts

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
and in the aramaic, the word used for "day" usually means a period of light.... as opposed to a complete "day"
actually suports what I wrote, it was still light when jesus died so that should count as day 1

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:24 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Re: Jesus Didn't Die On Easter.

The real date of Jesus death was on pass over. So shouldn't it be celebrated on the real date?

Funnily enough, the jehovah's Witnesses and certain othe rChristian groups do stick to the Jewish festivals.... and therefore celebrate on the right date....

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:37 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I say, if your going to do it then do it right.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:06 PM
frodo34x
^_^

Originally posted by clickclick
It's because she doesn't have a spacebar.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 05:08 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote