KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Anglican Pope.....

The Anglican Pope.....
Started by: big gay kirk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
big gay kirk

The Anglican Pope.....

With millions of Catholics worldwide mourning the Pope, it makes me wonder whether or not the Anglican Church would be better off with a Pope or Pope-like figure... is it a problem that the Church of England has the Queen as head, even though she is unable to carry out the duties of the lieutenant of God? Would the Church gain if full power were invested in the Archbishop of Canterbury, making him into an English Pope??? What do you lot reckon??

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:31 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I'm not Catholic,and don't think to much about Pope things..But I'm sure the pope figure will live on. I don't know Pope politics.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:59 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

pope is just a title for powerhungry men, the protestant church doesnt need that kind of head of church, we have enough with the publicity craving bishops......and those funny hats

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 09:18 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

The main reason why the Protestant movement began was to break
with the Pope and Rome.

I don't think it would make much sense for them to create one of
their own now.

Besdies, the whole point of the Pope is that he's the spiritual heir
of Peter (I'm pretty sure it's Peter...I think), so there can't really be
another Pope.

Some other smaller Christian sects do have their own chruch head,
though not on the same authority and power level as the Pope, such
as the Copts.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 09:33 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I dont get how the Pope thing works.

Hes strictly Catholic, no? What about all other branches of Christiaity, does Pope have any ''religious power'' over them?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 09:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^ NO...Wouldn't if be interesting though if there was a non-Catholic type Pope, if that's possible. Wouldn't that reunite both the Catholics and the Protestants? Some prophecies say there will be a "One World Church" especially the Cath. and Pros. branches...I do know that the Catholic church(mother church) is waiting for the protestant (daughter church) to come home...I bet this might do it, or it just might stir up something really big..

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

If there ever was a union of major Christian sects, it's
more likely to be the Catholic Church, and some Eastern
Orthodox Church.

They happen to have more in comoon as far as views on
modern morality (or immorality), and the place of past
traditions.

In fact, it already happened, sort of, with the Maronites of
Lebanon, and the "Chaldeans" of Iraq. These two aren't
exactly Catholic, but they do rcognize the authory of Rome,
and practice some Catholic rites in their churches.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:16 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Burger
If there ever was a union of major Christian sects, it's
more likely to be the Catholic Church, and some Eastern
Orthodox Church..

Already been tried - this Christmas in fact in Eastern Europe. My family is Orthodox.

I dont actually know what the reaction of people was, but the talks were in motion.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:38 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote