KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Spontaneous Human Combustion[merged]

Spontaneous Human Combustion[merged]
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Spontanious Combustion

I'm not sure where to post this..I don't think it is an religious experience.
or is it.lol. I know most people have heard of spontanious combustion, like I have, but I've never heard anyone really explain why it happens.

How can someone busrt into flames..I just don't get it.

Could this be a LIVING HELL...

Any thoughts??

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 03:44 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

While the cause of Spontaneous Human Combustion remained a complete mystery for many years, it is generally accepted that an external source of ignition leading to a wick-effect fire, is the cause of the phenomena.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:04 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

indeed, it is still a (scientific) mystery, though it might have something to do with the alcohol-usage you have

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It would be generally accepted that the most probable reason for the appearance of SHC seems to be a non-spontaneous wick effect fire.

The wick effect theory essentially says that a person is burned through his/her own fats after being ignited, accidentally or otherwise. The clothed human body acts like an 'inside-out' candle: the human fat (the fuel source) is inside and the clothing of the victim (the wick) is outside. Hence there is a continuous supply of fuel, in the form of fat that melts and drips to the victim' s clothing. Fat contains a large amount of energy due to the presence of long hydrophobic chains.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 09:06 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whatever the reason, it's cool. But, I hope it never happens to me.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:17 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Don't you people watching south park? It's caused from holding in your farts for too long! Duh!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I just don't understand how a chemical reaction inside the body can make it burst into flames. Wouldn't they feel hot first, or feverish? It seems many people are unaware that they are even smoking...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:43 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

(please log in to view the image)

what amazes me is the wick effect

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 11:06 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
I just don't understand how a chemical reaction inside the body can make it burst into flames. Wouldn't they feel hot first, or feverish? It seems many people are unaware that they are even smoking...

Spontaneous Human Combustion is not started by an internal chemical reaction but an external ignition source.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:42 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but is it more likely to happen to overweight people then thin?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 04:09 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by debbiejo
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but is it more likely to happen to overweight people then thin?

Yes.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:50 PM
NicktheBassist
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats really interesting, i was always curious about it ever since my buddy told me this story about some grandma who fell asleep in a rocking chair and died from burning to death due to SHC. the story was actually kinda funny (i feel terrible for saying that) embarrasment

"Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. Damn bunny, tryin to take Easter away from Jesus" - Peter Griffin

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 12:27 AM
NicktheBassist is currently offline Click here to Send NicktheBassist a Private Message Find more posts by NicktheBassist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ignite
Toats My Goats

imagine if u did...
hehe

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 01:56 AM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Don't you people watching south park? It's caused from holding in your farts for too long! Duh!
laughing out loud

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:02 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Question Spontaneous Human Combustion

What theories have you guys heard and what do you think?

i heard it has something to do with alternate dimensions crossing or something like that.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:00 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kaidaboo
so dazed and confused

its not true... ive hered a bunch of stuff but the real deal is someone fell asleep on top of some fire retardent stuff and he fell asleep smoking a cigarette and manages to catch himself on fire and he didnt move cuz he was drunk...ltheres my therey and it sound more logical than altering dimentions

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
kaidaboo is currently offline Click here to Send kaidaboo a Private Message Find more posts by kaidaboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

its never been proven as far as i know.

but if there was an explination id say it was the force

(as you can see im a SW far) wink

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 4th, 2005 11:15 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

that's what happens when you hold your farts in.

on a more serious note... i've seen this documentary about SHC in the discovery channel. they showed some pictures where the only remnants of such an event were mere limbs. another thing was the fire never seem to have spread elsewhere. it was weird because the flesh and bones were completely reduced to ashes, the furniture being uccupied by the victim was charred and nothing else.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:10 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

My boyfriend heard some weirded out, like wicked science fiction type theory.

some people believe in alternate dimensions or universes. They say they are exactly the same thing as ours except somewhere else. the planes cross paths, and we cant see the people in the other dimension, and they cant see us. we go on with our lives without ever knowing that we could be eating breakfast at a diner next to ourselves in another dimension.
Anyways, like if thats not creepy enough to think about.
The SHC theory is that a person combusts when the two dimension planes cross, they walk through themself... like the version of them in another dimension.

it's a stretch but its cool to think about when youre trashed lol

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post May 5th, 2005 01:40 AM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Too much exercise

Makes the body hot, then you burst into flames and die.

All the more reason not to exercise.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 01:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote