KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is psychic stuff the devil?

Is psychic stuff the devil?
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Is psychic stuff the devil?

Why do religious beliefs state this? Do they state it because it's paranormal so they immediately think it's bad?

Why would the devil use such a tool?

I believe that God (if there is one) gave us this gift to help us. He cannot interfere with free will. So for an example, you're about to get into a car that is going to crash, your instinct tells you not to do so you don't get in. So God gave this to us to help us.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:17 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

God gave everybody these gifts. Most people call things they don't understand evil...It's been that way for centuries.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:47 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XxoooxX

It wosen't a gift from god somepeople naturally have that ability.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 10:23 PM
XxoooxX is currently offline Click here to Send XxoooxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxoooxX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

It is a gift from God..But because it's not understood, it's called evil by many. These gifts are here for all and in fact we all have them, to heal ourselves and others.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 10:26 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edida
Restricted

Account Restricted

everyone has or has had these "gifts", usually when they were children. as we mature, we learn to trust instead our "logical" senses, sight, hearing, feel, etc., and the basic senses are repressed. some of us have had something happen in our lives to awaken or partially awaken those early senses. when i observe something that most people would consider extrasensory, i am no longer frightened, confused or even surprised. i just assume it is the nature of things. this is neither evil, or sinful, it's just natural. i've learned it's no big deal.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 12:35 AM
edida is currently offline Click here to Send edida a Private Message Find more posts by edida Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I try not to think too logical when a psychic thing happens to me. I just thank my higher mind for giving me that experience.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:29 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Is psychic stuff the devil?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackC@
Why do religious beliefs state this? Do they state it because it's paranormal so they immediately think it's bad?

I believe that God (if there is one) gave us this gift to help us. He cannot interfere with free will. So for an example, you're about to get into a car that is going to crash, your instinct tells you not to do so you don't get in. So God gave this to us to help us.

Having the instinct to avoid danger and extransensory or preternatural psychic ability are not one and the same. Psychic ability comes from satan who uses it to lure and entice people away from God and towards him. He knows how much people crave to know the future so he caters to them through a process known as divination. In fact, astrology, fortune-telling, palm reading, tarot-card reading, the practice of mediums, use of ouija boards, the holding of seances, horoscope reading, practice of magic, and the like should be avoided completely. These things give place to the devil in your life. Once the devil gets a legal foothold in your life (through your own consent whether you realize that you are giving it to him or not) he will endeavor to get control of other areas of your life. Engaging in those practices in any way can lead to demonic possession.

http://www.spiritualcuriosity.com/c...ty/ouijafaq.htm

http://www.farsinet.com/truth/faq.html#faq11

http://www.ouija1.com/

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:58 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The premise for saying that psychic powers are evil is that they are fundamentally the same thing as witchcraft--seeking power from something other than God.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 04:15 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

well, the powers that "god" has given people are just stunning.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 05:34 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

there may be some merit in this

you are exactly as likely to get possessed by a demon as you are to have a psychic experience.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 06:52 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

can we define what "gifts" are?

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 06:56 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Re: Re: Is psychic stuff the devil?

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
use of ouija boards, practice of magic, and the like should be avoided completely. T
I would ask why it is evil or devillish to use ouija boards; alternatively, why is it inherently evil or "letting the devil into your door" to 'practice magic'? You don't like Wiccans very much, do you?

Originally posted by FeceMan
The premise for saying that psychic powers are evil is that they are fundamentally the same thing as witchcraft--seeking power from something other than God.
And what if someone using those 'powers' believes vehemently they come from god?

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 07:32 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Is psychic stuff the devil?

Originally posted by Dreamt
I would ask why it is evil or devillish to use ouija boards; alternatively, why is it inherently evil or "letting the devil into your door" to 'practice magic'? You don't like Wiccans very much, do you?

I already explained the answer to your first question.

What or whom I like really is not the issue. You have not correctly construed my intent for writing my post.

God Condemns The Following Practices: Necromancy, Augury, Witchcraft, Interpreting Omens, Soothsaying, Sorcery, Conjuring Spells, The Practice Of Mediums i.e. Calling Up the Dead, Spiritism (or Spiritualism), Stargazing, Prognostication, Astrology

—Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:10-15; Isaiah 47:12-15; Acts 8:9-13, 13:6-11, 19:17-20

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Apr 9th, 2007 at 07:41 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 07:36 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not a fan of Most Hanted then. Tell you what, he's missing out.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 02:17 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is psychic stuff the devil?

Having the instinct to avoid danger and extransensory or preternatural psychic ability are not one and the same. Psychic ability comes from satan who uses it to lure and entice people away from God and towards him. He knows how much people crave to know the future so he caters to them through a process known as divination. In fact, astrology, fortune-telling, palm reading, tarot-card reading, the practice of mediums, use of ouija boards, the holding of seances, horoscope reading, practice of magic, and the like should be avoided completely. These things give place to the devil in your life. Once the devil gets a legal foothold in your life (through your own consent whether you realize that you are giving it to him or not) he will endeavor to get control of other areas of your life. Engaging in those practices in any way can lead to demonic possession.

http://www.spiritualcuriosity.com/c...ty/ouijafaq.htm

http://www.farsinet.com/truth/faq.html#faq11

http://www.ouija1.com/

I already explained the answer to your first question.

What or whom I like really is not the issue. You have not correctly construed my intent for writing my post.

God Condemns The Following Practices: Necromancy, Augury, Witchcraft, Interpreting Omens, Soothsaying, Sorcery, Conjuring Spells, The Practice Of Mediums i.e. Calling Up the Dead, Spiritism (or Spiritualism), Stargazing, Prognostication, Astrology

—Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:10-15; Isaiah 47:12-15; Acts 8:9-13, 13:6-11, 19:17-20

(please log in to view the image)

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 07:56 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

JIA on TV. laughing out loud

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 07:57 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcu

Hey there BlackC.

The way I think about such things is that we get "thoughts" and "messages" both from good (God) and evil (Devil) Spirits. If I am getting a "feeling" I would ask myself if this is in line with what God would want me to do or feel..and if not, then I would say it was Satan creeping his nasty hands into my life. I do believe that we can quiet ourselves before God and "hear" what he wants to tell us..either threw pictures or feelings. (Though I have not mastered this and find it difficult to quiet my brain for longer than a minute..lol)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 08:12 PM
marcu is currently offline Click here to Send marcu a Private Message Find more posts by marcu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alliance
well, the powers that "god" has given people are just stunning.

The ones that the Amazing Randi laughs at?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 08:26 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Astrology, tarot cards, vodoo dolls, it's all dark-sided stuff. I am a god warrior! lol

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 09:24 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

You are wrong...

Psychic powers are evil. Anything that is not of God is EVIL. If you think differently then you are EVIL

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 09:26 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote