KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » be punish or no

be punish or no
Started by: stop_sign

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stop_sign

be punish or no

If a man,women,or child stole some food because they had no money ... should they be punish for this act? or was this act ok since they had nothing and this was the only way to survive?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:24 AM
stop_sign is currently offline Click here to Send stop_sign a Private Message Find more posts by stop_sign Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

According to the laws they should be punished though I feel if a person is starving and it's only food, why should they be....It's only food, not like it was a bank.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:08 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

Why is this in the Religion forum? What the f**k?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:10 AM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: be punish or no

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stop_sign
If a man,women,or child stole some food because they had no money ... should they be punish for this act? or was this act ok since they had nothing and this was the only way to survive?

They should not be punished, but they should not be praised. They should be allowed to regain their dignity, and become self-sufficient.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:29 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
They should not be punished, but they should not be praised. They should be allowed to regain their dignity, and become self-sufficient
to much Utopia in that, the real world dont work like that

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 10:23 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

They should not be praised, as it is wrong in what they did, but they should not be punished eithor.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:26 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Re: Re: be punish or no

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They should not be punished, but they should not be praised.

Originally posted by Makedde
They should not be praised, as it is wrong in what they did, but they should not be punished eithor.

What the f**k?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:48 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sammii

I think its upseting if some 1 is that poor they cant afford food n if they steel i blame no 1 but the goverment for not providing help for these people

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:41 PM
sammii is currently offline Click here to Send sammii a Private Message Find more posts by sammii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dawson

Object: Stealing (bad)
Intention: To feed children (neutral)
Circumstance: The children are starving (neutral)
Overall: Bad.

The act is immoral, but under the circumstances and with that intention, the copability of the parents is lessened.

Signatures | Hrm?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:44 PM
Dawson is currently offline Click here to Send Dawson a Private Message Find more posts by Dawson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

In history, people lost a hand for stealing which is harsh. But today there shouldn't be any reason for people not to have enough food. If I had to, I would.........OHHHHH..I'd probably beg a lot.....lol

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:58 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The law is the law. However, punishment need not always be harsh; the circumstances and consequences should be regarded compassionately. The response of the law/society should also be to rectify the situation, otherwise it becomes part of the problem.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 03:03 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Mindship
The law is the law. However, punishment need not always be harsh; the circumstances and consequences should be regarded compassionately. The response of the law/society should also be to rectify the situation, otherwise it becomes part of the problem.
Older societies in the past had some good ideas for the poor, like letting the poor gleen their fields.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 04:54 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Mindship

In other words, the punishment should fit the crime.

Suppose a man accidentally hits a woman with his car and kills her. While he did not intend on harming her, his intentions do not change the fact that she is dead. He must be punished, but his punishment must fit his crime. This is why the United States legal system differentiates between murder I, murder II, and manslaughter.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 08:04 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I understand. Funny though in some places in history, if a person commits a crime against another, the person is OWNED by the family of the one who committed the crime, for so many years. Now to me, that would work quite well.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 08:19 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by finti
to much Utopia in that, the real world dont work like that

When I say "no punishment" I do not mean not charged and not found guilty. The punishment should fit the crime, and this crime requires that these people be given a change (one chance). If good people are made to do this, then the system is at fault. However, we need to keep an eye on these people in case they abuse the system.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 08:47 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You mean keep stealing food?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 09:18 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
You mean keep stealing food?

Abusing the system = trying to get something for nothing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 09:20 PM