KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Trinity...is it monotheistic?

The Trinity...is it monotheistic?
Started by: Revernd Maynard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ax3l
Dream Finder

The Trinity...is it monotheistic?

Christianity has a belife of the trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost). They pray to all of them, so does that mean that they're all one different thing, or one different form of God?

this thread kind of goes along with Punker's "Oneness or Trinity" Thread

One little spark...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:14 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

They pray to all of them....????

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:15 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

There is another thread just like this.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:43 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I knew that, I'm psychic wink

I'm a psychic, heretic, wiccan, vegetarian.....With a exchristian disposition...lol

Last edited by debbiejo on Mar 9th, 2006 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:50 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
I knew that, I'm psychic wink

I'm a psychic, heretic, wiccan, vegetarian.....With a exchristian disposition...lol

Ooh ooh...me too! Well...once upon a time. Now I'm psychic, half-mental, Mormon, working on the vegetarian...it's shifty....and I've always been Christian as I DO believe in Christ...so you got me on that one, but I USED to be wiccan! HA!

laughing out loud

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 05:44 AM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella

Re: The Trinity...is it monotheistic?

Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Christianity has a belife of the trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost). They pray to all of them, so does that mean that they're all one different thing, or one different form of God?

I am Christian. Not going to debate the Mormon/Christian thing in here, but I am cuz I say I am so let it go. Anyway!

I do not pray to all pieces of the Trinity. I didn't know that people did. I pray to the Father in the name of the Son by means of the Holy Ghost.

As God and I can't sit and have a cup of hot chocolate and mull over the latest happenings and to do's in my life...I have to go through networks and channels like everyone else.

Why would you pray to the Holy Ghost? Or to Christ? I mean, sure Christ is a bit understandable, but he's like...the go to man and the Holy Ghost is like...the messanger, but God...well he has all the answers and he says yes or no.

hmm...I still just don't understand some churches.

Oh yeah...and why do Catholics pray to statues of human beings that they claim are saints? Sure...fine...you can have saints. That's cool...it's your thing. But why do you pray to them? Isn't that like...a sin? I thought it was a sin. Of course...I'm only going by the 10 commandments. Thou shalt have no God before me...or something like that. And then there is the one...Thou Shalt not worship false idols. Praying to a statue of a man...or a woman...even Mary...that's kinda like...worshipping. But that's my opinion. I wanna just know why.

It may not be worshipping in your mind. I don't pray to statues...or to crosses. Crucifixes freak me out. We have these GIGANTIC crosses on the side of the road in Baton Rouge...THOSE freak me out! It's like...if Christ came now and was punished and put to death for our sins now days...and they used a modern means of execution...we'd be like...praying to needles...or an electric chair. Do you see what I'm getting at? I just don't understand why.

I know you probably wear the crosses and have them as a reminder of the sacrifice, but you're recognizing Christ by means of a torture and execution device. now...maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I dunno.

I dont' mean to offend anyone. I just wanna know these things. I'm not Catholic and eventhough I've studied it...it just doesn't make sense to me. Can someone enlighten me?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 05:57 AM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Christianity seems more henotheistic then monotheistic to be honest.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:26 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The Trinity...is it monotheistic?

Originally posted by Kella
I do not pray to all pieces of the Trinity.

JENGA!!!!!

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:28 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella

laughing out loud Do you mean the game???

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 08:17 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I heard today that The trinity is like water

You have water as a solid/liquid/gas, but its still H20

One little spark...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:14 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The Trinity stems from older Pagan mythologies.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:17 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What about heavy water? D2O laughing

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Christianity didn't come up with the Trinity idea.
Egypts history is nearly as old as the Sumerians. Egypt also believed in a, transcendental, above creation, and preexisting one, the god Amun. Amun was really three gods in one. There are many others also.

BTW, I'm not wiccian... beer

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 09:37 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Besides Jesus never spoke of a trinity.

Mark 12:29 was, “Hear O Israel, the Lord is ONE….

Nowhere in the Bible is the Trinity mentioned. The word “trinity” and the concepts in the Nicene Creed, such as “hypostasis,” are not biblical.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 10:31 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I imagine that the Trinity, at first, was not to be taken literally. It was a way of talking, a way to make God into something more tangible.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 11:42 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

Re: The Trinity...is it monotheistic?

They believe there is ONE God revealed in three persons. The best example I can give is that GOD is like a race. And the Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit occupy that race.

They basically believe three different beings make up God and yes, they do pray to all of them. Whenever you hear them pray you'll hear them say "In the name of the F,S,and HS" or something along those lines.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 11:47 PM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by debbiejo
The Trinity stems from older Pagan mythologies.

If I remember correctly the egyptian trinity is Isis horus and set???

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 03:03 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

Theres a big difference you have to remember.

Oneness christians believe that the Holy Spirit, The Father, and the Son are ONE.

Trinitarians believe that The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all ONE. But they believe each God has a different personality and GOD is revealed in three persons.

God is one person. He's not three different people. He's one being filling out different roles.

John 14:9- He who hath seen me hath seen the father.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 04:01 AM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

how can three things be one, n how can one things be three{aother example of how the very definitions of logic n englishlanguage are tinkered with by believers} either god is the FATHER, the SON or the HOLY GHOST. u cant have it both ways, either there are three gods or only one god and actually jesus, the father and the holy ghost are each 1/3 rd of GOD{which goes against the FATHER/GOD connection that christianity makes} also logically, jesus is not god, if he is the SON of god, either he is the son or her is the father himself. besides why would god need mary anyway if jesus was god himself?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 04:27 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

My dad is a Father, Son, and a Husband but he is still MANUEL.

God is not three different people. He is one person filling out different roles.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:09 PM