KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Levels of Hell?

Are there levels in hell for suffering?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 83.33%
No 1 16.67%
Don't know. 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Levels of Hell?
Started by: ThePittman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Worried Levels of Hell?

I couldn’t find this posted before so if it is sorry. I was thinking about this while on lunch today eating a Big Mac. So if you don’t believe in God or you commit sins and don’t repent you go to Hell. Well while you are there are their different levels of suffering and is it based off of your deeds and if so why would the Devil follow that rule. I would think if the Devil is against God he would reward the ones that broke the most of God’s rules and punish the ones that followed them. If there are no levels then one that followed most of God’s rules would suffer just as much as a mass murder?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 07:56 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

You could differentiate between hell, sheol, limbo and purgatory.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:02 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Are you talking about Dante?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I’m not too familiar with the others, just Hell and Purgatory but as far as I know if you don’t believe in God your go to Hell.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:11 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThePittman
I’m not too familiar with the others, just Hell and Purgatory but as far as I know if you don’t believe in God your go to Hell.

Hell does not exist outside of this life. You see hell is a state of mind that we suffer through.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:13 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

...among others in the various versions of "hell", I would assume.

Hell has always seemed even more asinine to me than the Christian conception of Heaven. If Christianity is right, I'd much rather go to hell than heaven, because any "God" allowing for such punishments isn't someone I want to hang around with. And besides, given eternity to get used to it (because that's what I'd have in hell) I'm fairly certain I could learn to endure and even enjoy any form of punishment they bring before me, whether it's physical, mental, or spiritual.

So I'll be the matyr and volunteer for the lowest levels of hell chaps....that's likely where the real fun's at. wink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

The Divine Comedy is composed of hell (9 circles), purgatory (7 terraces) and paradise (9 spheres).

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:19 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by DigiMark007
...among others in the various versions of "hell", I would assume.

Hell has always seemed even more asinine to me than the Christian conception of Heaven. If Christianity is right, I'd much rather go to hell than heaven, because any "God" allowing for such punishments isn't someone I want to hang around with. And besides, given eternity to get used to it (because that's what I'd have in hell) I'm fairly certain I could learn to endure and even enjoy any form of punishment they bring before me, whether it's physical, mental, or spiritual.

So I'll be the matyr and volunteer for the lowest levels of hell chaps....that's likely where the real fun's at. wink

Hell is actually a gay orgy.... !

Ohh blissssss....eternal BLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssss

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:17 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Storm
The Divine Comedy is composed of hell (9 circles), purgatory (7 terraces) and paradise (9 spheres).

You know they had Medusa as one of the rulers of one of the circles of Hell....Cerberus also makes an appearance.

It was an interesting read... yes

INDEED

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:18 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ThePittman
I couldn’t find this posted before so if it is sorry. I was thinking about this while on lunch today eating a Big Mac. So if you don’t believe in God or you commit sins and don’t repent you go to Hell. Well while you are there are their different levels of suffering and is it based off of your deeds and if so why would the Devil follow that rule. I would think if the Devil is against God he would reward the ones that broke the most of God’s rules and punish the ones that followed them. If there are no levels then one that followed most of God’s rules would suffer just as much as a mass murder?

First of all, you are making the mistake of believing that Satan has any power over hell.

He doesn't. He's just another demon (the leader, mind you, but he has no special powers).

Secondly, I believe there are different "levels" of hell--not exactly clear-cut divisions, but different aspects--that are based on the knowledge of one's sins. If one knows the will of God but deliberately disobeys (and is not saved), then one will suffer more than one who has gone against the will of God unknowingly.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:21 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by FeceMan
First of all, you are making the mistake of believing that Satan has any power over hell.

Well the whole "Lord of Darkness" and "Lord of Evil" propaganda sort of makes us beleive that if Satan does exist, then he does rule Hell---the place of ultamate evil.

He doesn't. He's just another demon (the leader, mind you, but he has no special powers).

How does the leader have no power ?

So God DID Create Hell....oh he's so sweet !

Secondly, I believe there are different "levels" of hell--not exactly clear-cut divisions, but different aspects--that are based on the knowledge of one's sins. If one knows the will of God but deliberately disobeys (and is not saved), then one will suffer more than one who has gone against the will of God unknowingly.

Hell does not exist..... no get over it. If it does, then God is entirely irrational, and I refuse to worship that kind of God.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:23 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Well the whole "Lord of Darkness" and "Lord of Evil" propaganda sort of makes us beleive that if Satan does exist, then he does rule Hell---the place of ultamate evil.

Yes, the media do make Satan out to be some sort of demigod.
quote:
How does the leader have no power ?

So God DID Create Hell....oh he's so sweet !

What's your point?
quote:
Hell does not exist..... no get over it. If it does, then God is entirely irrational, and I refuse to worship that kind of God.

You would refuse to worship anyway.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:25 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Yes, the media do make Satan out to be some sort of demigod.

So does the Bible..... yes

What's your point?

God is not Love no

Love exists.....I doubt God does.

In the least bit, your God is one that lacks rationale.

You would refuse to worship anyway.

That is EXACTLY the reason why. I refuse to worship someone who created a place of eternal torment for ANYONE. That is cruel and unmerciful and not someone I'd ever admire.

Sorry

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:29 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

If the Devil has no power over Hell then how does he affect the land of the living? If the Devil is the leader of the demons and are the ones that torment the souls sent there then he can make the punishment lighter or stronger which goes back to my original statement. So if I don’t believe in religion or believe in another religion I would suffer more then someone that is dumb and doesn’t read the bible or never even heard of the bible?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:38 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

So does the Bible..... yes

Uh, not really.
quote:
God is not Love no

Love exists.....I doubt God does.

In the least bit, your God is one that lacks rationale.

Okay.
quote:
That is EXACTLY the reason why. I refuse to worship someone who created a place of eternal torment for ANYONE. That is cruel and unmerciful and not someone I'd ever admire.

Sorry

Really? Personally, I'd say it was pretty damn cruel and unmerciful for someone to try and drag you into it with him.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:50 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Uh, not really.

Yes. The Bible makes it clear that Satan is not only powerful and entirely influential, but extremely intelligent.

Okay.

Really? Personally, I'd say it was pretty damn cruel and unmerciful for someone to try and drag you into it with him.

It would be cruelty if the act was intentional, but since most people don't beleive in Hell, Athiesm and Agnosticism isn't technically cruel.

I find it more cruel that a father would send his children to Hell for not beleiving in him, especially in the case where he leaves no proof of his existance. It's not only illogical, but idiotic.

How do you expect anyone to beleive ?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:53 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. The Bible makes it clear that Satan is not only powerful and entirely influential, but extremely intelligent.

He has no special power, though; he does not rule hell.
quote:
It would be cruelty if the act was intentional, but since most people don't beleive in Hell, Athiesm and Agnosticism isn't technically cruel.

I find it more cruel that a father would send his children to Hell for not beleiving in him, especially in the case where he leaves no proof of his existance. It's not only illogical, but idiotic.

How do you expect anyone to beleive ?

Satan's deception is quite intentional, I assue you.

I've already explained why hell exists and why God isn't, in fact, a giant bastard (considering He, you know, sent His son to die to give us a "get out of jail free" card).

I expect people to believe from faith.

And they do.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 10:57 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I've already explained why hell exists and why God isn't, in fact, a giant bastard (considering He, you know, sent His son to die to give us a "get out of jail free" card).

I expect people to believe from faith.

And they do.

Would you mind linking me to your explanation ?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:03 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would you mind linking me to your explanation ?

*Sighs.*

You know, I was about to, and then I realized I am very, very tired. I have posted it numerous times in numerous threads. I am not going to post it again right now.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:06 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

*Sighs.*

You know, I was about to, and then I realized I am very, very tired. I have posted it numerous times in numerous threads. I am not going to post it again right now.

Well you are delaying my Salvation, simply because you are tired. Would not God be angered at your selfishness of putting your comfort before the salvation of another ?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:13 PM