KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is Christmas Religious For You?

Is Christmas Religious For You?
Started by: 123KID

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
123KID
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Christmas Religious For You?

or is it just a national holiday ?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:19 PM
123KID is currently offline Click here to Send 123KID a Private Message Find more posts by 123KID Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Christmas?

So, all you Muslims, is that Hajj you just taking a nice family vacation?

Last edited by tsilamini on Dec 12th, 2007 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:27 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Of course; I'm Mexican.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:45 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Sure, I can celebrate any holiday I want, and I do most I know about.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:48 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Sure, I can celebrate any holiday I want, and I do most I know about.

Rosh Hashanah? Kwanzaa? Eid al Fitr?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:51 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Rosh Hashanah? Kwanzaa? Eid al Fitr?

Those are some of the ones I know very little about. If there is heavy drinking involved in any of them, then let me know. laughing

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:56 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Well you won't find too much drinking in Eid al Fitr.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:21 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

see, this bugs me. Atheists celebrating christmas, ANYONE who doesnt believe in christ celebrating christmas. Its the birthday of christ, and IMO, only his followers should celebrate it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:31 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

For me no, it is a time to spend with family and friends, spend lots of money on gifts and kill a tree. stick out tongue
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
see, this bugs me. Atheists celebrating christmas, ANYONE who doesnt believe in christ celebrating christmas. Its the birthday of christ, and IMO, only his followers should celebrate it.
In the true meaning of Christmas I would agree with you but Christmas is no longer just the celebration of the birth.

Last edited by Da Pittman on Dec 12th, 2007 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:31 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

But in the US its so commercialized that Atheists and people of all religions celebrate it. It's become more of an American holiday than a Christian one.

One of my employees is a Hindu and his entire frontyard is covered with lights and even an anamatronic, singing Frosty the Snowman. He definitely went all out.

Originally posted by Da Pittman
For me no, it is a time to spend with family and friends, spend lots of money on gifts and kill a tree. stick out tongue

See what I mean...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:34 PM
Bardock42

Nah, it's just a celebration of the birth of some fictional character named Christ that if he was born at all wasn't born on "Christmas" and certainly not the way it is told. For us intelligent people it is just a nice Wintercelebration where we can meet the family and be happy.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:36 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Since most of my family is Christian it would be hard to say that I can’t come over and be with my family just because I do not believe, should I be disowned during this time just because I do not believe in Christ? I think this is part of the reason that it has evolved the way it has.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:38 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Yep, most scholars say he was born around January 7th.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:38 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I'm still trying to figure out the whole 12 days of Christmas thing confused

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:39 PM
Quiero Mota

Since most of my family is Christian it would be hard to say that I can’t come over and be with my family just because I do not believe, should I be disowned during this time just because I do not believe in Christ? I think this is part of the reason that it has evolved the way it has.

That, and it's just another excuse for a day-off. But where St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo are alcohol-centric, Thanksgiving and Xmas are family-centric.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:40 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

But in the US its so commercialized that Atheists and people of all religions celebrate it. It's become more of an American holiday than a Christian one.

One of my employees is a Hindu and his entire frontyard is covered with lights and even an anamatronic, singing Frosty the Snowman. He definitely went all out.

See what I mean...

For me no, it is a time to spend with family and friends, spend lots of money on gifts and kill a tree. stick out tongueIn the true meaning of Christmas I would agree with you but Christmas is no longer just the celebration of the birth.
my point exactly, it has lost its true meaning. people use it now as an excuse to get off of work and buy presents for one another. what are they really celebrating?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:41 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I actually agree with this

I'd love it if there were an opt out option for celebrating christmas, but given the whole family thing, it really isn't a choice. I HAVE to celebrate christmas against my will.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:42 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

That, and it's just another excuse for a day-off. But where St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo are alcohol-centric, Thanksgiving and Xmas are family-centric.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:42 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Nah, it's just a celebration of the birth of some fictional character named Christ that if he was born at all wasn't born on "Christmas" and certainly not the way it is told. For us intelligent people it is just a nice Wintercelebration where we can meet the family and be happy.
so people who believe in christ are now classified as non intelligent? It's hypocrisy, celebrating a holiday that they have no belief in.

Lemme ask you this, is there a national holiday for muslims comparable to christmas?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:43 PM
Quiero Mota

what are they really celebrating?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 08:44 PM