KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Victory Outreach-a cult exploiting the inner city

Victory Outreach-a cult exploiting the inner city
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Victory Outreach-a cult exploiting the inner city

Working in the innercity, I've received constant proselytism and heard many stories about this ministry. Based on everything I've seen and heard, I've concluded the Victory Outreach is a dangerous cult that preys on the poor in order to exploit them financially and in the words of their founder Sonny Arguinzoni, to create and army to take back the cities for christ.

Members are lured when they are recovering from serious problems such as drug addiction and abusive relationships and "sexual confusion" put into group homes wherein they are supervised by unlicensed "youth ministers" and put through a program of biblical study, sleep and food deprivation. Once integrated within the church, they are encouraged to spend all of their time within the church and invest large amounts of money into church programs that would otherwise be free, all the while feeling stigmatized whenever they try to leave or disobey any of the churches activities. Dating is forbidden unless approved by the church and marriage is forbidden until a year of dating. No physical romantic contact including kissing or holding hands is permitted until after marriage and marriage to non-members is forbidden. Their international activities also includes "ministering" to prostitutes in countries such as mexico in ways which can be interpreted as kidnapping foreign nationals. Many of their efforts are especially negatively directed towards jews and homosexuals, exploiting deep rooted prejudices within minority communities. Those that have left the church, including someone i work with have experienced threats, alienation, economic harassment, and malicious litigation by the church.
Their own founder comments on his goals as "spreading to the cities and never leaving" using very militaristic language.
If anyone would like to respond to this or post stories about their own experiences, please tell.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 03:50 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gods girl

Re: Victory Outreach-a cult exploiting the inner city

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Working in the innercity, I've received constant proselytism and heard many stories about this ministry. Based on everything I've seen and heard, I've concluded the Victory Outreach is a dangerous cult that preys on the poor in order to exploit them financially and in the words of their founder Sonny Arguinzoni, to create and army to take back the cities for christ.

Members are lured when they are recovering from serious problems such as drug addiction and abusive relationships and "sexual confusion" put into group homes wherein they are supervised by unlicensed "youth ministers" and put through a program of biblical study, sleep and food deprivation. Once integrated within the church, they are encouraged to spend all of their time within the church and invest large amounts of money into church programs that would otherwise be free, all the while feeling stigmatized whenever they try to leave or disobey any of the churches activities. Dating is forbidden unless approved by the church and marriage is forbidden until a year of dating. No physical romantic contact including kissing or holding hands is permitted until after marriage and marriage to non-members is forbidden. Their international activities also includes "ministering" to prostitutes in countries such as mexico in ways which can be interpreted as kidnapping foreign nationals. Many of their efforts are especially negatively directed towards jews and homosexuals, exploiting deep rooted prejudices within minority communities. Those that have left the church, including someone i work with have experienced threats, alienation, economic harassment, and malicious litigation by the church.
Their own founder comments on his goals as "spreading to the cities and never leaving" using very militaristic language.
If anyone would like to respond to this or post stories about their own experiences, please tell.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 06:24 PM
gods girl is currently offline Click here to Send gods girl a Private Message Find more posts by gods girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gods girl

yes all that you said is true..i have attended v.o. for a few years and they are self serving and controlling people ..they have a hidden agenda and thats your money and labor there is so much to be said about this group god will expose them one day ...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 06:26 PM
gods girl is currently offline Click here to Send gods girl a Private Message Find more posts by gods girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Victory Outreach-a cult exploiting the inner city

Members are lured when they are recovering from serious problems such as drug addiction and abusive relationships and "sexual confusion" put into group homes wherein they are supervised by unlicensed "youth ministers" and put through a program of biblical study, sleep and food deprivation.

Religion is often a crutch like abusive drug or alcohol use, they simply know who the easiest targets/easiest to exploit are.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

big difference between religion and cult. There are actual defined differences such as spiritual abuse, legal harrasment, etc.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 10:57 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Meh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 11:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewkeys

Smile Keys love

everything you have said, SOUNDS really good... and like you know all about our ministry... BUT you forgot to mention... that we HELP the people that most churches turn away... we're not like other ministries, does not mean we're a cult, we happen to know, that we are a unique people, who are use to the corrupt world that is constantly calling us back... so if you ever have a problem about My Church... then you try and reach my family.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:32 PM
drewkeys is currently offline Click here to Send drewkeys a Private Message Find more posts by drewkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Re: Keys love

Originally posted by drewkeys
everything you have said, SOUNDS really good... and like you know all about our ministry... BUT you forgot to mention... that we HELP the people that most churches turn away... we're not like other ministries, does not mean we're a cult, we happen to know, that we are a unique people, who are use to the corrupt world that is constantly calling us back... so if you ever have a problem about My Church... then you try and reach my family.
Uh, yeah. Tell your "family" to keep their bullshit, their antisemitism, their exploitation, and their homophobia away from vulnerable kids in our town. You don't help people by brain washing and kidnapping.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:50 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Keys love

Originally posted by drewkeys

What do you mean by "then you try and reach my family"? Is your family gone? How does reaching your family solve any problems that a person may have with your church?

How does the fact you know that you are unique disqualify you from being a cult?

Please tell us more. It is rare to have someone who is actually on the other side of a thread like this one. I guess what I am really saying is that there is no one who knows more about what your organization is other then someone who is there.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Keys love

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What do you mean by "then you try and reach my family"? Is your family gone? How does reaching your family solve any problems that a person may have with your church?

church = family

Making reference to the "church family" is fairly common in Christianity.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 11:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Keys love

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
church = family

Making reference to the "church family" is fairly common in Christianity.

I thought that, but the grammar was so bad, that I wasn't sure.

In that case, we should invite any members of that church on to this forum, and answer the thread. I would enjoy the hell out of that. big grin

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 11:52 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

@darth jello

are their any specific examples of their abuse?

i already know churches take ur money, guilt trip you and do their best to run ur life.... and lets be honest inner city churches and out reach center are not the only ones who hate jews can you seriously tell yourself you have never entertained the thought.

and inner city churches hating on gays seriously? that is new to you?
more then half of america hate them as well

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Feb 6th, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 10:32 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Is this the cult known as Victory Christian Fellowship? The one founded in Manila?

Yeah, I heard they've been doing outreach programs all over the US. This is just as ****ed up as Scientology.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 12:15 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
@darth jello

are their any specific examples of their abuse?

i already know churches take ur money, guilt trip you and do their best to run ur life.... and lets be honest inner city churches and out reach center are not the only ones who hate jews can you seriously tell yourself you have never entertained the thought.

and inner city churches hating on gays seriously? that is new to you?
more then half of america hate them as well

I've seen examples from working in the inner city with co-corpsmembers who got out of the group or were still involved and it was scary. They had to leave every day and work till very late at night doing chores at the mission (they lived in the damn church) and got us in a shitload of trouble for constantly violating federal law by proselytizing people. They showed us slide shows from their missionary trips to South Africa and Mexico where they literally described luring people who were prostitutes or on drugs into a van and locking them in their "missionaries" until they accepted Christ. They were always broke because all of their meager AmeriCorps stipend went to the church. When one of them left the group, she was harassed by others until higher ups stepped in. She even got letters in the mail threatening her by saying the church owned her and would sue her for all her money. At one point, one of them was making a list of everyone she interacted with because VO wanted to know. Like I said, the level of control they keep on these people is what makes them a cult (that and blatant violation of the law, fraud, harassment, worship and canonization of their founder, use of the classic brainwashing techniques, etc.). As I said, the language they use is purely militant, the people they target are victims or gang members or people who are sexually confused or on drugs, and from the things I've heard them say, they are intolerant of others.

As far as I know, it's different than VCF in the Phillipines and I believe it was founded in California. Seriously though, this isn't the only destructive inner city church/cult. Most people don't even know it's a problem and I'm afraid that unchecked and unnoticed this could become a worse problem than gangs be it groups like VO worldwide or local churches building virtual armies etc.

Here's an article form a former member- http://www.apologeticsindex.org/v01.html

Last edited by Darth Jello on Feb 8th, 2010 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 03:47 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

the only time i heard and thought proselytizing was illegal was in the military where it was against regulations to try and convert ppl...

i'm pretty sure it isnt illegal by civilian laws. maybe if hey forced ppl but i doubt anyone is actually physically detained and if they are it isnt the majority.

i mean if it was i could see this going really bad with the ppl they are recruiting. i mean i could just imagine trying to forcibly convert a gang member going wrong.

calling friends or they themselves killing their captures hell anyone with some basic need to survive can and i would hope would fight/kill their way out. i know i would.

i be all action star and dismantle them from within.

anyways why arent they being close down and sent to jail if they are kidnapping ppl?

you would think the police would just need at least one complaint at its worse maybe two or three b4 they seriously investigate and close them down.

hell the government didnt even have and brought evidence to frame and justify the wako massacre and had presidential pardons.. your telling me the cops cant even muster up a legit investigation and arrest?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 03:14 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Proselytism is illegal when done during work hours by government employees, corpsmembers, or contractors. It's a violation of the establishment clause of the first amendment.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 03:35 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Proselytism is illegal when done during work hours by government employees, corpsmembers, or contractors. It's a violation of the establishment clause of the first amendment.

yes, i just said that. i am pretty sure it is not illegal for civilians only to government employees.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Feb 9th, 2010 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 03:40 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

yes, i just said that. i am pretty sure it is not illegal for civilians only to government employees.
And we weren't private civilians when this was going on, we were corpsmembers. Once you put on the kaki and gray, you're a member of the civil service.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 04:06 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

the victory outreach ppl are now government employees forcibly recruiting during working hours now?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 04:10 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

the victory outreach ppl are now government employees forcibly recruiting during working hours now?
Dude, READING COMPREHENSION. Some of the people people in our office and on our crews were either current or former VO and would engage in that shit on the job.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 04:15 PM