KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » A prayer for the world... and the kmc members

A prayer for the world... and the kmc members
Started by: Quincy Jones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

A prayer for the world... and the kmc members

Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for this day you have given us. I thank you for my life and the lives of all the people in the world. I thank you for dying on the cross for our sins, Lord Jesus. We are simply unworthy of your salvation, Father.

Lord, I pray that you give us the strength to resist satan, for I know that he is very much alive and working in this forum. I pray that you give us courage, so that we may look him in the face without fear. And Lord, I pray that you give us the wisdom to make right and fruitful decisions.

Lord Jesus Christ, help us refrain from saying or posting stupid things in this forum. I pray that you give us time to humble ourselves, Lord, and not be fearful of the truth. Lord, I also pray that you forgive us for our sins, Father, and guide us on the right path to Your Glory.

All these things I pray in Jesus Christ's name.

Amen.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:36 AM
Quincy Jones is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy Jones a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Jones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: A prayer for the world... and the kmc members

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy Jones
Lord Jesus Christ, help us refrain from saying or posting stupid things in this forum.

Too late.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Great thread. no expression

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 02:25 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Great thread. no expression

He's praying for you, you should be happy.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 02:33 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav

Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for this day you have given us. I thank you for my life and the lives of all the people in the world. I thank you for dying on the cross for our sins, Lord Jesus. We are simply unworthy of your salvation, Father.

Lord, I pray that you give us the strength to resist satan, for I know that he is very much alive and working in this forum . I pray that you give us courage, so that we may look him in the face without fear. And Lord, I pray that you give us the wisdom to make right and fruitful decisions.

Lord Jesus Christ, help us refrain from saying or posting stupid things in this forum. I pray that you give us time to humble ourselves, Lord, and not be fearful of the truth. Lord, I also pray that you forgive us for our sins, Father, and guide us on the right path to Your Glory.
All these things I pray in Jesus Christ's name.

Amen.

I'm not happy sad

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 02:48 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I pray for clarity and freedom from delusions.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 03:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Can I offer a rebuttal? You know, calling upon demons and such to inspire our posts? Satan working on the forums indeed....

evil face

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 04:27 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav

indeed

condescending remarks about my worth are normally those that make me the happiest

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 10:12 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Constantly talking about how great God is, rather than how great we and nature are.

That's messed up.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:17 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by inimalist
indeed

condescending remarks about my worth are normally those that make me the happiest

I lol'd

Originally posted by lord xyz
Constantly talking about how great God is, rather than how great we and nature are.

That's messed up.

Taken from a christian standpoint talking about how great we are is considered messed up. I mean, they believe that humans are fundamentally flawed- that people are naturally bad.
They are wrong, but what can one do against such a worldview.
I'm not a bad person. Ergo, people are not fundamentally bad. (because I am a people.)

Last edited by Zamp on Nov 21st, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:37 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I lol'd

Taken from a christian standpoint talking about how great we are is considered messed up. I mean, they believe that humans are fundamentally flawed- that people are naturally bad.
I'm not a bad person. Ergo, people are not fundamentally bad. (because I am a people.)
I know, the whole born of sin is along the lines of Islam teacing us to submiss ourselves to Allah.

Religion detaches us from the natural world and takes away our responsibilities by saying God controls everything.

Basically, they come up with God, and say that he does everything nature does. it's an illusion, and pretty dangerous.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 12:02 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

He lives in Fiji!!! That's all I care about.

Amen.
Taken right from the Egyptian gods.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:47 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fail.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:52 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

Unfortunate, but predictable.

I dont expect the aetheists of kmc (or any in particular) to be able to understand the concept of salvation. To not oppose wisdom with mockery, just as the soldiers who crucified Jesus did when they said, "If you really are the Son of God, save yourself" or when they put a crown of thorns on His head and said, "behold, the king of the Jews"

Its happening all over again, but on a much larger scale this time.

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do. They really dont...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 11:45 AM
Quincy Jones is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy Jones a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Jones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

You're kidding yourself if you think you've never done anything wrong.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 11:47 AM
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Fail.

By all means, no. Im still here, ready for more of the same.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 11:48 AM
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

Originally posted by lord xyz

That's messed up.

Well, since He IS the Creator, it is He that deserves the praise and glory, not the creation...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 11:53 AM
Quincy Jones
The Last Boy Scout

But c'mon, as honestly and politely as you can, tell me what you guys believe in, since you all seem to believe that you know about how things came to exist more than i or any Christian would know.

Enlighten me, please...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 11:56 AM
Bardock42

But c'mon, as honestly and politely as you can, tell me what you guys believe in, since you all seem to believe that you know about how things came to exist more than i or any Christian would know.

Enlighten me, please...

I believe that the Universe (and beyond) are so amazingly complex that to even wager a guess as to what it really is bascally ridiculous. I do put faith in the scientific method, due to it being time and time again being shown to work and help advance human society. As such I don't see any prove within this Universe as to a creator that ever interfered. Meaning, I do, pretty strongly, believe that Christianity is nonsense. You have to make quite a few additions and "that's just metaphorical" to make it even fly theoretically. I am not saying there is no creator, I am just saying I don't even understand what the hell "I" am, why I believe I am the same I was 7 years ago when everything has absolutely changed...the world is extremely complex and wild guesses and blind belief are to me the most idiotic approach towards understanding it. You have exactly one belief system....there are an endless amount of different belief systems, and there is NOTHING, not one piece of empirical evidence to suggest that yours is in any ways superior to any other.

So, I am agnostic, I guess...and atheist when it comes to most of the Christian Gods as people belief in them. So, I believe I am superior to you in my view as I don't claim to know the truth, as I realize the inherent doubt a human must have in a universe where all he has are his five senses and the ability to compute information...especially when you witness the senses being jaded and conclusions that have been evaluated to be incorrect.

And please try to get all you want to say into one post. We have an edit function for you to use, quintuple posting is frowned upon. Thanks.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 01:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I dont expect the aetheists of kmc (or any in particular) to be able to understand the concept of salvation.

Kinda condescending, isn't it? I'd say most on this forum, of any belief, can fully comprehend what you're saying. They just disagree with it, and don't appreciate being talked down to like a petulant child.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 03:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote