KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Man: The Flawed Design of God

Man: The Flawed Design of God
Started by: Beliver

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beliver

Man: The Flawed Design of God

If God is all powerful, all knowing, omnipitent, and all the omni's...why is man flawed?

God creates man in his own image, tells man to belive in him, finds out man doesnt belive in him, kills man off with flood which leaves 6 people and then basically leaves us to it for the better part of 2000 years(ish).

If God knew that Man was flawed why did he not make us perfect in the first place? Does he want us to suffer, like a child with an ant under a magnifying glass or does God not exsist and man made it where he is today of his own making?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:45 PM
Beliver is currently offline Click here to Send Beliver a Private Message Find more posts by Beliver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Trying to decipher God's motivation is a wonderful way to generate paradoxes. Best I can offer you is, "God" likes to play hide-and-go-seek, but "He" can only play by Himself (since, of course, there is nothing else). So, in order to make it work, God makes part of Himself virtually oblivious to the rest. Now He can play.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Man: The Flawed Design of God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beliver
Does he want us to suffer, like a child with an ant under a magnifying glass or does God not exsist and man made it where he is today of his own making?

False dichotomy.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:17 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindship
Trying to decipher God's motivation is a wonderful way to generate paradoxes. Best I can offer you is, "God" likes to play hide-and-go-seek, but "He" can only play by Himself (since, of course, there is nothing else). So, in order to make it work, God makes part of Himself virtually oblivious to the rest. Now He can play.

thumb up Sounds more like humans to me. wink

Old Post May 26th, 2009 10:18 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because God is not man.

Even if we were supposedly 'created in his image', there's a huge difference between God and man.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 11:34 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Re: Man: The Flawed Design of God

Originally posted by Beliver
If God is all powerful, all knowing, omnipitent, and all the omni's...why is man flawed?

If God knew that Man was flawed why did he not make us perfect in the first place? Does he want us to suffer.

An is flawed because of free will. Or freedom of choice.

And according to the story God did make us perfect in the first place. He also gave us our own self-control over our minds and bodies rather than control us like mindless puppets.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:01 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

As the bible tells it, we were once perfect - immortal, no feelings of shame, but no knowledge of anything.

But I guess they did have curiosity, because Adam and Eve made it so that we have free will once they broke The Rule.

[am agnostic, but was avid bible learner/studier of theology and so thinks knows a lot about what bible says and what it's supposed to stand for.]

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:31 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^what it says, sure, what it STANDS for , thats any1 guess. the bible is al about projection or transmition of cultural dogma, actually ALL relegions are like that.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 02:58 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by leonheartmm
^what it says, sure, what it STANDS for , thats any1 guess. the bible is al about projection or transmition of cultural dogma, actually ALL relegions are like that.

All beliefs that people consider important are like that.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 02:59 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^i dunno about that, what about the beleif in looking at evidence before reaching a justified conclusion.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:00 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

^i dunno about that, what about the beleif in looking at evidence before reaching a justified conclusion.

You're making a silly comparison.

The belief in said facts is upheld by something firm. Faith is not; it comes straight from the heart. Huge difference.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure if that's what you were comparing in retrospect, I think the poster that you replied to was.

Last edited by Eon Blue on May 27th, 2009 at 03:39 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:36 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

^how so? he said all BELEIFS that people consider important are like that. he didnt specifically say FAITH.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:38 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

True enough, I edited my previous post.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:41 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Okay, not all. Though the difference between all and all except for one is meaninglessly trivial.

However virtually all ways of deciding what is good evidence and what those conculsion would be fall into the same area of eventually forcing ones own beliefs on others due to sheer, blind conviction.

A juvenal prank.

Last edited by Symmetric Chaos on May 27th, 2009 at 04:53 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:50 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Christians believe God knows we were going to sin when he created us.

What a ****ing sadist.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 27th, 2009 12:25 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

God is omnipotent so he could theoretically make mankind perfect and still allow for free will. Thus there are only two conclusions, either God isn't omnipotent and therefore not worthy of worship or God is an evil tyrant and not worthy of worship.

C wat I did ther.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:24 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Nephthys
God is omnipotent so he could theoretically make mankind perfect and still allow for free will. Thus there are only two conclusions, either God isn't omnipotent and therefore not worthy of worship or God is an evil tyrant and not worthy of worship.

C wat I did ther.

Created a false dichotomy, pretended that a subjective opinion was objective and then acted as though you were some how not an idiot?

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 01:36 PM
Beliver

So God created us perfect but forgot about free will which lead to Mans fall from grace and lead to us being exiled from paradise. It didn't help that he put a tree in paradise with forbidden fruit and a talking snake. Surely if he is all knowing he would of gotten rid of the pesky snake and planted a nice herb bush instead.

Um if the big cheese is as all powerful as described then isn't the tale of Mans fall evidence of Gods failure. And if he can fail then he is not infailable.

This all hinges on whether he actually exsists. We only have a 2000 year old book and alot of dogma to go on. Oh and the fact that the human species couldn't of come from just 2 people who shared a genetic code (brother + sister).

Old Post May 27th, 2009 02:38 PM
Beliver is currently offline Click here to Send Beliver a Private Message Find more posts by Beliver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I want to know if god uses terms like "any1"

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:06 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I thought God did create us perfect with free will, hence they ate the apple.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:20 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote