KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion
Started by: L!l'!c3y

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
skitz_O_frantik
Juggalo 4 Life!!

Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

as of right FREAKING NOW!!! laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:10 PM
skitz_O_frantik is currently offline Click here to Send skitz_O_frantik a Private Message Find more posts by skitz_O_frantik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by L!l'!c3y
It is still considered lame though, right?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo

I think this is in the wrong place.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:20 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo

I think this is in the wrong place.

Well, I think Buddhism is laughable, this seems to be in the same league.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:23 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Originally posted by Bardock42
It is still considered lame though, right?

Quote of the thread! Only think ICP do right is badgering Eminem.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:31 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

(please log in to view the image)

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:39 PM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by wicker_man
Only think ICP do right is badgering Eminem.

riding the coattails of someone far more talented and popular than they are?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:00 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

Ok, please tell me why. The reason I ask is that it sounds like you are suggesting that something has happened to make a music group (other then the Beatles) into a religion.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:03 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Originally posted by inimalist
riding the coattails of someone far more talented and popular than they are?

Actually you'll find ICP were round a good few years before Eminem. As far as I'm aware (and I'm not really an Urban music fan) the feud came round when Eminem (in his early, early days) was handing out flyers advertising a show featuring both ICP and himself (amongst others) without the acknowledgement of ICP themselves. Petty, I know but that's how it began, nout to do with popularity and attention.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:12 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

Ok, please tell me why. The reason I ask is that it sounds like you are suggesting that something has happened to make a music group (other then the Beatles) into a religion.

The Beatles don't deserve martyrdom status either, despite all the fanboy rants of blinkered critics and fans alike.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:13 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

The Beatles don't deserve martyrdom status either, despite all the fanboy rants of blinkered critics and fans alike.

But that does not answer the question.

BTW the Beatles commit was just a joke.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:18 PM
tsilamini

Actually you'll find ICP were round a good few years before Eminem. As far as I'm aware (and I'm not really an Urban music fan) the feud came round when Eminem (in his early, early days) was handing out flyers advertising a show featuring both ICP and himself (amongst others) without the acknowledgement of ICP themselves. Petty, I know but that's how it began, nout to do with popularity and attention.

huh, never heard of that

I knew ICP were around for longer, just, you know, not nearly as talented as eminem. I falsely assumed they started the beef, /shrug

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:23 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

But that does not answer the question.

BTW the Beatles commit was just a joke.

You're talking to someone whose been to so many gigs where at least 3/4 of the crowd may as well be cult followers given their boarder line creepy devotion to 'em.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:24 PM
wicker_man
V.2

huh, never heard of that

I knew ICP were around for longer, just, you know, not nearly as talented as eminem. I falsely assumed they started the beef, /shrug

Well that's a matter of opinion. Personally I think of Eminem as no more than a whiny-brat whose angst ridden attitude is nothing that's not been seen many times before. And well the whole white rapper was done with (actual) style and quality a good four years before coursety of Vanilla Ice.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:30 PM
tsilamini

Well that's a matter of opinion. Personally I think of Eminem as no more than a whiny-brat whose angst ridden attitude is nothing that's not been seen many times before. And well the whole white rapper was done with (actual) style and quality a good four years before coursety of Vanilla Ice.

lol, fair enough, and I'd say most stuff post Marshal Mathers LP, ya, he just whines about being a pop-icon. The stuff he did on that album, but especially before that, honestly, some of the best rap produced in that era, imho of course.

I'm really not a fan of Eminem because he is white, nor do I have any affinity for such "token" sorts of artists. Vanilla Ice? lol, dude, the Beastie Boys

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:34 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

You're talking to someone whose been to so many gigs where at least 3/4 of the crowd may as well be cult followers given their boarder line creepy devotion to 'em.

But that isn't a religion. As soon as the next thing comes alone...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:34 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Juggling is not a religion, sorry.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:35 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

But that isn't a religion. As soon as the next thing comes alone...

As much as I dislike ICP I'd hardly call Juggalos a passing fad. After all ICP haven't really bothered charts or filled stadiums and Juggalos in their defence are pretty obsessive and loyal when it comes to ICP, and most have been around since ICPs inception back in the late 80s.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:38 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Being a Juggalo is now considered a religion

As much as I dislike ICP I'd hardly call Juggalos a passing fad. After all ICP haven't really bothered charts or filled stadiums and Juggalos in their defence are pretty obsessive and loyal when it comes to ICP, and most have been around since ICPs inception back in the late 80s.

Then those people will have kids, and their kids will not like what their parents like, so they will end up playing in fairs and Las Vegas. Still not a religion.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:42 PM
wicker_man
V.2

lol, fair enough, and I'd say most stuff post Marshal Mathers LP, ya, he just whines about being a pop-icon. The stuff he did on that album, but especially before that, honestly, some of the best rap produced in that era, imho of course.

I'm really not a fan of Eminem because he is white, nor do I have any affinity for such "token" sorts of artists. Vanilla Ice? lol, dude, the Beastie Boys

Well Rappers and Hip-Hop artists have never really held high regard in my eyes - mostly due to its lyrical content and vocal stylings.
The Vanilla Ice statement was just my (feeble) attempt at humour, so apologies.
True Eminem probably was the the first white rapper to take his vocation seriously, but some of his stuff I can't help but feel he may be acting up on.
And well the Beastie Boys are a law onto themself, and anyone who can get Kerry King of Slayer in their video and Rick Rubin to produce their albums is ok in my books.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:43 PM