KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Does being a Satanist make you a bad person?

I am not a satanist, but I was wondering what people thought of the subject, and those who subscribe to this theology?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 09:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Which kind of Satanism?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 09:23 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Which kind of Satanism?

Judeo Christian perspectives, are all I've got. So the terms used in the Bible/Torah precepts, would be the perspective of this thread... Unless

Do you have any other perspectives on the subject?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 09:53 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Stoic
Judeo Christian perspectives, are all I've got. So the terms used in the Bible/Torah precepts, would be the perspective of this thread... Unless

There are a bunch of groups that call themselves Satanists. Several of them hate each other.

Do you have any other perspectives on the subject?

The original Satanic "cult" of the modern world was LaVey's "Church Of Satan" which was really just about having sex and general lack of restraint. Most of the later groups followed similar "left-hand-path" models.

So I would say being a Satanist doesn't make a person evil, but it's a good sign that he's a dick.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 10:12 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

There are a bunch of groups that call themselves Satanists. Several of them hate each other.

The original Satanic "cult" of the modern world was LaVey's "Church Of Satan" which was really just about having sex and general lack of restraint. Most of the later groups followed similar "left-hand-path" models.

So I would say being a Satanist doesn't make a person evil, but it's a good sign that he's a dick.

You're so right, I mean about LaVey's "Church Of Satan". I have heard about his doctrine, but never delved into his teachings.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 10:33 PM
Bardock42

To me being a LaVeyian satanists doesn't make you evil. It can make you quite sensible actually. Though they are weird, because they hide their philosophy in some very odd rituals.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 11:04 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its basically dont turn the other cheek. enjoy life and what it has to offer.. dont be the weak lamb but the strong wolf. look out for yourself.

it really is lack of inhibition or lack of belief in religious sin

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 11:05 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Bardock42
To me being a LaVeyian satanists doesn't make you evil. It can make you quite sensible actually. Though they are weird, because they hide their philosophy in some very odd rituals.

Originally posted by King Castle
Its basically dont turn the other cheek. enjoy life and what it has to offer.. dont be the weak lamb but the strong wolf. look out for yourself.

it really is lack of inhibition or lack of belief in religious sin

Both of you just enlightened me, very interesting.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 11:59 PM
§P0oONY

Said it perfectly.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 12:21 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Sacrificing babies in the name of the dark lord makes you a bad person...,yes Satanists are bad people.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 01:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Sacrificing babies in the name of the dark lord makes you a bad person...,yes Satanists are bad people.

Does this truly happen? Sacrifies, are pretty grim, I'd be inclined to call it evil too.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 01:35 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

sign..........

do you think witch burning and drowning is the main christian act?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 01:39 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by King Castle
sign..........

do you think witch burning and drowning is the main christian act?

That wasn't Christianity, that was evil men hiding under his banner, while in command of the indoctrinated of Christ, making it dirty for all the world to see, and gawk. Saying look, they are under the banner of Christ, I guess that this is what being a Christian means. The KKK also marched with his banner on them.

Just because I wear it doesn't mean that I am it.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 01:48 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Does this truly happen? Sacrifies, are pretty grim, I'd be inclined to call it evil too.

There's no known instance of satanic cults engaging in human sacrifice.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 02:00 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

so why are you taking jinx by janx statement as factual or the norm.

you were told that their are different satanist religions that dont share anything in common with one another.

the original one was more about a way of living.. others are a religion and some are cults but none are interchangeable nor speak for the main one.

LaVeyian satanists

the way you view my statement is the way you should view jinxed by janx, generalization is bad especially with no evidence as such and being the norm.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 02:03 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Satanists are mainly LARP fans and quite satirical about religion as a whole.

Kinda like the ultimate protesters of religion.

So I like them alot.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 03:57 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

If you pratise it, it does and you are most likly going to be heading to hell or inbetween heaven in less you give it up on your death bed.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 01:54 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

No, it doesn't. It is pretty stupid though, because the sensible parts of the belief pretty much make the religious elements completely superfluous. I would say I believe in a lot of elements of LaVey Satanism, but i'd never become one because it works better as philosophy than religion.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 08:04 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No it doesn't make you a bad person, but it does make you a douche.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 08:12 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No it doesn't make you a bad person, but it does make you a douche.

How? I would say Christian, Jews and Muslims are equally douchy. I think you are a little biased.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 09:28 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote