KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Which religion is the most evil and has killed the most people?

Which religion is the most evil and has killed the most people?
Started by: Square Jaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Square Jaw
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which religion is the most evil and has killed the most people?

These can be two separate answers.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 07:25 PM
Square Jaw is currently offline Click here to Send Square Jaw a Private Message Find more posts by Square Jaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Non Jihadist
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Christians and Jews for both

Peace be with you

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 08:26 PM
Non Jihadist is currently offline Click here to Send Non Jihadist a Private Message Find more posts by Non Jihadist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

the state

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:09 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Non Jihadist
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
the state

If it's judeo-christian

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:14 PM
Non Jihadist is currently offline Click here to Send Non Jihadist a Private Message Find more posts by Non Jihadist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

A question like that serves no other purpose than to incite flame wars and bash religion. Unless you're writing a paper on it or something, which is doubtful. Sad people really have nothing better to do with their time. no

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:22 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Non Jihadist
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is a question, I have written all my papers.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:24 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Non Jihadist
If it's judeo-christian

every state religion has been used to justify evil

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:25 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

the state

That's the religion that made me become atheist in the first place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:26 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Bardock42
That's the religion that made me become atheist in the first place.

lol, me too!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:27 PM
TacDavey

Originally posted by Non Jihadist
It is a question, I have written all my papers.

I know it's a question... You're response confuses me. confused

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:28 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pinkie Pie
Cupcake Devourer

Originally posted by Square Jaw
These can be two separate answers.

None. Religion is a concept. True evil are the men serving it and killing in its name smile The religion that's gotten the most glances revolving evil killings in history is probably Christianity. Few seem to remember that one of the commandments ask of you not to kill stick out tongue

Few realize that killing is not done by religion. It's done by men failing to follow it, many of the times.

MSN: [email protected]

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:55 PM
Pinkie Pie is currently offline Click here to Send Pinkie Pie a Private Message Find more posts by Pinkie Pie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
None. Religion is a concept. True evil are the men serving it and killing in its name smile The religion that's gotten the most glances revolving evil killings in history is probably Christianity. Few seem to remember that one of the commandments ask of you not to kill stick out tongue

Few realize that killing is not done by religion. It's done by men failing to follow it, many of the times.

Thank you! I've been trying to explain exactly that for, like, 3 pages on another thread.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 09:59 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Pinkie Pie

It's also at times done by men (and women) succeeding in following it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:02 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

It's also at times done by men (and women) succeeding in following it.

If the religion tells you to, yes. But many people forget that very important part of the equation when blaming a religion for a persons actions.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:04 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by TacDavey
If the religion tells you to, yes. But many people forget that very important part of the equation when blaming a religion for a persons actions.

Perhaps, blame is not a zero-sum game though, enough of that to go around.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:07 PM
King Kandy

Most violent religion... probably Judaism. Christianity and Islam killed "more" but back in the days of old Israel there was a lower population in general.

To be honest, all three major abrahamic religions suck in this category.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:15 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

Perhaps, blame is not a zero-sum game though, enough of that to go around.

I would say that in many if not most cases the blame rests almost completely on the person.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 10:51 PM
Bardock42

I would say that in many if not most cases the blame rests almost completely on the person.

Hmm, I think I'd disagree, especially with Religiously inspired violence there's usually instigators...or even more people in positions of power who order that violence.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 11:16 PM
tsilamini

what motivates a person then?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 11:19 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

what motivates a person then?

Free will!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 12:25 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote