KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Another race?

Another race?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Another race?

Could there have been another race of humanoids that existed on this planet? While watching the Discovery channel several years ago, I recall a show that made reference to current times and that not all people on Earth come from a common ancestor. What they meant, was that not all people were 100% people.

I recall reading the bible, and it saying that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, and found them pleasing to the sight, and thus took them as wives. The sons in this reference were the Angels. i also read in the bible that it stated that after Cain was exiled from Eden, that he dwelled in the land of Nod which was east of Eden, and in that land, dwelled giants. I do not believe that it was referring to dinosaurs, but an actual gargantuan humanoid people, or a race of human/angel hybrids.

These hybrids were called the Nephelim

Who were the Nephelim?
The Nephilim (Hebrew: נפלים, Nefilīm) were a race that came to dominate the antediluvian (pre-flood) world, and are referred to in the Bible as the heroes of old, men of renown. They were reportedly the children born to the "Sons of God" by the "daughters of men", and are described as giants. It is also most important to note that they are mentioned almost simultaneous to God's statement that He would destroy the earth by flood, and it seems from this association that their effect upon mankind was one of the primary justifications that brought the destruction.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gWQaU40PH...ght+chart+2.jpg

Ref. Genesis 6:1-7 (NIV)
When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them."

Could any of this be true? is it possible that there are people that still exist on this planet that have the blood of angels in their blood, or that could be genetically traced back to something not quite human? Could Goliath of Goth, his father, and even larger brothers have been Nephelim? Could there be genetic aberrations in terms of hybridization, walking among us?

Comments?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 08:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
WWCSD?

Re: Another race?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Could there have been another race of humanoids that existed on this planet? While watching the Discovery channel several years ago, I recall a show that made reference to current times and that not all people on Earth come from a common ancestor. What they meant, was that not all people were 100% people
You mean like this?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 08:50 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You mean like this?

It could be, but then again what Neanderthal fossils are there that are 12-25 feet in stature? It was also stated on Discovery, that the percentage may have been lower than 1 to 4 percent of a persons genetic makeup, but more to the tune of less than 12 percent of the Earths population. I just wish that I knew what the name of the program that I watched was called, because it was really interesting.

If i remember correctly, it stated that most people do not have that particular gene in them. Also the historical records would be way off, because the time of the last biblical records of the Nephilim were not much earlier than Jesus' time, or was that Solomon. Hmm.... I have some reading to do.

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 9th, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
[+|__|::]

Re: Re: Another race?

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You mean like this?

laughing laughing

Yes, that.

However, I would say that neanderthal was not the only dilutor of current human blood.

Ancient aliens, man. evil face

It could be, but then again what Neanderthal fossils are there that are 12-25 feet in stature? It was also stated on Discovery, that the percentage may have been lower than 1 to 4 percent of a persons genetic makeup, but more to the tune of less than 12 percent of the Earths population. I just wish that I knew what the name of the program that I watched was called, because it was really interesting.

If i remember correctly, it stated that most people do not have that particular gene in them. Also the historical records would be way off, because the time of the last biblical records of the Nephilim were not much earlier than Jesus' time, or was that Solomon. Hmm.... I have some reading to do.

I do think that not all things can be explained. I obviously believe in the God of the Hebrews, but that does not mean that I hold everything the Hebrews produced to be factually correct. It is possible that there is some truth to those verses. However, overtime, it could have become something slightly different. Maybe not angels. Maybe angels. We cannot know for sure. It could be australopithecus or a cousin of that species that is referenced as the "giants". We simply do not know.

Read James 1:5. If it is something you need to know, it will be reveled. Maybe you are suppose to go into the scientific field and discover this explanation?

The great library of Byzantine that was destroyed in the ...what was it...Fifth Cursade? Maybe it was the 6th. But, anyway, I think tons and tons of information and ancient records were lost during that takeover by the crusaders. A shit ton of information has been lost due to Christian idiocy during the Crusades. That makes me a bit angry, to be honest. Same with the library at Alexandria, iirc. WHAT DID WE LOSE? We could have possibly gotten more information about Atlantis, ancient creatures, more mythology and lore, etc.

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 9th, 2012 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 01:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

So far there is no reason to think they ever existed. Find some good evidence and we can talk.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 02:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

http://www.skuggen.com/2010/05/we-h...re-the-rephaim/

The picture in this link was originally created by a persons or persons perspective of some form of royal court, or King with his subjects. What do you see in it? Looking at the clothing that they wore, it is clear that these people were not cave men, but to the contrary, appear to be closer to modern man. Not to mention, that the tools used to create such a piece of art would have likely come from a period after man began shaping steel and iron.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:28 PM
tsilamini

not to be crass, but through what mechanism do you see a human woman baring the child of even one of the smaller, 12' tall, Nephilim/Nephelim/Nefilīm? The birth canal in women, even for what would be comparatively small human infants, is tiny given the size of our heads, and we already take considerably longer to mature outside of the womb than do other animals. Or even forget pregnancy. Sex itself would be nearly impossible. There are extremes of human anatomy that prevent intercourse. Even the most averagely endowed male of the Nephelim is still 2-6 times the size of the human. I dare say, no womb will be in any condition to bare a ginormous child after that night of "pleasure".

Even if you try to assume the interbreeding between the "races" (I don't think race is technically the correct term, idk) comes from male humans to female Nephelim, you are still looking at what amounts to artificial insemination practices when the body of the female is twice that of the male. Similar to above, you could ask if the womb of a 15' tall woman is going to be the most appropriate place for a human sized child.

Pseudo history and all that aside, this just fails on a pure question of mechanics...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:39 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
The Old Lion

Originally posted by inimalist
not to be crass, but through what mechanism do you see a human woman baring the child of even one of the smaller, 12' tall, Nephilim/Nephelim/Nefilīm? The birth canal in women, even for what would be comparatively small human infants, is tiny given the size of our heads, and we already take considerably longer to mature outside of the womb than do other animals. Or even forget pregnancy. Sex itself would be nearly impossible. There are extremes of human anatomy that prevent intercourse. Even the most averagely endowed male of the Nephelim is still 2-6 times the size of the human. I dare say, no womb will be in any condition to bare a ginormous child after that night of "pleasure".

Even if you try to assume the interbreeding between the "races" (I don't think race is technically the correct term, idk) comes from male humans to female Nephelim, you are still looking at what amounts to artificial insemination practices when the body of the female is twice that of the male. Similar to above, you could ask if the womb of a 15' tall woman is going to be the most appropriate place for a human sized child.

Pseudo history and all that aside, this just fails on a pure question of mechanics...

Not that I believe 12' aliens came down and butt****ed our great x50 grandmothers but people have mated a male Chihuahua with a German Shepard, ie a 4-5lb pound dog with an 70-80lb dog.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Who is to say that there were never female Nephilim? The Sons of God stop with the Angels, but what is to say that the Nephelim were not female? The idea that our world is populated with more woman than men, could have applied there as well.

Originally posted by Robtard
Not that I believe 12' aliens came down and butt****ed our great x50 grandmothers but people have mated a male Chihuahua with a German Shepard, ie a 4-5lb pound dog with an 70-80lb dog.

I never considered that.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:52 PM
tsilamini

sure, I can't imagine they did it through sexual intercourse though.

Which is sort of what I mean. Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

12' is the low end though, his picture suggests there were 36' angels that interbred with humans. That's a hentai fetish as far as I'm concerned

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:52 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Which is sort of what I mean. Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

12' is the low end though, his picture suggests there were 36' angels that interbred with humans. That's a hentai fetish as far as I'm concerned

It'd still be fetishy at the 12' mark.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:53 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Who is to say that there were never female Nephilim? The Sons of God stop with the Angels, but what is to say that the Nephelim were not female? The idea that our world is populated with more woman than men, could have applied there as well.

? confused

Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:54 PM
Omega Vision

Did you take a course on the anatomy of Nephelim penises?

I think FSU has that course, but it was only a 2000 level so it's like what's the point?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
The Old Lion

Artificial inseminating, iirc, though the visual of a Chihuahua going at at German Shepard is fun.

If we're talking "angels", all science is thrown out, could just say "god magic" made the unions and births possible.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Did you take a course on the anatomy of Nephelim penises? If so you have an amazing University.

theophaliology 101

I suppose there are some underlying assumptions I'm making here.

God could have given them baby-dicks for the specific purpose of interbreeding with humans so that they go extinct but pass some genetic information into humans which God could have just done in the first place making the whole idea redundant entirely.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:57 PM
tsilamini

If we're talking "angels", all science is thrown out, could just say "god magic" made the unions and births possible.

sure, but the thread isn't presenting this as some "God magic" thing, its trying to talk about the science of the genetics.

you're right, sure, God could have made it work, but that just raises so many other questions, like, WTF God?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:59 PM
Robtard
The Old Lion

sure, but the thread isn't presenting this as some "God magic" thing, its trying to talk about the science of the genetics.

you're right, sure, God could have made it work, but that just raises so many other questions, like, WTF God?

Ah, I only skimmed. Science and angels. LoL.

God's the original troll.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:02 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Let me correct you here. The bible referred to Angels as being as large as mountains, or as small as a pin head. If true, this means that an Angel could appear the same size of an average man in stature, while his/its children may not have the same ability to change their stature at will.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:05 PM
Omega Vision

Pretty sure God forbade the angels from interbreeding...but then it's not like God's ever been that big on enforcing that which he forbids. In fact my understanding of a lot of Judeo-Christian mythology is that Yaweh plans to have his rules broken.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:21 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty sure God forbade the angels from interbreeding...but then it's not like God's ever been that big on enforcing that which he forbids. In fact my understanding of a lot of Judeo-Christian mythology is that Yaweh plans to have his rules broken.

The ones that took human wives were also said to have been fallen Angels, or in other words Demons. This can not be pinned on God, but his creations will to do as they pleased. It was also stated that these fallen Angels did not just stick to sleeping with women, but took whatever they wanted to have sex with, including animals. I don't see why this would be unsettling to anyone, as people have also done the unseemly sexually. I have a friend for example who said that men in his country (Greece) have sex with sheep.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:29 PM