KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

Hello my name is Fated Xtasy and I am an agnostic. I don't disbelieve nor believe in a god. the way I see it is that we all search for something to find comfort in, whether its for the death of a loved one or perhaps something else. we all find faith and belief in something. I for one don't care for religion or its counterpart. many people say that Atheism is a better way to live and many other people say that becoming a Christian, muslim, jew etcetera, is also a great choice. I for one see no difference between religious people and non-religious folk(Atheists) both EXUDE an intolerable arrogance, with some Christian and the like blindly following things that to me(and you) sound quite illogical, while Atheist seem very stuck up and arrogant - "haha you believe in god!? what a dumbass". they believe themselves to be on a much higher place of status than religious people, just because they aren't "blinded" by religion. not to mention some(not all) are hell bent on destroying religion. to me that's something you do when you're afraid. when you fear other people's opinions.

Both factions are arrogant to a fault, with both claiming superiority over the other.

Honestly I've always said "Who gives a ****?" why? because for atheist they constantly berate and talk down to religious people and religion constantly contradicts itself. honestly I don't care for any religion. nor do I whether or not you're a Christian, muslim, jew etcetera. what matters to me is that you treat people - whether you're religious or not, with kindness. I know this wont ever reach anyone. but seriously atheist stop trying to make people think or see YOUR truth, because it's their belief not yours, I remember an episode of the TV show scrubs at one point explored this. the doctor asked his nurse 'why do you even bother?" and the nursed replied. "In my work I see a lot of people die, kids, old people, so stop trying to take the one thing that keeps me going"(im paraphrasing) that made so much sense for me. why try to take or destroy someone's faith in something? especially when it's something that helps them cope with death, failure and other horrible things that happened to them? Why question a man who doesn't believe in god, whose focus keeps him working hard to feed his family? in my opinion we shouldn't questions someone's religion nor should anyone question yours or mine. simply because its OUR choice not anyone else's. as George Carlin once said. "Why the **** would you be proud of being an American, Italian, irish or anything?(or in this case a atheist/religious, if your happy with it that's fine - do that! put that on your car, "Happy to be an American" Be happy don't be proud - to much pride as it is. "Pride Cometh before a fall" don't forget the proverbs. if your happy with your religion good for you! if your happy not being religious, good for you! but don't become arrogant or try to convert people into your things. respect one another, we're all humans. smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 01:40 AM
Fated Xtasy is currently offline Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hello my name is Fated Xtasy and I am an agnostic. I don't disbelieve nor believe in a god. the way I see it is that we all search for something to find comfort in, whether its for the death of a loved one or perhaps something else. we all find faith and belief in something. I for one don't care for religion or its counterpart. many people say that Atheism is a better way to live and many other people say that becoming a Christian, muslim, jew etcetera, is also a great choice. I for one see no difference between religious people and non-religious folk(Atheists) both EXUDE an intolerable arrogance, with some Christian and the like blindly following things that to me(and you) sound quite illogical, while Atheist seem very stuck up and arrogant - "haha you believe in god!? what a dumbass". they believe themselves to be on a much higher place of status than religious people, just because they aren't "blinded" by religion. not to mention some(not all) are hell bent on destroying religion. to me that's something you do when you're afraid. when you fear other people's opinions.

Both factions are arrogant to a fault, with both claiming superiority over the other.

Honestly I've always said "Who gives a ****?" why? because for atheist they constantly berate and talk down to religious people and religion constantly contradicts itself. honestly I don't care for any religion. nor do I whether or not you're a Christian, muslim, jew etcetera. what matters to me is that you treat people - whether you're religious or not, with kindness. I know this wont ever reach anyone. but seriously atheist stop trying to make people think or see YOUR truth, because it's their belief not yours, I remember an episode of the TV show scrubs at one point explored this. the doctor asked his nurse 'why do you even bother?" and the nursed replied. "In my work I see a lot of people die, kids, old people, so stop trying to take the one thing that keeps me going"(im paraphrasing) that made so much sense for me. why try to take or destroy someone's faith in something? especially when it's something that helps them cope with death, failure and other horrible things that happened to them? Why question a man who doesn't believe in god, whose focus keeps him working hard to feed his family? in my opinion we shouldn't questions someone's religion nor should anyone question yours or mine. simply because its OUR choice not anyone else's. as George Carlin once said. "Why the **** would you be proud of being an American, Italian, irish or anything?(or in this case a atheist/religious, if your happy with it that's fine - do that! put that on your car, "Happy to be an American" Be happy don't be proud - to much pride as it is. "Pride Cometh before a fall" don't forget the proverbs. if your happy with your religion good for you! if your happy not being religious, good for you! but don't become arrogant or try to convert people into your things. respect one another, we're all humans. smile

This and nice and all, but debating is not a bad thing. I agree with a lot of what you have said. However, if you just let people do what they want, some people will get rid of science from our schools. Other people will remove our freedom because it doesn't conform to their beliefs.

I figure if a religion (including atheism) cannot withstand open debate, then it doesn't deserve to exist. Just because you believe something doesn't mean you have the right to make public policy without open debate.

Sure, buttheads should stay home on both sides, and shut up, but they have a say just like the rest of use. Perhaps we shouldn't wear our beliefs on our sleeves. We should all have thinker skin.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 03:32 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here’s food for thought.

Does the past objectively exist? How much, objectively, is our current scientific understanding worth when investigating spatial, temporal, and dimensional perplexities?

In laymen’s terms, evolution could be an illusion. When considering evolution vs creationism, if you pick one or another you’re either resoundingly wrong, or you’re right for the wrong reasons.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:38 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Oneness
Here’s food for thought.

Does the past objectively exist? How much, objectively, is our current scientific understanding worth when investigating spatial, temporal, and dimensional perplexities?

In laymen’s terms, evolution could be an illusion. When considering evolution vs creationism, if you pick one or another you’re either resoundingly wrong, or you’re right for the wrong reasons.

Why would God create a would that looks like it is vary old? That doesn't sound like honesty.

As far as the past not existing: That is an extraordinary claim, and it requires extraordinary proof. I await your extraordinary proof.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:44 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why would God create a would that looks like it is vary old? That doesn't sound like honesty.

As far as the past not existing: That is an extraordinary claim, and it requires extraordinary proof. I await your extraordinary proof.
The correct response to these inquiries would take a lot of mental energy for me to put together into coherent form. But that coherent body of knowledge exists somewhere in there.

And it concludes simply, "God doesn't want me to obey Him, He wants me to be able to realize myself what I'd have to do to experience euphoric permanence."

So I need to meditate more and more frequently.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 02:17 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Re: Re: Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

I figure if a religion (including atheism)

Are you saying atheism is a religion?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:00 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

Originally posted by The Renegade
Are you saying atheism is a religion?

no expression Let me make this clear: If atheism cannot withstand open debate, it doesn't deserve to be considered seriously.

Don't ask me if atheism is a seriously.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:48 AM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Is a seriously... what?

Also, you've yet to answer my question, to make that clear.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:50 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Is a seriously... what?

Also, you've yet to answer my question, to make that clear.

Are you seriously?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:51 AM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Am I seriously what?

You're seriously irritating me.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 04:53 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW, you're exclaiming that my claim was that God changed the age of the earth. That's not what I said, I said age may not be as we perceive, time may not actually be linear. I'm not saying it isn't linear either as you seemed to indicate.

But I do lean towards the latter ideas in that God is shaping its own experience being experienced through us, constantly changing everything, in a way that will not conflict with my own or anyone's continuity of consciousness. So there is no past, there is the eternal now, there is truly no individuality or sustenance around, it's just a thought pattern of God's, my experience is an illusion God needs to not go crazy.

(please log in to view the image)

God already knows how we all succeed in eternal nirvana pretty soon here but we don't know what how that one event will unfold.

I say it will happen to me now despite all those it can't happen for anymore [due to death] because I am here now, and there is only the eternal now.

In fact, God represents my or your or anyone else's thoughts, the spirit doesn't think in how it just changes everything continuously to shape our needs until we know how to work with the spirit in letting it give us what we want but do not know how to get. It isn't serving God it's serving us and in doing so it's serving God.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Jun 19th, 2014 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 05:00 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Am I seriously what?

You're seriously irritating me.

No, I was not saying that atheism is a religion. That was not the topic. At first I thought you were just joking around, but I guess I was wrong. If you wish to talk about rather atheism is a religion or not, please start a new thread.

Back on topic!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 05:04 AM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

I don't wish to have an extended discussion about that either, hence my question basically being a "yes" or "no" one. It's unfortunate that you had difficulty answering.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:16 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don't wish to have an extended discussion about that either, hence my question basically being a "yes" or "no" one. It's unfortunate that you had difficulty answering.

But it was, and still is, a stupid question. I couldn't imagine someone asking such a stupid question without it being a joke.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:19 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: Atheism, Religion and Arrogance.

But it was, and still is, a stupid question. I couldn't imagine someone asking such a stupid question without it being a joke.
You said:

I figure if a religion (including atheism)
This is an ambiguous statement. It could mean either "religion, as well as atheism," or it could mean "religion, such as atheism." Your choice of wording and syntax didn't make it clear.

This isn't the first time your... ahem, iffy sentence structure has left your intentions vague or muddled. Your response to Renegade's (entirely justified) confirmation question really made you look like an ass.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 06:40 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

You weren't exactly spot-on with how you structured your sentence. It was a brief and easily answerable question. You're being silly and taking what I asked well out of proportion.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 07:15 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Here’s food for thought.

K.

quote:
Does the past objectively exist?

Considering all knowledge is subject to humanity, this question can't be answered outside of that POV.

quote:
How much, objectively, is our current scientific understanding worth when investigating spatial, temporal, and dimensional perplexities?

See above. You either believe that what you see is what you get, or you believe in some Descartian evil genius demon bullshit. When I hear hoofbeats, I think horses, not lizard people riding unicorns.

quote:
In laymen’s terms, evolution could be an illusion.

An illusion would mean that things do not really change. But they measurably do. Even without being able to use absolute knowledge or a God's-eye view of reality, we can at least determine causation and change. This is mindless babbling.

quote:
When considering evolution vs creationism, if you pick one or another you’re either resoundingly wrong, or you’re right for the wrong reasons.

Nope. For someone who claims to be an uber Anakin archetype/omnipolymathgeniusglot/loves dem numbers/super sciences it up, this kind of talk is bafflingly stupid and thought-terminating.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 12:46 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Nope. For someone who claims to be an uber Anakin archetype/omnipolymathgeniusglot/loves dem numbers/super sciences it up, this kind of talk is bafflingly stupid and thought-terminating.
You claim to understand having a mind like that by saying this.

That's as unsubstantiated as claiming that, because there're action-reactions that seem to be totally related, that it isn't all illusory none-the-less.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 12:09 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say impalpable, intangible, or ethereal. You seem to have interpreted the possibility wrongly as did Shyamunison.

There is a good reason for denying such a possibility, it's difficult to operate under the notion that nothing is actually known.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 12:14 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I didn't say impalpable, intangible, or ethereal. You seem to have interpreted the possibility wrongly as did Shyamunison.

There is a good reason for denying such a possibility, it's difficult to operate under the notion that nothing is actually known.

I suggest you read From Eternity to Here by Sean Carroll

http://www.amazon.com/From-Eternity...y/dp/0452296544

You will then see why I fundamentally disagree with you, not misunderstand you.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 01:17 AM