KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 11:54 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

Because the people who constructed the religion and wrote the bible were men who wanted to control women. The story of Adam and Eve is just mythology, but how that mythology was interpreted makes all the difference.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:59 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Aside from the mythology part, the above is pretty accurate.
The Bible was written by men.
Who's to say if and how Adam was punished?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 08:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He wasn't exempt. Banishment from Eden and subsequently death were the most severe punishments that God handed out, and Adam suffered both of them as much as Eve did.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good point, though Eve (and by extension, women) was the one getting all the bad press. And bleeding once a month out of her most intimate of places.
Adam/men seem to be suffering for sins that weren't his/our fault.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 10:45 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Here you go:

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.

It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

(Genesis 3:17-19)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yup, it was all the woman's fault. Not.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 02:47 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by riv6672

If Adam and Eve isn't mythology, what is it?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 04:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Re: Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Originally posted by Robtard
Here you go:

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.

It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

(Genesis 3:17-19)

So God made Women subservient and Men farmers?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 06:36 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Originally posted by MF DELPH
So God made Women subservient and Men farmers?

Pretty much.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 06:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If Adam and Eve isn't mythology, what is it?

A matter of faith. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 07:15 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

A matter of faith. stick out tongue

People can have faith is myths. Do you think the Greeks had no faith in their gods?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 08:28 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mythology, my ass. Of course, it was written by men. The entire Bible was but God communicated to man (wether by talking, thru dreams, or some other means) what to write in it. The Bible is the word of God...and yes, He's quite real. Regardless of what know-it-all atheists think.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Sep 12th, 2014 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 01:52 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

People can have faith is myths. Do you think the Greeks had no faith in their gods?

Haha, YOU think their gods were myths. They didnt.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:10 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Haha, YOU think their gods were myths. They didnt.

No they didn't. And they would have been pissed at me for calling their gods myths. Is your God a myth?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 04:01 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Star428
Mythology, my ass. Of course, it was written by men. The entire Bible was but God communicated to man (wether by talking, thru dreams, or some other means) what to write in it. The Bible is the word of God...and yes, He's quite real. Regardless of what know-it-all atheists think.

The Koran makes the same claim. Why should I believe you and the bible over the Koran?

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Sep 12th, 2014 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 04:02 AM
riv6672

Even though we've gone completely off topic, shaky, i have to first say, no, my god's not a myth (i'm Asatru), and i couldnt care less if you call him that or not, and second, i have to ask, why should anyone believe YOU?
Faith is faith.
I've never been a fan of religions that push themselves on others. Also never been a fan of people who claim a person's religion is false.
Live and let live, as long as no one's getting hurt.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 08:34 AM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Because the people who constructed the religion and wrote the bible were men who wanted to control women. The story of Adam and Eve is just mythology, but how that mythology was interpreted makes all the difference.

Exactly right.

You might like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PDxeUynA

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:52 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

A literalist are you?

Do you believe in a talking serpent or a serpent that was controlled by Satan then.

Tell us why God put Satan right there beside Eve please?

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:56 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Tzeentch
He wasn't exempt. Banishment from Eden and subsequently death were the most severe punishments that God handed out, and Adam suffered both of them as much as Eve did.

Is a life being ruled by another as good as a life where one rules over another?

I think it is better to rule than to be ruled and Eve was ruled and got the raw end of Adams sin.

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:59 PM