KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The first female killer

The first female killer
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

The first female killer

We all know about Cain and Abel.

I havent read the bible regularly in years. Does it mention the first woman to commit a murder?
A Google search didnt give me anything useful.

Last edited by riv6672 on Sep 24th, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don't remember her name but it was a female warrior in the OT.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

OT?

Also, if thats all there is, thats cool, i'm not arguing. I just dont consider killing in war as murder, IF thats what this warrior did.
I was thinking an actual Cain type instance.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:27 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

OT = Old Testament

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:31 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
OT?

Also, if thats all there is, thats cool, i'm not arguing. I just dont consider killing in war as murder, IF thats what this warrior did.
I was thinking an actual Cain type instance.

Killing is not murder. You asked for the first female killer in the bible. As far as reality, humans have been killing each other sense before we evolved into humans.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:15 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pardon me i misspoke in the thread title even though i said murder quite clearly in the OP. Obviously i agree with you, as i made the distinction myself.
So, is there a first female murderer in the bible to anyone's knowledge?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:44 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Wow! I can't think of a single women in the bible who murdered.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:48 AM
riv6672

Neither could i, and neither could Google...!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:54 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Here is as close as I can find.

"According to the biblical accounts, Jezebel incited her husband King Ahab to abandon the worship of Yahweh and encourage worship of the deities Baal and Asherah instead. Jezebel is said to have persecuted the prophets of Yahweh, and to have fabricated false evidence of blasphemy against an innocent landowner who refused to sell his property to King Ahab, causing the landowner to be put to death."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezebel

Jezebel had someone wrongly put to death. Does that count?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:58 AM
riv6672

It does in my book.
Thanks for this. Appreciate it.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 06:28 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

It does in my book.
Thanks for this. Appreciate it.

Why did you want to know?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 06:08 AM
riv6672

Morbid curiosity.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 06:42 AM
Laurie

Re: The first female killer

We all know about Cain and Abel.

I havent read the bible regularly in years. Does it mention the first woman to commit a murder?
A Google search didnt give me anything useful.

Well, if Matricide counts, then possibly...

Anomalies of Genesis: Lilith; Adam’s first wife…

There are two accounts to the biblical book of Genesis regarding man’s creation.
In Genesis 1:26-27 we are told: So God created mankind simultaneously in the ‘divine image.’ (more of that later); 'Male and Female he created them.’ Ancient Rabbi’s described this account as Adam and ‘Eve’ being of an androgyne; a creature that was both male and female. (Genesis Rabbah 8:1, Leviticus Rabbah 14:1).

However, the second account of creation, which is known as the ‘Yahwistic account, and is found in Genesis 2. It tells us that ‘God created Adam and then placed him in the Garden of Eden. When God later decided to make a companion for Adam, we are told that he put Adam into a deep sleep for some time (anaesthesia?), and then ‘fashioned’ Eve from Adam’s side. When Adam awoke, he recognized Eve as ‘part of him, and accepted her as his companion.’ (Was this implying a ‘female clone of Adam?).

In any event, whichever account is meant to be the true account, if anything in the bible can be true, it entirely clashes with the Jewish accounts of the story of creation. The legend is that Lilith was Adam’s first wife, but he was displeased with her because she was rebellious, and refused to ‘lie with him.’ (Lilith is also mentioned four times in the Babylonian Talmud, and is also mentioned in the Torah, and the Midrash).

Eventually Lilith ‘flew away, up into the air, in disgust at Adam,’ (by some sort of craft? Perhaps, but the ancient priests tell us that she had wings); and, according to the scriptures, God sent three Angels to bring her back; and when they eventually found her by the Red Sea she refused to return to Adam, stating to the Angels that she had been ‘granted the right’ to kill any child she had so long as it was less than a month old. (Had Lilith had a child with Adam and killed it? Was that the cause for rancour in their union?)

In any event, the ‘Angels’ returned and they reported back to God that “They could not force Lilith to return to Adam.” Lilith was later demonized in Jewish folklore as a ‘Demon’ and a dangerous killer of babies; which would suggest that she had indeed killed a child.

(Incidentally, you won’t find any written accounts of these events from any eyewitnesses from the alleged time that the events supposedly occurred; the only written accounts are from ancient Priests whom wrote them centuries after the alleged events. There were no eye-witness accounts to the Garden of Eden story, which is a place that is as elusive to the world and mankind, today, as Atlantis is,

If we are to take these scriptures literally, then we must try to analyse that which is true, and that which is fiction, of the scriptures; and which were written by ancient historians and priests whom needed to indoctrinate the population; the latter, especially, had a vested interest in controlling the people.

Don't piss me off, I'm having difficulties finding new places to hide the bodies...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:32 PM
Laurie is currently offline Click here to Send Laurie a Private Message Find more posts by Laurie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wow...cool. Thanks.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:31 PM