KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Question for Muslims

Question for Muslims
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question for Muslims

Why is your beliefs and practices so violent against non Muslims. Also why do you discriminate against women? Considering western culture and most of the world think how you treat women, they consider the men of Islam pigs, but you won't eat bacon because its unclean. Isn't the whole religion unclean as well.

Explain

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 06:15 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guess Eminem will never answer.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 03:05 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Guess Eminem will never answer.

Good guess. big grin

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 03:06 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I friend of mine explained to me that there are different sects of muslims and not all of them are the same.

Some sects are more liberal on their ideas

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 11:38 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

And it's not like the OP is filled with Loaded Questions, not at all smile

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 02:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Re: Question for Muslims

Why is your beliefs and practices so violent against non Muslims. Also why do you discriminate against women?
Probably for the same reason Christianity has been so violent toward not-Christians and discriminatory toward women.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 03:26 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm not muslim. just want to say a few things.

1. depending on who you talk to, the quran can be interpreted as not condoning any sort of violence by muslims on innocent and non-threatening non-muslims.

2. with the women thing... i dunno. i was in a relationship with a muslim girl for a long time and basically the impression she gave me is that they (muslim women) don't see it as oppression but rather god giving different roles to the different sexes. she would always say there are things a woman is entitled to that a man isn't and vice versa. though my honest opinion is that the men sort of got the better end of the stick in that deal and that's probably cause the religion was made by men.. just like any other.

3. they don't eat pork, jews also don't eat pork, and there are plenty of arbitrary folk tales to explain why. it's not rational.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 03:31 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Question for Muslims

Why is your beliefs and practices so violent against non Muslims. Also why do you discriminate against women? Considering western culture and most of the world think how you treat women, they consider the men of Islam pigs, but you won't eat bacon because its unclean. Isn't the whole religion unclean as well.

So the religion is unclean because its scripture doesn't adhere to western cultural standards? Christianity too promotes violence and chauvinism, so how is that any different?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 04:16 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Question for Muslims

Originally posted by Astner
So the religion is unclean because its scripture doesn't adhere to western cultural standards? Christianity too promotes violence and chauvinism, so how is that any different?

I guess I see it differently as Christianity isn't still going around and beheading people like we are in mid evil times.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:10 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Re: Re: Question for Muslims

I guess I see it differently as Christianity isn't still going around and beheading people like we are in mid evil times.

Christianity has its fair share of extremists as well. The vast majority of Muslims live peaceful lives.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:22 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Muslims

Christianity has its fair share of extremists as well. The vast majority of Muslims live peaceful lives.

Who was the latest well known extremist in Christianity? I can only think of David Koresh.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 03:38 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Muslims

Very true on both counts, however if you look at countries where the majority of the population identifies as devoutly Christian (i.e. much of Latin America and parts of Europe) and countries where the majority identifies as devoutly Muslim, you'll see that Muslim-majority nations tend to be more authoritarian and socially conservative.

Both the Bible and the Quran contain unsettling prescriptions for how a man should treat his wives and slaves, but the Quran devotes entire sections to this and whereas most Jewish and Christian communities have long since turned away from these teachings from the Torah/Bible, the most conservative teachings of the Quran are often still in full force.

For a while now I've come to believe that it's simply a matter of time. Christianity has had five centuries more time to mellow out than Islam has.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 04:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Muslims

Who was the latest well known extremist in Christianity? I can only think of David Koresh.

You've never heard of the Westboro Baptist Church?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 09:09 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Muslims

Originally posted by Lestov16
You've never heard of the Westboro Baptist Church?

The church with 39 members in some podunk town, yes. I have. Nothing those wackos have done compares to the damage radical Islam does and continues to do. Yes they are against homosexuals, but they don't kill and hang them like they do in Iran.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Explain

I'm not sure we have any regular Muslims on the site anymore. Most of these are Google-able, and at least a couple of these are, at best, too generalized to be asked of every Muslim. And, at worst, horribly naive to the point of insulting prejudice. The first question alone presumes a violence that is only true of a small subset of an extremist minority. For the rest - the vast majority - the answer's going to be "it's not, and that's a horrible stereotype about our religion that breeds misunderstanding and violence." Or some variation thereof. And any response you make will be instantly invalid, because the line of questioning alone belies your lack of comprehensive understanding of the religion. The other questions fare no better when put to the merest of scrutiny.

So this is either trolling to stir up ire, or ignorant to the point of discriminatory bias. I'm no fan of religion - and Islam falls under that umbrella - but there's a wrong way to attempt to deconstruct something. And any right way has to include at least a modicum of respect and basic knowledge. Go do some Google research, or read a couple books on the subject.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 6th, 2014 at 03:59 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
I'm not sure we have any regular Muslims on the site anymore. Most of these are Google-able, and at least a couple of these are, at best, too generalized to be asked of every Muslim. And, at worst, horribly naive to the point of insulting prejudice. The first question alone presumes a violence that is only true of a small subset of an extremist minority. For the rest - the vast majority - the answer's going to be "it's not, and that's a horrible stereotype about our religion that breeds misunderstanding and violence." Or some variation thereof. And any response you make will be instantly invalid, because the line of questioning alone belies your lack of comprehensive understanding of the religion. The other questions fare no better when put to the merest of scrutiny.

So this is either trolling to stir up ire, or ignorant to the point of discriminatory bias. I'm no fan of religion - and Islam falls under that umbrella - but there's a wrong way to attempt to deconstruct something. And any right way has to include at least a modicum of respect and basic knowledge. Go do some Google research, or read a couple books on the subject.

I been to Afghanistan and Iraq, think I got the gist of it, nothing google or a few books can tell me that I have not experienced.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 05:15 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by Digi
"horribly naive to the point of insulting prejudice"

"either trolling to stir up ire, or ignorant to the point of discriminatory bias"
Sums up the OP perfectly. Nothing to add here.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 07:20 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Sums up the OP perfectly. Nothing to add here.

Yes, the news is all lies and none of this is happening..

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:01 PM
SamZED

Yes, the news is all lies and none of this is happening..
Because we all know that judging a group of over a billion people based on behavior of minority is what US is all about. While you're at it ask black people why they steal. thumb up

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:27 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Because we all know that judging a group of over a billion people based on behavior of minority is what US is all about. While you're at it ask black people why they steal. thumb up

Think beheading people is a little different then stealing.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:48 PM