KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?

Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

At present, governments control the law of the land and church policy to a large extent. Should the law of the land be God’s law?

Separation of church and state, to my way of thinking, is impossible. To think that an elected official who adheres to a religion can somehow leave his or her religion out of the houses of government when they enter to take their seat is ridiculous. Social, cultural and traditional conditioning that people live under cannot just be set aside in one’s mind. Further a representative must represent his constituents and in the U.S. they will be religious constituents who wish to be represented as religious and not necessarily secular.

Christians and other religious seek to live in a theocracy under what I would call a Timocratic Tyranny. Timocratic in the sense that God rules for love, honor and duty. Tyrannical in the sense that any who break any of the laws, large or small, are swiftly dealt with. The non-religious seek more of a democratic nation where they make the rules and not God. As a Gnostic Christian, I admit to being secular and have no love of the laws the Gods offer.

At present, we all live in Oligarchic countries. Some of these we call democratic, some communistic and others of various labels but at the end of the day, all of us live in Oligarchies. We are all owned and controlled by those with wealth and bought political power.

If I focus on the U.S., I do not see how it is possible for what many Americans call a Christian nation, to not be conflicted, when Americans seek freedom and democracy in governance here on earth, while seeking the Timocratic Tyranny of heaven.

This goes against the notion of as above so below, or as Christians say, on earth as it is in heaven.

For Christians to end this governance conflict, --- they cannot have their cake and eat it too, ---Americans would have to bring God’s law to earth and scrap the notions of democracy and vote for a Timocratic Tyranny like what God has in heaven.

To accomplish the Christian goal of God’s law on earth as it is in heaven, the Christian right would have to gain power and end democracy in the U.S.

I would ask those Christians on the religious and political right, are you ready to try to dismantle the Oligarchy you presently live under, --- end the farce of democracy, --- and install God’s Timocratic Tyranny?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:22 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

How many governments could a God Government govern, if a God Government could govern God?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 05:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
How many governments could a God Government govern, if a God Government could govern God?

Lol you accept these types of OP's and give brief rhetorical questions for an answer for this OP, but in a thread about Muslims, you go ape shit on me, I see what you are doing.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 06:13 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Lol you accept these types of OP's and give brief rhetorical questions for an answer for this OP, but in a thread about Muslims, you go ape shit on me, I see what you are doing.

No, you really don't. Rhetorical question? It was an obvious joke line, not a f---ing position statement about my stance on various religions.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 06:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, you really don't. Rhetorical question? It was an obvious joke line, not a f---ing position statement about my stance on various religions.

Sure Digi, sure.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 06:17 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Are you familiar with this:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+wood+...woodchuck+chuck

If so, tell me again how my line is a sweeping statement about my views on Christianity vs. Islam, and not just a silly joke line based on the thread's title?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 06:23 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Before I go further, please define God.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 07:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

For the answer, say it fast three times then click your heels together.

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:44 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Showing good morals.

Muslims are great if you ignore the 20% or so on the extreme right.

What is 20% of, what are they, 1.3 billion or something.

That adds up to about 5,000 honor killings a year. Yep, great folks that 20%.

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:47 PM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Before I go further, please define God.

I was thinking of the genocidal son murdering prick of the bible.

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:49 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?

I was thinking of the genocidal son murdering prick of the bible.

Regards
DL

Then the answer would be NO!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 09:16 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Governments govern God. Should God govern governments?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Then the answer would be NO!

20/20

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 09:18 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

For the answer, say it fast three times then click your heels together.

Regards
DL

Ha, thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:54 PM