KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Demons

Demons
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Demons

Saw the below while i was was doing some demonic type surfing.
So, bearing in mind the same article said demons are not fallen angels, since these angels were cast down to hell till judgement day, what, in YOUR opinion is a demon?

DEMONS - WHAT ARE THEY? Demons are NOT human. They are invisible evil spirits with various sizes and shapes.

WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?

There are no Scriptures to back anyone's personal opinions or theories.

God did in fact create everything (including Lucifer). Colossians 1:16 "For it was in Him that ALL things were created, in heaven and on earth, things SEEN and things UNSEEN, whether THRONES, DOMINIONS, RULERS, or AUTHORITIES; ALL things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him."

AND

JOHN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2/The same was in the beginning with God. 3/ ALL THINGS were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made.

We do know that the demons have rankings (like the military). Again in Colossians 1:16 "...things seen and things unseen, whether THRONES - DOMINIONS - RULERS - AUTHORITIES

King James version calls them "VISIBLE and INVISIBLE, whether THRONES - DOMINIONS - PRINCIPALITIES - POWERS

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the RULERS of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." KJV

Ephesians 6:12 "For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the DESPOTISMS, against the POWERS, against [the master spirits who are] the world RULERS of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere." AMPLIFIED

The above scriptures destroy any notion that there are NO demons.

DEMONS - WHAT THEY ARE NOT -- If you think the demons are the "fallen angels", this can only be a personal opinion. There are some Scriptures that are not clear (like in the Book of Revelations), so everyone has their own opinion.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 09:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've always thought that they were the fallen angels. Lucifer (or actually, Satan now) , being the devil is the head demon. I think I even remember reading in the dictionary a while back that he is the "head demon" though I realize Webster's isn't actually an authority on that subject, LOL. Even before I read that though, I've always thought of him as the leader of the demons and/or fallen angels.

Yes, God created Lucifer but originally, as I'm sure you already know, he was one of the good guys and God's most favored angel. It's only when Lucifer rebelled against God that he and one-third of all the angels (the ones that sided with him) were cast out of heaven and never allowed back in. When that happened Lucifer became Satan (the devil). So, God didn't create the devil. Lucifer became the devil after he was cast out of heaven.

Funny you brought this subject up now. I just purchased "The Exorcist: The complete Anthology" on blu-ray a few days ago. I wanted to have some good horror flicks to watch in the days leading up to Halloween. If you haven't seen the movies I highly recommend them if you're really interested in things like this. I'm sure you've probably already seen the original Exorcist movies but the complete anthology also has the two prequel stories to the original. I've never watched the films on blu-ray before and I'm looking forward to it. Especially on my big screen high-definition plasma tv.

smile

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Oct 8th, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 09:54 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, okay then!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 10:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

Entities that not only dwell amongst, but can travel to and from these seen and unseen places to influence mankind would be my initial take...

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 11:43 AM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Well...

1. Psychologically, a demon is a cognitive subroutine (eg, a "bad habit", "obsessive thoughts") which one may be aware of and can't control (Lv.2 thinking), or one is not even aware of (Lv.3 thinking) but nonetheless influences one's behavior in a manner that is upsetting if not outright dysfunctional.

2. Mystically, a demon is an aspect of one's divine nature, unrecognized as such, and therefore seen as an "other" to be feared (as opposed to an "angel", where one is not fearful). The Tibetan Book of the Dead gives a good account of how the dying person's emotional state determines the nature of what is experienced. In a nutshell: fear brings demons, acceptance brings angels (or whatever symbolism that person's religion uses to translate higher forms -- one's higher self -- into something understandable).

...or was I supposed to respond in strictly JudeoChristian terms?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 12:12 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I fid say your opinion (i even capitalized "your")so, whatever floats your boat.
Even if thats just quoting other peeps' opinions.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 12:34 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Even if thats just quoting other peeps' opinions.
No quoting, my own words. #1 is based on my experience as a psychologist, and #2 reflects the perennial philosophy (of which I am fond), the common thread running through all mystical and religious systems (of which the Tibetan BotD is but one account).

While I grok that KMCers are generally much more familiar with the JudeoChristian model, imho, I don't think religious discussion should always involve just the "Western" POV, especially given the common thread (actually, Buddhism does rear its head now and then).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Oct 8th, 2014 at 01:46 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:43 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindship
Well...

1. Psychologically, a demon is a cognitive subroutine (eg, a "bad habit", "obsessive thoughts") which one may be aware of and can't control (Lv.2 thinking), or one is not even aware of (Lv.3 thinking) but nonetheless influences one's behavior in a manner that is upsetting if not outright dysfunctional.

2. Mystically, a demon is an aspect of one's divine nature, unrecognized as such, and therefore seen as an "other" to be feared (as opposed to an "angel", where one is not fearful). The Tibetan Book of the Dead gives a good account of how the dying person's emotional state determines the nature of what is experienced. In a nutshell: fear brings demons, acceptance brings angels (or whatever symbolism that person's religion uses to translate higher forms -- one's higher self -- into something understandable).

...or was I supposed to respond in strictly JudeoChristian terms?

thumb up I couldn't have said it better!

Demons are not something outside of our selves. We are the angels and demons in our own life.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:20 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think a Demon is the personification of the 'negative' impulses we succumb to in our day to day lives, as well as the obstacles we face, whether from other humans or other factors (like, for example, a storm knocking out the power when you needed to cook dinner for yourself and your children and you stating "the devil is at work", or a fellow commuter cutting you off in traffic and flipping you off and then you state "the devil is just testing me").

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:21 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I never say that when i get cut off in traffic. What i DO say will just come out as a lot of *********** here, though!

Seriously, good answers.
In a more "pea soup spitting" sense, i think demons are human souls that get chosen for special damnation, till they become the damners in turn.
A story that caught my eye when i read it was:

http://www.amazon.com/Everythings-E...s/dp/0743457358

As it summed up what i'd always envisioned since was a kid. But you know, eloquently.

I realize the hip trend here is to disbelieve in god(s) and all, but i just wanted to throw that out there.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 07:09 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don't believe in souls, spirits or ghosts.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 08:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never say that when i get cut off in traffic. What i DO say will just come out as a lot of *********** here, though!

Seriously, good answers.
In a more "pea soup spitting" sense, i think demons are human souls that get chosen for special damnation, till they become the damners in turn.
A story that caught my eye when i read it was:

http://www.amazon.com/Everythings-E...s/dp/0743457358

As it summed up what i'd always envisioned since was a kid. But you know, eloquently.

I realize the hip trend here is to disbelieve in god(s) and all, but i just wanted to throw that out there.

The "hip trend" to deny the existence of God is why this once great nation is going down the drain. It's sad.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:07 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't believe in souls, spirits or ghosts.

Nothing wrong with that.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:30 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Star428
The "hip trend" to deny the existence of God is why this once great nation is going down the drain. It's sad.

Its one of the reasons things tend to be going south, yeah.
Too much religion is as bad as too little.
That said, balance is a bit out of whack at the best if times.

On topic:
No more demonic theories?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:35 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe in ghosts either. The bible states "The dead know nothing". Which means ghosts can't possibly exist. However, some people confuse ghosts with demons. They're most certainly not the same thing and, unlike ghosts, demons are as real as you or me.

Last edited by Star428 on Oct 9th, 2014 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:39 AM
riv6672

Good points.

I differentiate between the dead and ghosts, but thats just me.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:45 AM
bluewaterrider

On topic:

Chuck Missler has some amazing ones.

Can't seem to type properly right now, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgbiVTXRGF4

Even though we've gone completely off topic, shaky, i have to first say, no, my god's not a myth (i'm Asatru), and i couldnt care less if you call him that or not, and second, i have to ask, why should anyone believe YOU?
Faith is faith.
I've never been a fan of religions that push themselves on others. Also never been a fan of people who claim a person's religion is false.
Live and let live, as long as no one's getting hurt.

Want to cover the above with you eventually.

Back to the original subject, though (Chuck Missler on demons, etcetera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JbIxE0CsXo

"before we start, since we're dealing with a very complicated area ...
there is a principle which is proof against all argument ... cannot fail to keep man in unending ignorance ... and that principle is condemnation before investigation ..."
(1 minute 49 second mark through 2 minute 12 second mark for quote above)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 05:43 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Ahk.

Need click-able links.

Here, I'll include them in this message:

On topic:

Chuck Missler has some amazing ones.

Can't seem to type properly right now, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgbiVTXRGF4

Even though we've gone completely off topic, shaky, i have to first say, no, my god's not a myth (i'm Asatru), and i couldnt care less if you call him that or not, and second, i have to ask, why should anyone believe YOU?
Faith is faith.
I've never been a fan of religions that push themselves on others. Also never been a fan of people who claim a person's religion is false.
Live and let live, as long as no one's getting hurt.

Want to cover the above with you eventually.

Back to the original subject, though (Chuck Missler on demons, etcetera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JbIxE0CsXo

"before we start, since we're dealing with a very complicated area ...
there is a principle which is proof against all argument ... cannot fail to keep man in unending ignorance ... and that principle is condemnation before investigation ..."
(1 minute 49 second mark through 2 minute 12 second mark for quote above)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 05:45 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Huh, thanks for that!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 06:36 AM