KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Man was never to eat of the tree of life.

Man was never to eat of the tree of life.
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

I do not think man was ever intended to eat of the tree of life and you will note that nowhere in scriptures is it’s lose bemoaned.

We came out of Eden being as Gods and knowing all that he knows. God’s own words in this myth. They have become as Gods.

We are then denied the ability to have that knowledge live forever as it would make man stagnate at whatever level of knowledge he had then, or even now if we extrapolate the story to where we are all Adams. Our knowledge continues to evolve.

The archetypal God in this myth does not want man to idolize his own knowledge as that would stifle progress. We are to perpetually raise the bar and not make an unchangeable immortal idol of what we know. We are to deny ourselves the immortality of our ideas and knowledge. They, like man, are to evolve forever.

I bet you never thought of this myth that way.

Can you see it?

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:38 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don't believe there was ever a tree of life. It is just part of a story.

Its kind of like saying that man was never meant to have a light-saber.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Oct 11th, 2014 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:57 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Man was never to eat of the tree of life.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am

I do not think man was ever intended to eat of the tree of life and you will note that nowhere in scriptures is it’s lose bemoaned.

We came out of Eden being as Gods and knowing all that he knows. God’s own words in this myth. They have become as Gods.

We are then denied the ability to have that knowledge live forever as it would make man stagnate at whatever level of knowledge he had then, or even now if we extrapolate the story to where we are all Adams. Our knowledge continues to evolve.

The archetypal God in this myth does not want man to idolize his own knowledge as that would stifle progress. We are to perpetually raise the bar and not make an unchangeable immortal idol of what we know. We are to deny ourselves the immortality of our ideas and knowledge. They, like man, are to evolve forever.

Can you see it?

Regards
DL

They did eat the tree of life, they were allowed to eat that and that is why they had immortality. Once they ate the fruit of the tree of good and evil, they were prohibited from gaining access to the tree of life because they would have then been given immortality. States this all in the Bible.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 11:09 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

LOL at the bible being discussed as factual

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:07 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16

Who says its not...you? laughing

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:02 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

I for one.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 05:39 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Can you see it?

Nope.

Nope.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

there are whole testiments and goepels of the bible that have been taken out or censored over the course of history. and this is a fact. im just saying its reliability and bias point of view (if it has one) can be called into question

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 03:16 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
there are whole testiments and goepels of the bible that have been taken out or censored over the course of history. and this is a fact. im just saying its reliability and bias point of view (if it has one) can be called into question

Again, many testaments were dismissed because there were actual tellings form first hand witnesses that contradicted the scriptures. Tradition is a very important element of early christianity, most witnesses left no written data for us to scrutinize.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 07:51 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:11 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Its kind of like saying that man was never meant to have a light-saber.

Correct, man was meant to have two lightsabers:

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Robtard
... man was meant to have two lightsabers:

Man was meant to have the BLUE lightsaber.

Red and green don't cut it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 10:12 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Can you see it?

Regards
DL

well, in the Bible, God appointed man to die a physical death from the start... that's the reason why He created man out of the dust of the ground, which is our flesh... when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, they died spiritually...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 01:19 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

I agree but if not meant as I speculated, what doe it mean.

Bear in mind that nowhere in the story or bible is it's loss ever bemoaned.

It seems that even the biblical writers did not believe it to be an important part of the story.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:35 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Man was never to eat of the tree of life.

They did eat the tree of life, they were allowed to eat that and that is why they had immortality. Once they ate the fruit of the tree of good and evil, they were prohibited from gaining access to the tree of life because they would have then been given immortality. States this all in the Bible.

If they ate of the tree of life and became immortal, where are they?

Please quote where the bible says they ate of the tree of life.

Also tell us why God would forbid them of doing what they had already done?

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:39 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Lestov16

It has been said that people of intelligence can discuss what they do not believe.

Sorry if I went above your pay scale.

You might wonder why I do it.

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:40 PM
Greatest I am

Who says it is ...you? laughing

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:44 PM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Man was never to eat of the tree of life.

Originally posted by dyajeep
well, in the Bible, God appointed man to die a physical death from the start... that's the reason why He created man out of the dust of the ground, which is our flesh... when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, they died spiritually...

Where is this shown in scriptures?

Further, how is, as God says in the narrative, A & E have become as Gods, knowing good and evil, dying spiritually.

That quote from God says they brought life to their spiritual thinking and not death as you indicate.

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:47 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Correct, man was meant to have two lightsabers:

Bardocks twin. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:57 PM
55iopy

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Man was meant to have the BLUE lightsaber.

Red and green don't cut it.

With that tree? Green and Red are most appropriate.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 03:02 AM
55iopy is currently offline Click here to Send 55iopy a Private Message Find more posts by 55iopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote