KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » How much hate does God have as compared to love in his heart?

How much hate does God have as compared to love in his heart?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

God says to love the sinner and hate the sin. But scriptures say that, at the end of days, the numbers of souls in hell will far surpass the number of souls in heaven. The wide road as compared to the narrow road.

If, at the end of days, God must destroy that many of us in the lake of fire, his hate would have to be much greater than the love he has for the relatively few that he will cling to and love in the place for eternal and ignorant bliss, heaven.

To my way of thinking, it would be impossible to kill with love in one’s heart and so God would have to have hate in his when he kills instead of cures all those souls. We do know that God does not need or have to kill, but will, and God cannot have love in his heart when he does. That would be monstrous.

I know that love and hate for souls are not necessarily proportional but even at ten to one, God must end with a lot more hate than love in his heart when he pours the vast majority of us into the lake of fire.

How then can God ask us to love sinners and hate the sin when he hates the sinner and we are to follow his lead?

Regards
DL

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:39 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Which god?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is only one true god. The god of Abraham and Moses is God. The same one who created the entire universe including all the angels.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Oct 12th, 2014 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:28 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
There is only one true god. The god of Abraham and Moses is God. The same one who created the entire universe including all the angels.

Please provide proof.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:47 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

His ways aren't our ways.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 05:05 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

GIA's threads seem so limiting to discussion. You either disagree with assumptions made that lead to the OP's premise, or you agree with the basics but not the individual opinion being expressed. There isn't an overarching topic to extrapolate on; there's usually just a question based on a very narrow interpretation of scripture. So it's a lot of single-line answers that won't inspire further dissection.

I'll admit to not following the majority of his threads. Do others fare any better?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 05:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Most of the time he drops a rant like the one in the OP and disappears from his own thread as counters are lifted everywhere.

He is a great fan of deconstructing the christian mythos without much regard of religious beliefs or practices. Monotheistic fanfiction?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:04 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Digi
GIA's threads seem so limiting to discussion. You either disagree with assumptions made that lead to the OP's premise, or you agree with the basics but not the individual opinion being expressed. There isn't an overarching topic to extrapolate on; there's usually just a question based on a very narrow interpretation of scripture. So it's a lot of single-line answers that won't inspire further dissection.

I'll admit to not following the majority of his threads. Do others fare any better?

You are spot on, but it can be interesting watching Christians freak over his interpretation of the bible.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:13 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You are spot on, but it can be interesting watching Christians freak over his interpretation of the bible.

Interesting? Maybe funny or entertaining, but interesting?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:14 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

The dude has a hypnotic snake as an avatar and just shows up to talk mess about God. He even thinks he's better than everyone else, "Greatest I am"?

He's obviously Satan.

Last edited by Yamcha on Oct 12th, 2014 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:33 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bentley
Interesting? Maybe funny or entertaining, but interesting?

Things that are funny and entertaining are interesting to me.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:44 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Things that are funny and entertaining are interesting to me.

Your interest is quite easy to obtain embarrasment

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:48 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Yamcha
The dude has a hypnotic snake as an avatar and just shows up to talk mess about God. He even thinks he's better than everyone else, "Greatest I am"?

He's obviously Satan.
lol

I wonder if that was intentional, and he's just playing a role on a forum to troll?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 07:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: How much hate does God have as compared to love in his heart?

i'd say somewhere around 50 kilograms of hate. but its god hate so it's extra potent shit.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:20 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by NemeBro
lol

I wonder if that was intentional, and he's just playing a role on a forum to troll?

Trolls don't have this kind of patience. He would have broken character a long time ago to reveal his "schemes." No, this is legit.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 01:01 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Digi
Trolls don't have this kind of patience.
Give me some credit man.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 01:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Christian here. I think it's a very good question to be fair.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:41 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Yamcha

He's obviously Satan.

I think he is Satan.

COME AND GET ME BOY!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:47 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by K-Dog
Christian here. I think it's a very good question to be fair.

Most christian religions must've overkilled that kind of question several times over. They are very basic and rather blunt heresies.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:12 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: How much hate does God have as compared to love in his heart?

Originally posted by Greatest I am

God says to love the sinner and hate the sin. But scriptures say that, at the end of days, the numbers of souls in hell will far surpass the number of souls in heaven. The wide road as compared to the narrow road.

If, at the end of days, God must destroy that many of us in the lake of fire, his hate would have to be much greater than the love he has for the relatively few that he will cling to and love in the place for eternal and ignorant bliss, heaven.

To my way of thinking, it would be impossible to kill with love in one’s heart and so God would have to have hate in his when he kills instead of cures all those souls. We do know that God does not need or have to kill, but will, and God cannot have love in his heart when he does. That would be monstrous.

I know that love and hate for souls are not necessarily proportional but even at ten to one, God must end with a lot more hate than love in his heart when he pours the vast majority of us into the lake of fire.

How then can God ask us to love sinners and hate the sin when he hates the sinner and we are to follow his lead?

Regards
DL

COME AND GET ME, BOY!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:28 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote