KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What's so fictional about The Bible?

What's so fictional about The Bible?
Started by: Jynocidus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

What's so fictional about The Bible?

Is it literally, by calculation, logic, or rationale, impossible for A Creator to exist?

Are the laws ineffective, worldwide?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 04:46 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jynocidus
Is it literally, by calculation, logic, or rationale, impossible for A Creator to exist?

First you have to have a creation. Is the Big Bang the creation? Scientists have stated that the Big Bang doesn't need a creator. I read the book The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, and they cover the point about the Big Bang does not needing a creator. So, what other creation would need a creator? Evolution?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:38 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

a creator can exist and the bible can still be fiction

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:50 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

No it's just impossible that there's nothing above the creator or that the creator isn't surpassed by something. The idea of omnipotence is true about nature, but as an asymptotic terminal point in a positive or negative correlated graphical hierarchy of intelligent life/dimensional complexity.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:54 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

Originally posted by Oneness
The idea of omnipotence is true about nature, but as an asymptotic terminal point in a positive or negative correlated graphical hierarchy of intelligent life/dimensional complexity.
**** does that mean?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:59 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

Originally posted by red g jacks
**** does that mean?

I don't think you would want to know. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:08 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
First you have to have a creation. Is the Big Bang the creation? Scientists have stated that the Big Bang doesn't need a creator. I read the book The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, and they cover the point about the Big Bang does not needing a creator. So, what other creation would need a creator? Evolution?

How can a scientist say what does, and doesn't need A Creator? Have either of the authors you mentioned ever created anything in their lives?

Evolution is more like the product of denial with the purpose to satisfy materialistic persons. Men didn't even create the organisms they research to come up with that nonsense, therefore evolution isn't worthy of being classified with creation.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:30 AM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

How can a scientist say what does, and doesn't need A Creator? Have either of the authors you mentioned ever created anything in their lives?

Evolution is more like the product of denial with the purpose to satisfy materialistic persons. Men didn't even create the organisms they research to come up with that nonsense, therefore evolution isn't worthy of being classified with creation.

Well you would have to read the book. Also, I don't think evolution qualifies as a creation. But it is in not way a denial of anything.

I'm asking for you to give me a creation. To be honest, I don't believe in a creation. Therefore there cannot be a creator if there is not creation.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:39 AM
Jynocidus

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

Well you would have to read the book. Also, I don't think evolution qualifies as a creation. But it is in not way a denial of anything.

I'm asking for you to give me a creation. To be honest, I don't believe in a creation. Therefore there cannot be a creator if there is not creation.

...Neither of the authors have created anything, so there's no need to waste time reading about their speculation. Evolution definitely doesn't qualify for creation, I agree with you. However, evolution is a theory that steers away from animals and humans being created separately (denial), and instead lumps them together with the goal to justify claims of origin by mere similarities.

I can't give you a creation. Why don't you believe in a creation? Are you yourself not a creation? What about your flesh, blood, muscle, bone...were organic materials not created?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:50 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's so fictional about The Bible?

...Neither of the authors have created anything, so there's no need to waste time reading about their speculation. Evolution definitely doesn't qualify for creation, I agree with you. However, evolution is a theory that steers away from animals and humans being created separately (denial), and instead lumps them together with the goal to justify claims of origin by mere similarities.

I can't give you a creation. Why don't you believe in a creation? Are you yourself not a creation? What about your flesh, blood, muscle, bone...were organic materials not created?

Rather someone has or has not created anything is irrelevant. It leads to an ambiguous conclusion. It may or may not be possible to create.

Humans are animals. To say that they are not is denial. But again this is irrelevant to the topic.

I was created by my parents, but I know you are not talking about that kind of creation. You are talking about creating something from nothing. I personally believe that nothing can never exist for something to come from. Therefore, the universe is eternal. It simply changes over time, like the big bang. That is why I do not believe in a creation.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:58 AM
Jynocidus

Irrelevant to who? The Bible says that a sentient intelligence identified / accepted to be God made the heavens and the earth. So, I must ask about this presumed conclusion. Would it be selective, ambiguous, or a logical and sound conclusion? If it's not God....surely we would keep going with...a no limits fallacy? Where does it stop?

Humans are like animals, being material beings. Again, irrelevant to who though? The Bible says animals came first, then man. So how do we have a common ancestor, to have evolved from? Which one is fiction, The Bible or Evolution? I guess biologists want the building blocks, to make plants and animals artificially or something.

You were produced by your parents because even they aren't capable of creation. To say your parents didn't produce you is denial. It's relevant, because it correlates with events spoken of in that book.

If I'm not mistaken, there are some physicists that believe in "nothing," and speculate that it's unstable, always able to make "something" in regards to the universe's origins. How come "nothing" can be defined, or speculated about, if it doesn't exist? How can't you believe in something that is a recognizable value? Is it because it's invisible to you?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:55 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Irrelevant to who? The Bible says that a sentient intelligence identified / accepted to be God made the heavens and the earth. So, I must ask about this presumed conclusion. Would it be selective, ambiguous, or a logical and sound conclusion? If it's not God....surely we would keep going with...a no limits fallacy? Where does it stop?

Well, the bible was written by humans who according to you have never been able to create anything.
Humans are like animals, being material beings. Again, irrelevant to who though? The Bible says animals came first, then man. So how do we have a common ancestor, to have evolved from? Which one is fiction, The Bible or Evolution? I guess biologists want the building blocks, to make plants and animals artificially or something.

Again, the bible is just a book written by humans. We can look at the DNA of animals and see the connection. Of course the bible is not fact, and evolution is based on science.
You were produced by your parents because even they aren't capable of creation. To say your parents didn't produce you is denial. It's relevant, because it correlates with events spoken of in that book.

Of course my parents produced me. But they didn’t produce me from nothing.
If I'm not mistaken, there are some physicists that believe in "nothing," and speculate that it's unstable, always able to make "something" in regards to the universe's origins. How come "nothing" can be defined, or speculated about, if it doesn't exist? How can't you believe in something that is a recognizable value? Is it because it's invisible to you?

However, nothingness is so unstable that it could have never existed. That means there was always something. As far as your question; people can speculate about things that don’t exist. For example; the square root of -2.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:08 AM
Jynocidus

So what's not factual about the Bible?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:26 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well the bible is a mix of many books. Most of them are fictional stories, but there are books that talk about factual things, like how the Jewish people worshiped.

The creation story is just a story. We know that the Earth is much older then 6,000 years, and there in no way the human race could have come from two people. Adam and Eve's children would have had to merry each other, and that inbreeding would have killed all humans long ago.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:35 AM
Jynocidus

Well the bible is a mix of many books. Most of them are fictional stories, but there are books that talk about factual things, like how the Jewish people worshiped.

The creation story is just a story. We know that the Earth is much older then 6,000 years, and there in no way the human race could have come from two people. Adam and Eve's children would have had to merry each other, and that inbreeding would have killed all humans long ago.

Really? What books did the Bible take from?

How can we be so sure the Earth is much older than 6,000 years? Is it because of geologists looking at rocks, studying their formations and compositions and how elements are able to effect them over time? Fossil evidence? Carbon dating?

Just wondering...because the book says there is a being that can make heavens, and the earth in 7 days. I don't see why he couldn't make mountains and canyons any less astonishing as to baffle those who wonder about their origins.

Humans starting from 2 people is an interpretation. Regardless, if the Earth is older than 6,000 years....how long did it take humans to recognize each other as "equals?" Like...how come at one time, we apparently evolved from a common ancestor and were friends. A few thousand years later, we forgot? Had to re-establish it?

When we came from this common ancestor, were we adults or infants?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:52 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Really? What books did the Bible take from?

One example is the story of Gilgamesh which later got rewritten into the story of Noah.
How can we be so sure the Earth is much older than 6,000 years? Is it because of geologists looking at rocks, studying their formations and compositions and how elements are able to effect them over time? Fossil evidence? Carbon dating?

Zircon Crystals tell us how old the Earth is.
http://www.amnh.org/education/resou..._chronolgy.html
Just wondering...because the book says there is a being that can make heavens, and the earth in 7 days. I don't see why he couldn't make mountains and canyons any less astonishing as to baffle those who wonder about their origins.

Then why did god make the Earth look so old? Also, if the stars in the sky were only created 6,000 years ago, then we would not be able to see past 6,000 light years. Light from further away would not have gotten here yet. However, we can see galaxies that are billions of light years away.
Humans starting from 2 people is an interpretation. Regardless, if the Earth is older than 6,000 years....how long did it take humans to recognize each other as "equals?"

Do humans see each other are true equals now? I would have to say that hasn’t happened yet.
Like...how come at one time, we apparently evolved from a common ancestor and were friends. A few thousand years later, we forgot? Had to re-establish it?

Humans didn’t suddenly evolve from one species to another. It is an ongoing process that is so slow that we cannot perceive it. Humans have been doing what humans have always done long before we looked human.
When we came from this common ancestor, were we adults or infants?

Ha ha ha ha ha

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 05:07 AM
NemeBro

I don't think you understand how "burden of proof" works.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 05:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

{edit}

nah. Not worth it. You're literally espousing young earth creationism, yes? That's too steep a hill for me to climb right now. Insofar as this thread goes, though, I cosign Neme and Shakya's comments so far.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:56 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't think you understand how "burden of proof" works.

You want a scan of The Creator? Or do you accept the creation around you?

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 03:56 PM
Bardock42

Existence of the universe does not prove that there is a creator, in particular since there are many other, and some more plausible, explanations put forth as well.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 03:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote