KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » A question about Religious freedom of speech

A question about Religious freedom of speech
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

A question about Religious freedom of speech

So, alright people can be part of any and every religion, Scientology, Christianity, Judaism, Catholic, the list goes on and on. And thank to our first amendment, their allowed to express their religion. Now I'm totally fine with all religion, I'm agnostic/I don't give a shit, now we all obviously have different opinions on god, whether he exists or not and Atheist and Religious people often get into heated discussions and/or fights when they touch this subject, that's all fine and dandy, again I mostly don't care for Religion or Atheism. But there is one thing that has been bouncing inside my head for the last few months.

If all religions are accepted and protected by the first amendment, then, would that also include Satanism? Now you probably think i'm joking/trolling, but I'm being serious, would we as a Nation or hell(no pun-intended), would we as a WORLD need to one day accept Satanism as part of freedom of speech, religion and expression? Like i said, I'm Agnostic and I'm fine with all religions, however this one..... is Just sort of weird? i guess? I don't think i can describe how it feels when regarding this religion. But yeah, this is just a random question that just popped into my head and I'd like to hear your opinions.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 01:12 AM
Fated Xtasy is currently offline Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: A question about Religious freedom of speech

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So, alright people can be part of any and every religion, Scientology, Christianity, Judaism, Catholic, the list goes on and on. And thank to our first amendment, their allowed to express their religion. Now I'm totally fine with all religion, I'm agnostic/I don't give a shit, now we all obviously have different opinions on god, whether he exists or not and Atheist and Religious people often get into heated discussions and/or fights when they touch this subject, that's all fine and dandy, again I mostly don't care for Religion or Atheism. But there is one thing that has been bouncing inside my head for the last few months.

If all religions are accepted and protected by the first amendment, then, would that also include Satanism? Now you probably think i'm joking/trolling, but I'm being serious, would we as a Nation or hell(no pun-intended), would we as a WORLD need to one day accept Satanism as part of freedom of speech, religion and expression? Like i said, I'm Agnostic and I'm fine with all religions, however this one..... is Just sort of weird? i guess? I don't think i can describe how it feels when regarding this religion. But yeah, this is just a random question that just popped into my head and I'd like to hear your opinions.

I don't think Satanism is a real religion. There could be small groups out there that claim to be Satanists, but there is no Satanist religion. That being said, no one is going to get arrested for talking about Satanism, as long as they stay withing the law. In other words, its already protected.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 01:23 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

can someone bring up the "doctrines" of satanism? because in relation to freedom, i think everyone should enjoy freedom of religion so long as it is lawful - in a sense that nobody will be hurt, oppressed or even killed in the process...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 01:25 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Didn't the cast of jackass dress up as devils and hand out Satanist religious fliers in the street just to get a reaction?

Google it

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 04:12 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by dyajeep
can someone bring up the "doctrines" of satanism? because in relation to freedom, i think everyone should enjoy freedom of religion so long as it is lawful - in a sense that nobody will be hurt, oppressed or even killed in the process...

From what I've heard the main basis of Satanism is doing your personal will and opposing endoctrination from "light religions" that claim moral superiority over others. The actual metaphysical aspect of that is a mystery to me though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 06:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Scoobless
Didn't the cast of jackass dress up as devils and hand out Satanist religious fliers in the street just to get a reaction?

Google it

Never liked that show.

This is funny though.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 07:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote