KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Would you sell your soul?

Would you sell your soul?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Would you sell your soul?

For those here who do AND dont believe in the hereafter...

$1,000,000.12, after taxes. In return you sign a piece of paper with the words MY SOUL written across the middle, and a line at the bottom for your signature.

Thats it.
No further obligation on your part at all.

Yes or no, why why not.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 04:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. My soul is much more valuable to me than any amount of money.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 05:11 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Eh, it'd be at least a bit suspicious. Why would I want that much money anyways? I guess you could use it to do good deeds and regain your soul like in a movie but why get the money if you are going to just do good with it?

Is this a supernatural entity asking for souls or just a dude?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 05:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This is a guy who'd leave because you couldnt make up your mind. wink

As for it being a supernatural being, there's no such thing ( right?). Just an eccentric millionaire and easy cash....

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 08:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would give you a piece of paper with my soul and my signature written on it for a free burrito from taco bell.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:38 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't think I would sell my figurative soul for money. I get this is a rich man with the right to do whatever he wants with his cash, but I don't have to humor his idiocy and trolling.

Maybe I would sing a different tune if I actually needed the money, but I don't, so I get to refuse and make witty replies

Eh, who am I kidding, the chance of doing some witty replies is worth my life thumb up

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
i would give you a piece of paper with my soul and my signature written on it for a free burrito from taco bell.

The tacobell offer would be more honest form a money-thrown-away standpoint. But then you can get offended by how much meals they are willing to pay for your soul.

This is why the devil lets the people propose a price for their souls.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wouldn't be offended i would just think they are either slow or insane.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:42 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

i wouldn't be offended i would just think they are either slow or insane.

What would be really cool is to resell a second paper that says soul for another round.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:43 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

what would be funny is if they turn around and use my signature to somehow steal my identity and plunge me into debt.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:45 AM
Bentley
Seitei

what would be funny is if they turn around and use my signature to somehow steal my identity and plunge me into debt.

That's even darker than going to hell no expression

This idea of selling souls to pay for food reminded me of this:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:47 AM
riv6672

I don't think I would sell my figurative soul for money. I get this is a rich man with the right to do whatever he wants with his cash, but I don't have to humor his idiocy and trolling.
how is this trolling? Idiotic, i can see, as he's spending a lot of money for "nothing". But how is it trolling? I really think i'm going to get a kick out of the answer.

Maybe I would sing a different tune if I actually needed the money, but I don't...
really? Yeah i call BS on that but its not a major point, just you posturing.

Eh, who am I kidding, the chance of doing some witty replies is worth my life
this one's way too easy...big grin

Last edited by riv6672 on Nov 7th, 2014 at 09:50 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:47 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by riv6672
how is this trolling? Idiotic, i can see, as he's spending a lot of money for "nothing". But how is it trolling? I really think i'm going to get a kick out of the answer. [/B]

Well, I don't see any reason to do something like giving money for figurative souls other than trolling. I guess you could be an entire moron of a fool, which would make me an abusive bastard if I actually took the money. In either case, no point in taking money I don't need.

You see, if the question was asked by a supernatural being at least these moral complications of jumping like a lapdog for a rich moron or abusing a crazy person wouldn't appear.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:53 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would rationalize abusing the crazy person by telling myself that i will spend the money better than they would and not waste it on dumb shit like a piece of paper with some nonsense scribbled on it. probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbh.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:57 AM
riv6672

@Bentley

Your reasoning isnt as funny as i'd hoped, but still nutty as squirrel poop. laughing out loud

Also, i never said the person was or wasnt supernatural. We have a lot of posters here who dont believe in the supernatural, and would bog the thread down with THAT instead of just answering the question.

By leaving it ambiguous i'm trying to get at something else altogether.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:01 AM
Bentley
Seitei

i would rationalize abusing the crazy person by telling myself that i will spend the money better than they would and not waste it on dumb shit like a piece of paper with some nonsense scribbled on it. probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbh.

I guess that if the person in question was actually crazy you could actually help him better than he can help himself, so getting his money and using it to safely keep him from doing stupid would be the moral thing to do.

Me, I wouldn't want to waste my time with them, I'm not that much of a goody two-shoes.

I like your rationalisation though.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:02 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by riv6672
By leaving it ambiguous i'm trying to get at something else altogether.

Yes that makes sense, good point.

I'm not really materialistic myself, I'm more of a pragmatist. Money is a hassle, and even if it's "free" it's never really free, you have to take care of it, invest it, putting on savings and feed a bunch of parasites that will distribute it for you. This is also why I think the Tacobell meal is more appealing as a whole. At this point in life I can't say I care much for having lot's of savings.

But mostly, I'm like Peter Quill:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:05 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

you sound like you've never been broke in your life.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:09 AM
Bentley
Seitei

you sound like you've never been broke in your life.

I can't say I've been broke. Here in France is pretty easy to live by the day without being miserable, I come from a low outcome family so I'm savvy and I've gone from being essentially homeless to a rather average income without much care.

It's an exceptional thing in it's own way and I can see that most people on the world would have a very different mindset than me on the subject. Which is totally justified if you ask me, it just happens to be pretty different than my personal experience.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:16 AM
riv6672

I like your Quill reference.

That said, i'm hoping for more than just you commenting in this thread, as the point i wanted to explore is getting hopelessly lost, no offense.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:26 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

so you're not wealthy? do you have any idea how much fun you can have with a million dollars? it's not about being materialistic. you could take a year off and travel the world. money can absolutely buy happiness son.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:27 AM