KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The death penalty

The death penalty
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

The death penalty

Are you for or against the death penalty?
If you're religious, does your religion's view on the death penalty match your own?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 12:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have mixed feelings on the issue now. I used to be 100% for it all the way. But, with all the executions that've been botched lately here in the U.S. I've began to question wether it should continue to be used or not. I do believe that some of the ones put to death though deserve to suffer just as much as their victims did. Like Clayton Lockett, for example. I think he should've been shot with a shotgun and then buried alive just like he did to that young girl he killed. It's really sick to bury people alive and that's one of the many reasons (their beheadings are another) our government needs to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth as soon as possible.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 12:48 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Damn, you just opened a whole potential can of worms...laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 12:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I agree with it only in cases that have 100% certainty of guilt. Seeing as how people are still being released from death row means that innocent lives are being lost.

By 100% certainty I mean thing like mass shootings or bombings or things of a nature where there are multiple witnesses and maybe even video evidence to show the person doing the deed. Unfortunately fingerprints and DNA are easily planted this day and age

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:22 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don’t believe in the death penalty. The reason is because I believe in reincarnation. If you kill a monster in this life, it will return in a future life. I say, put the person in jail for the rest of their life. Maybe they will change before they die.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:27 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don’t believe in the death penalty. The reason is because I believe in reincarnation. If you kill a monster in this life, it will return in a future life. I say, put the person in jail for the rest of their life. Maybe they will change before they die.

But the people don't remember their old life right? So isn't there an equal chance they are a decent person in the next life? Or do you believe their personality or "badness" survives?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:50 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by juggerman
But the people don't remember their old life right? So isn't there an equal chance they are a decent person in the next life? Or do you believe their personality or "badness" survives?

Their Karma survives.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:07 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

But does having a ton of bad Karma make one a bad person?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:09 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by juggerman
But does having a ton of bad Karma make one a bad person?

That is too simplistic. The things you do, think, feel and experience over time makes up your Karma. If you have spent your life being selfish and brutal to others, why would you change? And that's the key. People can change, but if they are executed before they have a change to change, then they would continue in the next life.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:13 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Damn, you just opened a whole potential can of worms...laughing out loud

Why? Because of the ISIS comment?

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 06:40 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm all for it and I always will be. Not just because I'm a former prison correctional officer, too.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Star428
Why? Because of the ISIS comment?

That and your other example yeah.
Surprised no one jumped on them.

I happen to agree with you BTW, probably am more hardline on the subject really.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 11:15 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think some people like the charles manson types who are obviously guilty and evil as **** should be taken out back and shot. no appeals or anything like that. but only if it's an open an shut case like say a saddam hussein type character. there's really no doubting they are guilty and should die. for ordinary run of the mill murders and shit, i say death row is too costly and counter productive. so either find some way to streamline that shit and make it cheaper or just lock them up for life and throw away the key. seems dumb to waste money on killing them with the current system just for the sake of vicarious revenge.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 11:39 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Understandable reasoning.
I'm more of a you're guilty you're dead type of guy, so streamlining the process i heartily support.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 11:44 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: The death penalty

It's an expensive and ineffective deterrent for crime with innumerable records of wrongful executions past on the basis of a legal representation which quality is heavily influenced by defendant's financial status. On top of that it prolongs the suffering of victim and the families involved.

Of course I support it!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:00 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good to see you're a glass half full kind of guy!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:20 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I like to think of myself as the kind of guy that would patent the cure for cancer and then overprice the treatment and take legal action against everyone who uses it without the rights.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:41 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah you actually arent too hard to figure out.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:43 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Understandable reasoning.
I'm more of a you're guilty you're dead type of guy, so streamlining the process i heartily support.
i wouldn't mind it if it could be done without error. i don't think we're at that point yet to do it reliably enough without making it super expensive but i can't honestly say i know that much about it so i could be wrong.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:35 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You arent wrong per say, but, the endless appeals process is an issue.

This has really gotten away from religion as a topic. Just saying, thst wasnt my intent.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:55 AM