KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the O.T. says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason with God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths.

We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses.

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 09:53 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:

Disagree.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

How can literalists reason with God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the mind as it is pure idol worship.

We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses.

Regards
DL

Are you Lucifer?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:13 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1)... not a copout in every argument...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:09 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Regards
DL

I would say all faith, but blind faith and literalism does trap the mind.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:16 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No it doesn't, you're wrong

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:19 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would say all faith, but blind faith and literalism does trap the mind.

Typo

I wouldn't say all faith, but...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:49 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Thanks to all.

I see that believers deny my claim yet do not deny that they are idol worshipers.

You believers also offer no apology against me and thus show that I am basically correct.

If you could refute me in any way, you know you would.

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 05:29 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Thanks to all.

I see that believers deny my claim yet do not deny that they are idol worshipers.

You believers also offer no apology against me and thus show that I am basically correct.

Regards
DL

ah no... don't patronize yourself... i see at least two others (besides myself) disagreeing with what you said... faith comes with reason, and vice-versa in Christianity...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 04:35 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by dyajeep
ah no... don't patronize yourself... i see at least two others (besides myself) disagreeing with what you said... faith comes with reason, and vice-versa in Christianity...

Reason and logic do not mix with faith. Faith without facts is for fools and you have no facts that you can show for following what can be shown to be an immoral son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:08 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Reason and logic do not mix with faith. Faith without facts is for fools and you have no facts that you can show for following what can be shown to be an immoral son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

What stops you from killing yourself? Is it because you have faith that perhaps tomorrow will be better than today?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Stoic
What stops you from killing yourself? Is it because you have faith that perhaps tomorrow will be better than today?

It's deeper then that. We all have an instinct to survive.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:28 AM
Stoic
Avenger

It's deeper then that. We all have an instinct to survive.

But doesn't rational thought supersede instinct? I mean the way that he was writing you would think so. Right?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Stoic
But doesn't rational thought supersede instinct? I mean the way that he was writing you would think so. Right?

No, he's just as delusional as you are. wink stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:35 AM
Stoic
Avenger

No, he's just as delusional as you are. wink stick out tongue

There's a little room left in the boat for you by the way.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:37 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Regards
DL

You must lead a miserable life.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 03:43 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You must lead a miserable life.

So, you think that people who are of a religion then you live a miserable life? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 04:50 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Why would I do that? You seem happy with your beliefs, should I coerce you into stopping thinking the way you do?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 07:08 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Re: Re: Re: Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

So, you think that people who are of a religion then you live a miserable life? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did I say that? I'm only making an observation based on the tone of most of his posts/threads.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:43 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Did I say that? I'm only making an observation based on the tone of most of his posts/threads.

You should also read what people say to him.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 04:47 PM