KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is God the epitome of both good and evil?

Is God the epitome of both good and evil?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

God claims to be the epitome of all attributes and commands that we place no one above him for any of them.

We are not to see or name anyone as more moral, more loving, more just, more compassionate or more of any other attributes we can name. Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there.

Believers will know that since in the beginning there was only God, then all that is must have emanated from God as the only possible source of anything and everything.

All good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God.

If all good and evil come from God and he loves himself as well as his neighbors, not that he could have any, then God must love both his good side and his evil side.

Is that why God does not rid this world of evil? Because God loves evil?

Does God also gain pleasure from evil as this quote indicates?

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 02:19 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So I'm guessing you have a scripture that says god is the lowest of the lowest and there is nobody more evil than he is?

Because otherwise your hypothesis is based in no evidence or whatsoever.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 07:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
So I'm guessing you have a scripture that says god is the lowest of the lowest and there is nobody more evil than he is?

As if the bible was evidence of anything.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 07:27 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
As if the bible was evidence of anything.

He's the one citing Révélations stick out tongue

Also the Bible is proof for a lot of things, just not everything people want it to be proof about.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 07:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He's the one citing Révélations stick out tongue

Also the Bible is proof for a lot of things, just not everything people want it to be proof about.

He has a different interpretation of Revelations. The Christians have one interpretation and the Gnostic have another. All we have is interpretations.

The only thing the bible is proof of is that it is a book.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 07:58 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The only thing the bible is proof of is that it is a book.

Come on Shaky, it clearly proves that you can translate lot's of stuff too, and that lot's of traditions are built into abrahamic religions. It could also serve as an example of early war propaganda earning it's cultural place.

Admit you were wrong in your statement evil face

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 08:24 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Come on Shaky, it clearly proves that you can translate lot's of stuff too, and that lot's of traditions are built into abrahamic religions. It could also serve as an example of early war propaganda earning it's cultural place.

Admit you were wrong in your statement evil face

All of what you just said is part of the book. Some people believe that the bible is the WORD OF GOD!!!!. And for proof they use the bible. laughing out loud The bible is not proof that it is the WORD OF GOD!!!!

If we both agree that the bible is just a book, then we can talk about the stories within. Some of the bible is proof of things that happened in the past, in the same way that Gone With the Wind is proof that a Civil War took place in the 1860's. Although that proof could be very difficult to verify.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 04:19 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Again, I don't think we actually disagree in the subject, what is probably more specific to the question is that the Bible is not even enough to be used as proof of what Christianity "should be" since there are may ways to read it.

That's an expectation that is less far fetched than being the World of god but it's still something people might want to find in the text -and are likely to fail by trying-.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 04:33 PM
dyajeep

no one should be embarrassed in quoting or citing Bible verses... problem is, by using the premise that the Bible is just a book, it already makes the Bible null and void in the argument and that what this great pretender wants everyone to feel...

your unrivaled hate on the Bible and Christianity is clear...

so why God does not rid this world of evil?

"Because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."
Acts 17:31

God appointed a day for it, so don't rush things... it will come someday... and when that time comes, i hope the pretender remembers me...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 02:37 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

I do not but wait to see who will put a name above God's for evil.

The only evidence, a poor word, is what the bible says.

Which character in the bible do you see as the most evil?

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 04:52 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by dyajeep
no one should be embarrassed in quoting or citing Bible verses... problem is, by using the premise that the Bible is just a book, it already makes the Bible null and void in the argument and that what this great pretender wants everyone to feel...

so why God does not rid this world of evil?

"Because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."
Acts 17:31

God appointed a day for it, so don't rush things... it will come someday... and when that time comes, i hope the pretender remembers me...

Leave it to you to try to deflect from the topic that you could not speak to as you would condemn your God.

No problem though as you make my point even in deflecting.

You say God will judge the world in righteousness.

Can a judge who sets and accepts bribes, or sacrifices to alter his judgements a righteous judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as God’s first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a righteous judge?

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 04:59 PM
Greatest I am

[B]no one should be embarrassed in quoting or citing Bible verses... problem is, by using the premise that the Bible is just a book, it already makes the Bible null and void in the argument and that what this great pretender wants everyone to feel...

Your judgement is quite poor.

The bible was instrumental in helping me push my apotheosis. I just read it the right way while you do not.

In fact, I have Jesus' quotes that I use quite often. Just not the one you use as your church will never teach you the truth.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Listen to more below where I use what Jesus said. That would be the second lin. The firdt is just history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0...;list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alR...player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human.

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 05:08 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Can a judge who sets and accepts bribes, or sacrifices to alter his judgements a righteous judge?

that's based on your presumption... but the Bible states that God doesn't take bribes (Deuteronomy 10:17)...

The bible was instrumental in helping me push my apotheosis. I just read it the right way while you do not.

In fact, I have Jesus' quotes that I use quite often. Just not the one you use as your church will never teach you the truth.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human.

your truth is not THE truth... and based on these posts, it's your judgment that is poor... one moment, you're preaching that God is evil, now you're saying becoming God is to become fully human? i think you're confused... please compose yourself...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 04:27 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you....

I like this one.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 01:40 AM
Greatest I am

that's based on your presumption... but the Bible states that God doesn't take bribes (Deuteronomy 10:17)...

your truth is not THE truth... and based on these posts, it's your judgment that is poor... one moment, you're preaching that God is evil, now you're saying becoming God is to become fully human? i think you're confused... please compose yourself...

I do not seek a guy in the sky like fools do.

As Jesus said. Have you forgotten that you are a God?

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 03:14 PM
dyajeep

I do not seek a guy in the sky like fools do.

Regards
DL

Jesus would never say that... don't drag Him with your stupid reasoning... this is what Jesus said in the Bible:

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, you are gods?
If he called them gods to whom the word of God came
(and scripture cannot be broken),"
John 10:34-35

Jesus said that "you" are gods... the "you" there are those people whom the word of God came... Jesus quoted this in the book of Psalms:

"I said, You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High."
Psalms 82:6

the "gods" there are the children of God, people whom the word of God came...

and Jesus Himself pointed where God the Father is:

"Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."
Matthew 6:9

"When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee,"
John 17:1

God the Father is in heaven...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 02:12 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. God has no evil in Him at all. He is only good. Once again, the OP posts lies about the almighty.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 02:23 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
LOL. God has no evil in Him at all. He is only good. Once again, the OP posts lies about the almighty.

Truth, I actually think the OP is Lucifer. I have never seen such deception in all my life.

GIA: COME AND GET ME BOY!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 02:24 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regards
DL

He never said that, and you are a liar and deceiver and a coward. No one here believes a word you say.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 02:28 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Truth, I actually think the OP is Lucifer. I have never seen such deception in all my life.

GIA: COME AND GET ME BOY!

I seriously doubt he's the devil himself because I doubt Satan would lower himself to posting on a message board where mostly geeks congregate. Plus, his time on this earth is nearing an end (and he knows it) so he is probably busy doing better things with what little time he has left before he (and the rest of the fallen angels/demons)is locked in the bottomless pit for a thousand years and completely removed from God's presence. Though I do think that the OP may be a willing agent of Satan considering all the deceitful stuff he posts on an almost daily basis.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 02:36 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote