KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Increase in exorcism demand ascribed to 'Pope Francis' effect

Increase in exorcism demand ascribed to 'Pope Francis' effect
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pope encourages more exorcisms

Pope Francis encourages more exorcisms to take place:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Po...=1616660_041420

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:45 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What's your opinion on this development, Star?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:49 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're asking me if I believe in demons and/or the devil then my answer is most certainly yes. I've stated my beliefs on this subject in many other threads. However, I think genuine demon possession is extremely rare but it has happened on multiple occasions throughout history. Jesus Himself exorcised many unclean spirits/demons from many different people. The film the Exorcist is based on a true story too of a young boy who had a demon exorcised from him in the 40's.

Ghosts, I do not believe in but demons I do.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Apr 14th, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:59 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

As a believer in the supernatural, i think this should have been kept quiet.
Why?
Because many more of these cases are people with psychological problems than are actual possessions. Todays "smart marks" are going to insist on spinning heads and pea soup barf or get out, every time a priest is called in, and cry bullshit when that doesnt happen, regardless of wether the priest's presence actually helped.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 12:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that the Pope encouraging more exorcisms is a bad idea, nonetheless. It will only lead to more hoaxes and people falsely claiming they are possessed just so they can get attention. I think declaring someone genuinely possessed should only happen if the strictest requirement criteria for them being so are met. Otherwise, every Tom, Dick, and Harry will be claiming they're possessed because they're hoping they will be put on the news and become famous.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 12:32 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
As a believer in the supernatural, i think this should have been kept quiet.
Why?
Because many more of these cases are people with psychological problems than are actual possessions. Todays "smart marks" are going to insist on spinning heads and pea soup barf or get out, every time a priest is called in, and cry bullshit when that doesnt happen, regardless of wether the priest's presence actually helped.

My thoughts exactly.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 12:32 PM
bluewaterrider

Todays "smart marks" are going to insist on spinning heads and pea soup barf or get out, every time a priest is called in, and cry bullshit when that doesnt happen, regardless of wether the priest's presence actually helped.

Originally posted by Star428
My thoughts exactly.

confused

Translate to English, please?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 01:14 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

Translate to English, please?

A thought is the result or product of either a spontaneous or willed act of thinking.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 01:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Weird statement. The previous pope did build a new exorcism department if I recall correctly. For the propose of training priests and dealing with odd cases.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 01:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Pope encourages more exorcisms

Originally posted by Star428
Pope Francis encourages more exorcisms to take place:...

Are we still in the dark ages?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:23 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Are we still in the dark ages?

Find a document attesting more exorcisms were needed in the Dark Ages or stop criticizing medieval culture without proof.

stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 04:37 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^OMG you frikkin' KILLED me with that one...laughing yes laughing

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 10:27 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Exorcisms. Youtube.

Match made in heaven.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:31 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Renamed for accuracy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bentley
Find a document attesting more exorcisms were needed in the Dark Ages or stop criticizing medieval culture without proof.
stick out tongue

Prove that demons exist in the first place. :P If demons do not exist (and they don't) then exorcisms are never needed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 06:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
(and they don't)

Proof?

Let me save you time. You can provide none.
Advice: lighten up and stop belittling others' beliefs, Shaky. It reflects badly on any viable arguments you DO make in these threads.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 10:26 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't bother wasting my time with Shak if I were u, riv.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 10:44 PM
riv6672

Yeah, i guess. Not trying to be a dick, it just gets old.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:28 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Proof?...

Proof doesn't matter to you?

Exorcism is barbaric. Many times people who are mentally ill are denied proper medical care for the equivalent of witch doctors performing ceremonies.

All I want is a little proof. Otherwise it just doesn't fly.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:40 PM
bluewaterrider

Proof?

I'm curious as to why YOU believe in demons.

It's part and parcel of Christianity; I wasn't aware Asatru had any claim to them.

I've seen the Asatru terms Aesir and Vanir; both types of beings would be considered demons in Christianity (nearly all gods from other religions are), but somehow I don't think Asatru itself would consider the likes of Odin, or Thor, or Freya as demons within its own belief system. (Maybe Loki might be considered one, but, I'm not sure Loki occupies a place in the religion anywhere similar to the one he holds in Norse Mythology ... )

Explain, please.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:43 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote