KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-...player_embedded

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Regards
DL

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:02 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The golden rule was created by humans.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:48 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

i thought jesus was the creator of the golden rule. some could argue by extention God did i suppose

i always figured it was a human thought to better ourselves with a small thought that had the possibility of snowballing into something great

Old Post May 25th, 2015 06:10 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The golden rule was created by humans.

I agree and would add all other things we attribute to the Gods.

This Gnostic Christian’s saying. My God is I am. I am God.

The only God fit to rule men and women is a man or a woman. That is how it has always been and all we have ever had. Who but a man or woman can express the will of God? There have always only been men and women of good hearts able to express God’s real will. Archetypal Jesus and his wife preached to seek God perpetually, --- even after finding a bit of God or Goddess within the self. We are to perpetually raise the bar of excellence for ourselves, our God. Be a God and brethren to a less literal Jesus. Free yourself from your self-imposed bondage and seek Gnosis. This begins by recognizing that both Yahweh, and by association, the Westernized Jesus, as being evil and quite immoral. We do endorse the more Eastern esoteric Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alR...player_embedded

Regards
DL

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:09 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i thought jesus was the creator of the golden rule. some could argue by extention God did i suppose

i always figured it was a human thought to better ourselves with a small thought that had the possibility of snowballing into something great

This reciprocity rule is in all major religious theologies and secular philosophies.

Many of these pre-date Christianity.

Read the Book of the Dead fort instance and you will se what is basically the 10 commandments.

<http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html>

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Regards
DL

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

God doesn't even follow the commandments. The whole "thou shall not kill" thing. Notice it doesn't say "thou shall not kill..unless thou art punishing the wicked, then near genocide is acceptable".

That sounds like something a parent says to a young child: do as I say not as I do.

Old Post May 30th, 2015 05:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Surtur
God doesn't even follow the commandments. The whole "thou shall not kill" thing. Notice it doesn't say "thou shall not kill..unless thou art punishing the wicked, then near genocide is acceptable".

That sounds like something a parent says to a young child: do as I say not as I do.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Surtur

Many parents do say that but not the good ones.

If God does then he is quite the immoral parent.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:15 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Greatest I am

here we go again...

you're just lucky that most people comments on your posts are either atheists, people who hate God, and people who don't understand Christianity...

"And He said to them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Mark 2:27-28

the problem here is, you treat God as if He was someone who is on our level, i.e. on a human being level... maybe you forgot that God is the creator...

but scrap that, since most of you don't believe in God anyway... and comparing Him to humans exposes your error in your knowledge about God (Biblically speaking)...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:30 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote