KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?

Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Have you seen this rather well done movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

They end asking about a God who tortures babies as God did to King David’s baby.
God also killed many innocent babies in his great flood as well as the innocent first born of Egypt.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot...kills-baby.html

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 02:56 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:03 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
No.

And your thoughts on the bible God that does?

Many Christians say no but say God can do whatever he likes because he created us and owns us.

I hope you are better than those.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:11 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It needs to be said that not a single evil act God did was "justified". It has only ever been just in a "right makes right" kind of way.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Yes, as long as it's only baby Hitler. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:44 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though torturing God as a baby would be even more okay then Hitler as a baby.

Well, we know the true reason Jesus got put down. Sins of the father and all that.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Give that you cite the Bible, I'm assuming this is a Christian question. The Bible has the potential sacrificing of Isaac, Isaac had a clue as to what was going on. Christianity seems to be centered on the crucifixion of Christ. Also, there are OT references to killing infants (e.g. Egypt last plague). I believe anyone subscribing to Judaeo-Christian belief must accept that infant torture could be justified.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:59 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by Greatest I am
And your thoughts on the bible God that does?

Many Christians say no but say God can do whatever he likes because he created us and owns us.

I hope you are better than those.

Regards
DL

The god from the bible is a tyrant, in my opinion.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:33 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heh, calling God merely a tyrant is like calling a KKK Grand Wizard merely a "little bit" racist.

We are talking about..the worst tyrants in human history don't even hold a candle to good ol' Yahweh.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:13 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess it's a good thing then that God doesn't really care about your opinion.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:21 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Greatest I am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI
An alternative metaphor to the Abrahamic God...

"God...likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with. But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

"You may ask why God sometimes hides in the form of horrible people, or pretends to be people who suffer great disease and pain. Remember, first, that he isn't really doing this to anyone but himself. Remember, too, that in almost all the stories you enjoy there have to be bad people as well as good people, for the thrill of the tale is to find out how the good people will get the better of the bad."

-- Alan Watts, excerpt from, The Book: the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Star428

How in the hell would you know?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess it is also a good thing that God being a tyrant isn't just an opinion.

Also please, just stop: if God did not care about peoples opinions then the f*cker wouldn't include a bunch of commandments about how you can't worship other people or any of that. Yep, totally sounds like someone who doesn't care!

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:27 PM
Trocity

Originally posted by Surtur
if God did not care about peoples opinions then the f*cker wouldn't include a bunch of commandments about how you can't worship other people or any of that. Yep, totally sounds like someone who doesn't care!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:43 PM
Greatest I am

It needs to be said that not a single evil act God did was "justified". It has only ever been just in a "right makes right" kind of way.

I agree and see that as quite immoral.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:06 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Yes, as long as it's only baby Hitler. stick out tongue

Yes but then God would have to answer for creating the little monster in the first place.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:07 PM
Greatest I am

Though torturing God as a baby would be even more okay then Hitler as a baby.

Well, we know the true reason Jesus got put down. Sins of the father and all that.

20/20

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:08 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Regret
Give that you cite the Bible, I'm assuming this is a Christian question. The Bible has the potential sacrificing of Isaac, Isaac had a clue as to what was going on. Christianity seems to be centered on the crucifixion of Christ. Also, there are OT references to killing infants (e.g. Egypt last plague). I believe anyone subscribing to Judaeo-Christian belief must accept that infant torture could be justified.

And many do, --- showing how a religion can corrupt a persons morals.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:10 PM
Greatest I am

I agree. If he and hell were real, he would belong in it.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:12 PM
Greatest I am

Huh??

Then why does he threaten to send us to hell for putting a better God above him, which is what any moral person would do?

Regards
DL

P.S.
Are you going to answer the question in the O.P?

Last edited by Greatest I am on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:14 PM