KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does Christianity preach tolerance or intolerance?

Does Christianity preach tolerance or intolerance?
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Does Christianity preach tolerance or intolerance?

Discuss.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:08 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Depends on the particular sect. The bible can be interpreted either way obviously, though the Jesus parts seem to be leaning towards tolerance heavily. However you can see how many intolerant Christians there are, so, like with most religion, you can justify basically any of your beliefs based on it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:15 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

tolerant towards some ( in this case people)

intolerant to those against the internal laws and beliefs of the church

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 08:49 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Jesus preached tolerance, but non-secular Christianity as a whole, for the most part, is pretty intolerant.

Howdy!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 08:59 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Jesus preached tolerance ...

He actually did not.
Please click and read the following article.

http://jamedders.com/jesus-is-totally-intolerant/#

Note that I would suggest an Authorized King James Version of the Bible be used in place of the ESV quoted for scripture in the above article, but have little if any disagreement with what the author has written or presented regarding this topic outside of that.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 10:54 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tolerance or intolerance isn't a byproduct of religion, it's mankind.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 04:08 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by psmith81992
Tolerance or intolerance isn't a byproduct of religion, it's mankind.

so is religion. thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 04:21 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Religion, yes. God Himself? Nope. Man is a byproduct of God. Not the other way around. thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 05:38 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh right we're presupposing that god is real...i'm sorry.

what i meant to say was: "so is religion (except of course for your One True Religion)" thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 05:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus didn't preach tolerance, you liberal turds. Neither does the bible.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 05:48 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
so is religion. thumb up

So is moral relativism and political ideology thumb up

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 06:10 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Well...uh...yes. agreed. Your point?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 06:11 PM
Ionceknewu
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh right we're presupposing that god is real...i'm sorry.

what i meant to say was: "so is religion (except of course for your One True Religion)" thumb up

Of course God is real, isn't the miracle of creation proof enough for you liberal.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 06:48 PM
Ionceknewu is currently offline Click here to Send Ionceknewu a Private Message Find more posts by Ionceknewu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i get it now! god's existence is proof that creation is a miracle! and to further your point, wouldn't that in turn prove that god exists? i've been so blind!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:02 PM
Ionceknewu
Restricted

Account Restricted

i get it now! god's existence is proof that creation is a miracle! and to further your point, wouldn't that in turn prove that god exists? i've been so blind!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:07 PM
Ionceknewu is currently offline Click here to Send Ionceknewu a Private Message Find more posts by Ionceknewu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ionceknewu
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile But God is real, I read it in a book.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:07 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

eeeh laying it on too thick. reel it back a bit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:09 PM
Ionceknewu
Restricted

Account Restricted

eeeh laying it on too thick. reel it back a bit.

Always my problem sadly, I just can't help veering into the ludicrous and ridiculous. I get carried away, and it stops being zany and ends up disturbing and surreal. Anyhooo have a good evening.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:13 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ionceknewu
Of course God is real, isn't the miracle of creation proof enough for you liberal.

OF course it isn't enough for them because they're stubborn. They'd rather believe everything came into being out of absolutely NOTHING and for no reason other than being an accident. LMAO. And they claim they're the "logical" ones. laughing out loud

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Oct 8th, 2015 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:14 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Ooo nice one! Get the net!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 07:16 PM