KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » YAHWEH: The 3-in-1 God

YAHWEH: The 3-in-1 God
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

YAHWEH: The 3-in-1 God

Some of those of us who are Christians mistakenly believe that YAHWEH, the only real God in the universe, the God of Israel, is just the Father of the Holy Trinity. That belief however, is blatantly wrong. The 3 entities of the Holy Trinity-the Father, the Son (The Word, Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit-together make up the almighty creator YAHWEH. Here's an article on more info of the 3-in-1 nature of YAHWEH:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Yahweh.html

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 10:36 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He sounds like a proton.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 12:09 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: YAHWEH: The 3-in-1 God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
the only real God in the universe, the God of Israel
God of the entire Universe, but an insignificant fraction of material, on an insignificant hunk of rock and metal, tucked away in an insignificant arm of an insignificant galaxy, in an insignificant cluster, is so important to him that it screams to be recognized on equal footing.

God is f*cking boring.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 11:34 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
only real God in the universe

Says who? People? Nah, i dont buy it.
People are biased, fallable, ignorant (not stupid, ignorant)...they/we cant ever say for certain.
I take everything on faith with a grain of salt.
Whole religion is fun to debate and think about, no one can say they're 100% right without having a huge ego/blind spot.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So if God is Jesus then why does anyone ever try to imply that Jesus dying on the cross was some big sacrifice for humanity on his part?

Also God impregnated his own mother apparently then.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 02:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Surtur
So if God is Jesus then why does anyone ever try to imply that Jesus dying on the cross was some big sacrifice for humanity on his part?

Probably because Jesus wasn't using "I can't die" power then and actually did experience death as a mortal man.
Also, if the text is to be believed, it was absolutely undeserved.

And it hurt.

A lot.

Also God impregnated his own mother apparently then.

Or daughter, even.
Why didn't you go with "daughter"?
God was here first, right?

Tell me, Surtur, do you lie awake at night wondering how doctors get away with cutting men open in rooms full of witnesses?
Or why they aren't prosecuted regularly for assault with deadly weapons on unconscious and defenseless women?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 03:42 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But Jesus was immortal and rose again 3 days later. He lost a weekend, not his life. He wasn't the first person to endure pain for others, and those people didn't get to rise up again a few days later.

Also saying he got his daughter pregnant just makes it more creepy. But then if you consider any person a daughter or son of God then boy howdy has he murdered a lot of his kids. But hey he endured some pain for a bit so it's all good.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 24th, 2015 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 03:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

3 gods for the price of 1...not bad.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 03:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

But Jesus was immortal ...

Not when he got crucified, he wasn't.

... and rose again 3 days later. He lost a weekend, not his life.

Bible says he lost his life.

As for "weekend", how much time did you want him to lose? The three days was a prophesied time. If he were to fulfill what was written about him, he couldn't allow years, months, or even weeks to pass.

He wasn't the first person to endure pain for others, and those people didn't get to rise up again a few days later.

True, but the idea is that eventually some people WILL get to rise up again because of what Jesus did. Also, even the Bible supports the idea that the dead are unaware of what transpires even a moment after death.
Before, that is, the resurrection.

Also saying he got his daughter pregnant just makes it more creepy. But then if you consider any person a daughter or son of God then boy howdy has he murdered a lot of his kids. But hey he endured some pain for a bit so it's all good.

I notice you completely ignored my question to you concerning doctors.
Understandably so. Whatever answer you gave to that would have to admit that there is a distinction even among people, let alone other beings, and that our language reflects that reality. A doctor cutting open people doesn't get charged with assault with a deadly weapon under normal conditions of course, because of who he is, and for what reason he's performing his actions. And how. There is a difference between surgery and a random stabbing for instance. The violent mugger on the street with a blade in hand is not comparable to Ben Carson working hard to save the life of a twin, for instance.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 04:25 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Probably because Jesus wasn't using "I can't die" power then and actually did experience death as a mortal man.
Also, if the text is to be believed, it was absolutely undeserved.

And it hurt.

A lot.

Not to mention how humiliating it was also. People were laughing and spitting on Him and mocking Him. LOL@ Surtur's "he only lost a weekend" comment. He was tortured and died one of the worst ways a person can ever be killed. A very slow excruciatingly painful death. He was dead for three days. That's a FACT. He wasn't sleeping or just unconscious FFS. As far as troll posts go, Surtur's is one of the most stupid ridiculous ones I've ever read and it's why I long ago chose to ignore his comments on anything religion-related. It's my own fault I guess for reading your quote of him.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 24th, 2015 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:23 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this comment. Are you trolling?

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 24th, 2015 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't answer your question about doctors because it was just rambling nonsense. It doesn't prove any point, I'm not sure why you thought it did.

Jesus was immortal, he was never not immortal. If he was mortal he'd of never rose from the dead. If he was mortal he couldn't turn water into wine and walk on water.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to mention how humiliating it was also. People were laughing and spitting on Him and mocking Him. LOL@ Surtur's "he only lost a weekend" comment. He was tortured and died one of the worst ways a person can ever be killed. A very slow excruciatingly painful death. He was dead for three days. That's a FACT. He wasn't sleeping or just unconscious FFS. As far as troll posts go, Surtur's is one of the most stupid ridiculous ones I've ever read and it's why I long ago chose to ignore his comments on anything religion-related. It's my own fault I guess for reading your quote of him.

Oh boo hoo they spit and laughed. He lost a weekend, had magic powers, rose from the dead, etc.

He lost a weekend, he didn't sacrifice shit because he didn't have shit to lose. Otherwise he'd of stayed dead.

So please, we have people who have gone through far worse torture for far longer.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:53 PM
Bardock42

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this comment. Are you trolling?

Joking maybe, at the phrasing.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42

Yep, definitely a Jewish god.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 06:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Jesus was immortal, he was never not immortal. If he was mortal he'd of never rose from the dead. If he was mortal he couldn't turn water into wine and walk on water.

You may or may not benefit from reading the following.

http://holyspiritempowers.com/2013/07/jesus-spirit-empowered-man2/

Note that it is given in this post as a URL. If you wish, I can post it in a post after this as a link.
Please note that I am NOT directly endorsing EVERYTHING the author of this piece has to say.
I would also make the change, of course, that every time a Bible verse is quoted by the author, you look up the passage in a King James Version (KJV), and a reasonably aged version, not what is called the "New" King James Version.

http://holyspiritempowers.com/2013/07/jesus-spirit-empowered-man2/

Jesus WAS immortal, Surtur. But there WAS a time when he was NOT immortal.
You posit that, if Jesus was mortal, "he'd of never rose from the dead".

But you're forgetting the reverse: If Jesus was immortal, he'd of never DIED in the first place!

More than this, Jesus promised that his followers would be able to do the same things he did. That makes little sense if Jesus only did what he was able to do because he was divine. It makes perfect sense, however, if, Jesus operated as a man, albeit a sinless man, empowered by God the Holy Spirit.

Then, miraculous power would be something that could be visited upon Jesus from time to time and for various lengths of time.
Then it would make sense that God could forsake Jesus.
Then it would make sense that Jesus could experience things fully as a human being and truly empathize with human beings.
Then it makes sense that there could be things that, as Jesus, Jesus friend of Lazarus might at times not know, while (paraphrasing) "only the FATHER knows".

Then it makes sense Jesus could feel abandoned by God.

But, about the followers of Jesus again, the following makes little sense UNLESS Jesus was operating without recourse to his own un-share-able divine "cheat" ...

John 14:12Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:31 PM
bluewaterrider

The relevant link of the URL given in my previous post, this time given AS a click-able blue hyperlink:

http://holyspiritempowers.com/2013/...empowered-man2/

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:33 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus not only WAS immortal, He STILL is and always will be from now on but He most certainly was mortal when He was flesh and blood regardless of what Surtur thinks. The fact that He rose from the dead 3 days later as an immortal again does not change that fact. Actually, to be more precise, before He became flesh and blood, He was not known as "Jesus". He was known only as "The Word".

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 24th, 2015 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:42 PM
Bardock42

I heard that the bird is the word, can anyone confirm?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:45 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I know you're trolling.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2015 08:46 PM