KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"

Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 08:32 PM
Jaggarath is currently offline Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a nice notion and it sounds like the core of his message is that it doesn't matter what you believe, but rather what kind of person you are. Though I would ask him if that is the case why the first 3 commandments have to do with how you need to believe specifically in God?

I would wonder how people like Star feel about this. Since I know religious people who would find what the pope just said to more or less be blasphemy.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 27th, 2015 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 08:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It's a nice notion and it sounds like the core of his message is that it doesn't matter what you believe, but rather what kind of person you are. Though I would ask him if that is the case why the first 3 commandments have to do with how you need to believe specifically in God?

I would wonder how people like Star feel about this. Since I know religious people who would find what the pope just said to more or less be blasphemy.

It's no secret the Pope is a false prophet and a leading figure in the ecumenical movement. The Bible clearly says that salvation is a GIFT of God, NOT of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:36 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the pope was supposed to be infallible or something?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I thought the pope was supposed to be infallible or something?

To Catholics, he is the Vicar of Christ.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:49 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The current pope is wisdom came to flesh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:51 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
To Catholics, he is the Vicar of Christ.

So then to you who is the true pope? By this I mean which person currently alive today do you think embodies what you think the pope should embody?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:55 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

If Christ isn't the way to salvation, the Pope should just disband the Catholic church. What is the point of worshipping Christ if you can find salvation outside His Word. No reason to congregate, you can seek your own path.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:57 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

So then to you who is the true pope? By this I mean which person currently alive today do you think embodies what you think the pope should embody?

I'm not Catholic, so I can't answer that. I follow Christ.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 09:58 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's no secret the Pope is a false prophet and a leading figure in the ecumenical movement. The Bible clearly says that salvation is a GIFT of God, NOT of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Agree 100%.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:22 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since the pope is a false prophet nothing he says holds any more weight then his own hot air.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:32 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't he make a better Anti-Christ then Obama?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 12:17 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Wouldn't he make a better Anti-Christ then Obama?

Neither one. The Antichrist will eventually accept worship from people. I doubt people would view the pope in that light.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 12:37 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The pope is one of satans minions.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 01:38 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Jesus was kinda really really clear on the need to help others:

quote:
Matthew 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Sure, other pieces of the Bible emphasize other parts, but I'm of the opinion that Jesus kinda trumps other Biblical speakers.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 01:45 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quoting scripture and you don't even believe in himlaughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 01:47 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Q99
Jesus was kinda really really clear on the need to help others:

Sure, other pieces of the Bible emphasize other parts, but I'm of the opinion that Jesus kinda trumps other Biblical speakers.

Jesus also said, No man cometh to the Father but by me.

Jesus does want us to help others, but He was clear concernung the plan of salvation also.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 01:55 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus does want us to help others, but He was clear concernung the plan of salvation also.

thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 02:20 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

But what is exactly "going to the Father through Jesus"?

Whether atheists can go to Heaven is part of a bigger debate, which is "can people who never heard of Christ be saved"? Depending to your response to that questions, some kinds of atheist would or wouldn't belong to a list of potential candidates to salvation.

God is the one who decides which people get saved though, this discussion can only assume to "limit the choices" so much.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 05:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Jesus (a man) says one thing, and his pope (a man) says another. It's almost like the whole things is human-contrived hogwash.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 09:46 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote