KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Holy experiment day

Holy experiment day
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Holy experiment day

Never heard of this before.

Holy Experiment Day

Date When Celebrated : Always March 4

Holy Experiment Day is a day to try something religious. It is a chance to try something, or ask for something, and to measure the results.

There are a lot of things that can be viewed as religious or holy experiments. Some examples could be:

Pray for someone to get better
Pray for snow
Pray for your team to win the superbowl
Pray someone will ask you on a date
Try saying grace at dinner and see if others join you
Try to get a person to attend religious services
Plan to convert someone to your religion
In our examples above, God may grant all, some, or none of the desired results. He may be too busy with the problems of the world to make it snow. He definitely doesn't have a favorite sports team. The Lord truely works in mysterious ways. Sometimes, he has his own plans for an outcome that we may not understand.

We don't want to discourage holy experiments. Quite the opposite, we think they are good. We just believe you shouldn't judge the results. Your religious beliefs will be strengthen and you will be closer to God. So, participate in Holy Experiment Day to its fullest.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 12:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think if you're praying for a date or praying for snow then something is off about you.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 08:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I just prayed for riv to die by rape

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 04:46 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Did it work?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 05:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Did it work?

Apparently not. But hopefully you got raped and at least died a little on the inside

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 05:48 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nope. Didnt get raped. Didnt die. Your mom is a complete lady.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 06:06 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also shouldn't it be impossible for God to be "too busy" with anything? Since..well, God. He is everywhere and nowhere.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 03:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, i just read Morrison's JLA (first appearance of Zauriel) where the invading angelic host arranged for "The Presence" to be preoccupied by causing a distraction on the edge of creation.
So, maybe God isnt big on multi tasking.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 03:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That actually reminds me of a DC story with angels..with the angel "Asmodel". He is basically searching for God and busts into his "throne room" and finds it empty..because the Presence is everywhere and in all things.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 07:54 PM
Bardock42

Those were good stories, I remember reading them when I was a youngin'

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, hard to believe Morrison's run was 20 years ago...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:31 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

T'is odd that they would want to convert more sheep into their little herd, well not that odd I suppose.

T'is a most curious holiday.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 03:23 AM
Fated Xtasy is currently offline Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean couldn't I set a bible on fire and call it a "holy experiment" ? That reminds me..and I'm not even joking when I say this: I once used bible paper as rolling paper when I was 16. Is that a sin? To be fair I don't think the page had any bible verses on it..it was like the first page so it probably just had like copyright information on it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 02:14 PM
riv6672

I recall that bible/rolling paper scenario from some movie i watched, or story i read. Cant put my finger on it though...huh

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 01:20 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Holy experiment day

Holy Experiment Day is a day to try something religious. It is a chance to try something, or ask for something, and to measure the results.

Pray for snow
Pray for your team to win the superbowl
Pray someone will ask you on a date

I thought people of faith prayed for the health and well-being of others.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 08:38 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I recall that bible/rolling paper scenario from some movie i watched, or story i read. Cant put my finger on it though...huh

Yeah I have some really embarrassing stories about what was used for rolling paper as a young teen. A bible..a goosebumps book..I don't know, but the bible paper was actually a good quality for it. The goosebump page..my friend almost burnt himself.

Plus Goosebump books were awesome.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 11:50 PM
riv6672

I used to hollow out cigars.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 11:24 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I never liked that because I always thought I could still taste some of the tobacco. I actually hate the act of smoking a joint/blunt. I prefer a nice bowl.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2016 05:25 PM
Raisen

Nope. Didnt get raped. Didnt die. Your mom is a complete lady.

lol. i like you

Old Post Mar 14th, 2016 02:54 AM
riv6672

So does your mom.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 07:56 PM