KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » How is Liberalism and Islam Interconnected?

How is Liberalism and Islam Interconnected?
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is Liberalism and Islam Interconnected?

One ideology preaches freedom for all, equal rights for women and minorities, rights for gays, lesbians and transgender.

The other kills them, practices jihad in the name of their God, treats women horribly, kills homosexuals.

How can liberals stand up for Islam when it stands against everything they are supposedly against?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 08:06 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, liberalism is a term that has changed throughout history, what you're describing sounds more like cultural Marxism, which is not a political theory, but a term used to describe the promotion of anything anti-establishment. Specifically, equal rights for women, minorities and LGBTQS (wow, seriously, that shows up as a suggestion but not an auto correct? Shit, my iPad can't even get lol right sometimes)

So how does cultural Marxism or degeneracy interconnect with Islam?

It doesn't.

They do have similar goals however.

One expresses peace once the entire world is tolerant and non violent, the other expresses peace once the entire world is Muslim. Very different ideas, but the same goal.

This is all I can really think of.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 10:27 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

This paradox escapes the attention of many liberals, or.... they willingly choose to ignore it. /shrug.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by It's xyz!
Well, liberalism is a term that has changed throughout history, what you're describing sounds more like cultural Marxism, which is not a political theory, but a term used to describe the promotion of anything anti-establishment. Specifically, equal rights for women, minorities and LGBTQS (wow, seriously, that shows up as a suggestion but not an auto correct? Shit, my iPad can't even get lol right sometimes)

So how does cultural Marxism or degeneracy interconnect with Islam?

It doesn't.

They do have similar goals however.

One expresses peace once the entire world is tolerant and non violent, the other expresses peace once the entire world is Muslim. Very different ideas, but the same goal.

This is all I can really think of.

TBH most religions/ideologies preach some form of peace as the ultimate goal.

EDIT: Also, it's interesting that Cultural Marxism became the establishment. But that's for another thread altogether.

Last edited by Stigma on Mar 24th, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 10:22 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Why would it be interesting?

Replacing the establishment is what Marxism is all about.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 10:44 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I will fight for your right to believe in any god you want. I will also believe you are totally wrong that any God exists. - Ricky Gervais

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:47 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
This paradox escapes the attention of many liberals, or.... they willingly choose to ignore it. /shrug.

TBH most religions/ideologies preach some form of peace as the ultimate goal.

EDIT: Also, it's interesting that Cultural Marxism became the establishment. But that's for another thread altogether.
and yet, being "edgy" or different is actually so dull and boring that people stopped caring.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:55 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 03:50 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

thumb up Good Thread thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: How is Liberalism and Islam Interconnected?

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How can liberals stand up for Islam when it stands against everything they are supposedly against?

How can conservatives support Christian Dominionism when it is antithetical to the very Constitution they deify?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:41 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you as a question with a question.

Pathetic and just proves you can't answer the question and you only follow me around to snipe me instead of engaging in the discussion like everyone else.

You are a pathetic troll.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I've heard that US Liberalism and Islam have nothing in common. But US Conservatism and Islam are basically two peas in a pod.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now you are just trolling. Reported.

Not a single conservative supports anything about Islam.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:56 PM
Adam_PoE

So you as a question with a question.

Pathetic and just proves you can't answer the question and you only follow me around to snipe me instead of engaging in the discussion like everyone else.

You are a pathetic troll.

No, I asked a rhetorical question to illustrate a point. Your original question is not a sincere inquiry. It is a rhetorical framework for you and others to criticize liberals. This entire thread is designed to troll, and that makes you pathetic.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:06 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I do. We both hate gays, we both agree women should be kept in check, I'm sure there's loads more us conservatives and the Muslims agree upon.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:08 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Calling me a troll in a troll thread... you don't see a problem with that?

Well, some would disagree.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:16 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, I asked a rhetorical question to illustrate a point. Your original question is not a sincere inquiry. It is a rhetorical framework for you and others to criticize liberals. This entire thread is designed to troll, and that makes you pathetic.

Since conservatives do not support Islam at all, and Liberals do, I wanted to know why.

Dumbass

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:26 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Calling me a troll in a troll thread... you don't see a problem with that?

Well, some would disagree.

How is this a troll thread. The principles of Islam do not coincide with Islam, yet 99% of Liberals support them and their way of life. If it bothers you that much don't post here. Its a legitimate question and thread concerning the two.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You're trying to attack liberals, this is the purpose of the thread, so don't get upset when you get flak back. That's how the game is played.

To answer your question though. Allowing people to worship their religion of choice has nothing to do with accepting Islam or certain Islamic views. That goes with every other religion. You take the good with the bad, that's what comes in a "free" country.

To give a an example as it relates in the US, when certain Christians/Christian groups try and oppress people based on religion (say, equal rights for homosexuals), you attack that specific stance, not every tenet of Christianity and Christianity as a whole. See?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 12:06 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I am trying to understand what they have in common, that is not an attack. Christians are not throwing homo sexual off roofs in America. You live in the biggest gay demographic in the country, how many homosexuals are killed by Christians there?

If you want make your own thread on what Christianity has to do with conservatives. Otherwise please stay on topic.

Last edited by Time-Immemorial on Mar 26th, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 12:18 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I am trying to understand what they have in common, that is not an attack. Christians are not throwing homo sexual off roofs in America. You live in the biggest gay demographic in the country, how many homosexuals s are killed by Christians there? Can you stop changing the subject.

If you want make your own thread on what Christianity has to do with conservatives. Otherwise please stay on topic.
as I've said, liberalism is a term that's changed throughout history and it has nothing to do with Islam at all.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 12:22 AM