KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

If God was actually real, would he have any right to...
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

...come to earth and tell us all how to live our lives?
Just bored/wondering.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2018 09:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

No.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 12:54 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I was hoping for a little more, but, i figured that WOULD be the answer. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 04:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Re: If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
...come to earth and tell us all how to live our lives?
Just bored/wondering.

To "Tell" us absolutely.

To FORCE us absolutely not.

There can be no true love or worship without choice.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 04:35 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, by tell i meant force.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 05:00 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Does a lucid dreamer have the right to tell the peeps e's dreaming up how to live?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:16 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You tell me me, Scagliotti.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 09:48 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Scagliotti the actress? I don't quite get the reference, but I presume she played a dreamer with a decision to make? Sounds like I missed a good episode of something.

In any event: the dreamer can do whatever he/she wants with that part of him/herself appearing as the dream.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 10:13 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats nice and all, i’m glad you’re getting a chance to wax poetic, as this forum’s pretty much dead, you just arent answering my question worth shit.
No worries though, wax on.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 10:44 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
To "Tell" us absolutely.

To FORCE us absolutely not.

There can be no true love or worship without choice.

Well see you actually don't have a choice, you're supposed to worship and love it and only it lol. Choice does not enter into the equation, the 10 commandments aren't merely just helpful suggestions from this thing.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 26th, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I guess He could, you know He is omnipotent and all.

Though, He offers eternal life, we have the CHOICE to take it or not.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:33 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have a choice in the same way you would have a choice if a mugger put a gun to your head and said if you don't give him your wallet he will pull the trigger.

Also technically you get eternal life either way...it's not like the souls in hell die of old age.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Not really, it is more like if someone offers you a gift, but you may be too stubborn to except it.

It is the person who doesn't except the gift's fault if they go to hell.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:41 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Not really, it is more like if someone offers you a gift, but you may be too stubborn to except it.

It is the person who doesn't except the gift's fault if they go to hell.

Your example would be more accurate if someone offered you a gift only on the condition you worship them and only them.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:42 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-heaven.html

No worship is enough to reach Heaven.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.gotquestions.org/church-heaven.html

No worship is enough to reach Heaven.

Actually no your link does not say this. What this is saying is that going to church isn't a requirement to get into heaven.

It also gives the following bible quote: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal lifeâ€

This would mean anyone who is agnostic or an atheist would be denied this "eternal life". It also means that people who follow different religions also will be denied. This means you could live a good life, be a good person, do many good deeds, but still be denied if you don't believe. Isn't that evil?

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 26th, 2018 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 04:43 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Surtur
Actually no your link does not say this. What this is saying is that going to church isn't a requirement to get into heaven.

It also gives the following bible quote: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal lifeâ€

This would mean anyone who is agnostic or an atheist would be denied this "eternal life". It also means that people who follow different religions also will be denied. This means you could live a good life, be a good person, do many good deeds, but still be denied if you don't believe. Isn't that evil?
Yes, it is.

No person is perfect, none have made no sins other than Jesus.

Being an athiest will indeed lend you a spot in hell, you must believe, you don't just get in heaven for being a good person.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 05:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, it is.

No person is perfect, none have made no sins other than Jesus.

Being an athiest will indeed lend you a spot in hell, you must believe, you don't just get in heaven for being a good person.

Well like I said, that is quite evil.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 05:04 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Surtur
Well like I said, that is quite evil.
I wouldn't say so, if God was evil, than why did He send his only son, who He loved, to an extremely painful death on the cross to give us the chance to go to Heaven?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 05:07 PM
Flyattractor

That just proves that God isn't a Democrat. Heaven Has Borders and enforces their Immigration Laws.

You Don't Agree with that SURT!?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 05:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote