KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Dump all your DARK poems here.

Dump all your DARK poems here.
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dump all your DARK poems here.

Here's my first one:

Beginnings are Ends

As the worms I am condemned
to eat from the black, rotten fruits
lying dead on the filthy, hungry ground,
beneath the diseased tree of life.

As the yellowed, thirsty fields I'm aware
of the darkenning clouds above the earth;
only I don't crave the water,
but dread its inevitable fall.

I smell the nausiating reek of decay.
I taste the bitter stretch in growing.
I hear the squeels of suffering endeavors.
I feel the gnawing of age on my skin.

I see the dying in living...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 10:24 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't be the only one living in the dark?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 10:43 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandino

Behold the reaper
he is me and iam him
iam the creaper
i can kill but cannot swim

Behold my callous
And you shall feel it
behold my malice
and all shall fear it

Iam coming prepare
i have joined him
watching my final despair
death is our final wimb

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 03:58 AM
brandino is currently offline Click here to Send brandino a Private Message Find more posts by brandino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

As penned once by a famous poet. "DEATH, thou too shalt DIE."

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 01:48 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandino

what?
are you saying this is off another peom if it is i had no idea

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 04:28 PM
brandino is currently offline Click here to Send brandino a Private Message Find more posts by brandino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior

If you must accuse someone of plagiarism please take care to back yourself up erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 11:42 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior

"DEATH, thou too shalt DIE." Does not make logical sense: In the event of Death dying, death has still taken place - anything that dies, dies by death, so death can actually not die, as it takes death to die!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 07:49 AM
Syren
dreaming

yes *nods sagely* confused

Kidding roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:06 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
"DEATH, thou too shalt DIE." Does not make logical sense: In the event of Death dying, death has still taken place - anything that dies, dies by death, so death can actually not die, as it takes death to die!
When everything else is dead and there is nothing more to die, would this not mean the death of death also?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:16 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
When everything else is dead and there is nothing more to die, would this not mean the death of death also?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:17 AM
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Actually I think the word 'also' was surplus to requirements sad I did bad.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:26 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

You could have inserted the word 'also' into the sentence between the words 'not' and 'mean', or left it where it was. Sounded fine to me honey happy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:31 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Corran

NO. After everything else has died, there is no more life, BUT only death - the absence of life! Also, death can only be dead if it has actually died, but death cannot die as I stated before - it amounts to an ontological contradiction.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:00 PM
Syren
dreaming

Actually, it's one of those unanswerable conundrums. What came first.... etc?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:15 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, now that I think about it again, death is not some entity out there, but rather a state of being - in other words, a lifeless being which once had life - the absence of life in bio-matter. So I think it's silly to say death can die, because death isn't something, it's an aquired trait. It's also philosophically an uncategorical statement to say: "Death can die" - the same as "Life can live" - it simply doesn't make sense.

It's not a conundrum, but rather simple - death is the absence of life in an entity which once had life - it's a condition.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:54 PM
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
NO. After everything else has died, there is no more life, BUT only death - the absence of life! Also, death can only be dead if it has actually died, but death cannot die as I stated before - it amounts to an ontological contradiction.
Dude it's a poetry thread not a philosophy thread, there has to be an element of artistic license, people use language to try to express themselves, this may not mean that they are saying that Death can die, have you thought that they might mean that once everything is dead there can be no more death and their poetic way of stating this is to say 'DEATH, thou too shalt DIE.'?

I don't think that poetry and prose should have too much philosophy applied to it otherwise it would remove the beauty from it and would render a lot of it pointless.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:43 PM
Syren
dreaming

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, this entire conversation was initiated by the following quote;

quote:
Originally posted by brandino
Behold the reaper
he is me and iam him
iam the creaper
i can kill but cannot swim

Behold my callous
And you shall feel it
behold my malice
and all shall fear it

Iam coming prepare
i have joined him
watching my final despair
death is our final wimb

This poem is centred around The Reaper, or Death. An imagined entity. So, Philosophicus, I think you were being a little too literal my friend erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:11 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, ok, ok. Poetic license I guess.....anyway, Coran, you did try to argue with me that death can indeed die and I just had to demonstrate that it's a bit contradictive. Atleast we all now know that death can't literaly die! Or, maybe for the poet death can die, but not for the philosopher. smile

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:01 PM
Syren
dreaming

thumb up roll eyes (sarcastic) Back to the POETRY people laughing out loud

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 08:57 PM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

OMFG, I did not mean for that tangent to happen people. sorry in the deepest way. (the quote is from a poem by Shelley, or someone. cant remember. oi!!) I think your poem was groovy Phil, just was really tired and sick of seein brandino everywhere acting like itself. oi. Anyway, yeah great poem. Yet again, sorry for causing the derailment. S@#@ on me....... sad

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 01:55 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote