KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Prose poems by myself

Prose poems by myself
Started by: alcoholicpoet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
intoxicatedpoet

Prose poems by myself

Untitled

As the Wind blew over the dew covered morning blades of grass, I saw nothing but an endless void, stretching out beyond the world I knew, and all that I had ever cared about seemed so little and few compared to the real world, the true life, that no one, not even I, could understand. The purposes and causes that I had fought so vigorously, even my reason and want to live, left me in a second, but that second seemed like an eternity, and all the seconds that followed seemed as such, until I felt as though I had been in the infernal plain forever. When the screeching sound began flowing over all, and my hands had been bound, I thought this was all there was and all there ever would be, until I finally realized that this was not life, and that this would not live, and that the time to live was over, and that coming nigh was not the time to be, but the time to not be, and that this moment would be the last in a long succession of finalities and endings, and that this ending was the true and most meaningful end, for this was the end that had been awaited by all , and that now we would stop and never be again.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:29 PM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

i like it!!! eek!

an ambiguous look at life....from a view of one detached but a part of

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 04:55 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Interesting piece, and great signature.

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:00 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Thanks, hopefully I should be able to add a new poem once every week.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:27 PM
intoxicatedpoet is currently offline Click here to Send intoxicatedpoet a Private Message Find more posts by intoxicatedpoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I like it too!! eek! I would love to hear more yes

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:56 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Anger

With an anger that should awe the most fury filled of mountains, I am brought to the edge of my nerves, and I experience a paralysis of fury, unable to be calmed, and unable to control even myself. I am nearly filled with hate towards the world, towards the arbiter of my anger, I am loathing of those who are unable to feel as I, and I am unable to see such reason to be joyful. I expose myself as hateful, and wish it so as well, and I drown in my fustration, coolly expressing my disbelief of possible serenity, the thought that, perhaps, soon, I should be void of my current pessimistic conviction of dislike, my gut feeling of initial hatred towards the current invocation of such emotion. And when the time has passed and the awe-inspiring anger has become confused in its presence, I am thus lifted from my temporary seizure of fury.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 08:47 PM
Fëanor

dude...you're good, puts me to shame

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:32 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

thanks big grin

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:37 PM
Fëanor

nonono....thank you, its some awesome stuff

yours is more contemporary than mine which is a bit archaic

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:42 PM
intoxicatedpoet

I prefer contemporary writers to older ones, with the exception of Shakespeare, so I guess I should be expected to write as such.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:55 PM
intoxicatedpoet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fëanor

dude...you're good, puts me to shame

Actually I just read some of your poems and your pretty good, your better at what is conventionally defined as poetry than I am, I just write emotional paragraphs.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:59 PM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
Actually I just read some of your poems and your pretty good, your better at what is conventionally defined as poetry than I am, I just write emotional paragraphs.

Well they're damn good emotional paragraphs!! eek!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 10:03 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

yay! I have a fan base! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 10:09 PM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
yay! I have a fan base! Happy Dance

That you do yes big grin More please!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 02:08 AM
intoxicatedpoet

Ask and you shall Recieve:

Life

What has begun the day, shall end the day, it is inevitably known, by myself, and all the participants in the poem of life. It is well concieved that, to end, one must be come, and to live, one must die. for, to live is a bounty and a burden on the shoulders of the living, 'tis a circle of love and heartbreak wrought by the race of destiny. To live, is an experience, seen, and done, by all, yet a knowledge known by few. 'tis a jovial glass that all drink from, that all gain from. To live is to exist, and subsist the world that we are presented. The world I see, you see, but, the same world I live in, you do not inhabit, you inhabit you're world, you're universe, and mine is mine own, my own world, of my consequenses, and my creations, of mine attributes, my land of myself, my life, my purpose, and my conquests. My life is one of living, not stopping, of moving and seeing, seeing the world as I only I may see it, as I shall live it.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:17 AM
Fëanor

if you ever get your stuff published, i wanna a signed first ed eek!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:58 AM
intoxicatedpoet

That's what I'm hoping for. The other day I sent that first poem to a magazine. Hopefully good things shall come of this.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:01 AM
Tassie

Wow! eek! Very deep... you have such a talent. I'm in awe embarrasment

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:30 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intoxicatedpoet

Running

With arms flailing in unchanging winds, I run, as though I had been running for my entire life, as though, to run, was all that I should live for, should die for. I ran, without fatigue. I chose to run, I chose to lay purpose down for my life, and, to spite all doubt, my running shan't differ. I shall run as I always have, and always will. I shall run as though there never was a moment in my life were I wasn't running, as though, through running, I was kept alive, alive, alive by the premise that I sould be the greatest runner, that mt running should reach astronomical proportions was the reason for which I ran. The reason for which my running had become historical, should be the reason for which I had reached that point, that point of widely know supremacy over that which I have prayed to conquer. To reach the chapter in my life, where the ballad of my soul has streched beyond that which I hath intended, to have known the very core of my life, and the reason that it has been here, to know, to do, these things and more, is the very promise of life, the very reason to live, to live, to live.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 06:09 PM
intoxicatedpoet

Out of boredom I sketched this little stanza out.

Sanity
Insanity
What be they?
Why be they?
Why should they
be?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:50 PM