KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » man I had a wierd dream

man I had a wierd dream
Started by: josie8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
josie8

man I had a wierd dream

It was not a conscious decision of mine to walk into those woods. I simply wandered into them while my mind was preoccupied with some thought that seemed very important at the time, but I can’t quite remember what it was. As I became aware of my surroundings I realized what a peaceful and lovely place I had found. I walked on soft, moist soil with patches of light shining on it through the treetops, while a soft breeze teased the leafs. Captivated by my pleasant surroundings I continued to walk for a long while. I noticed that slowly, too slow to notice at first, the light was beginning to dim, the dirt beneath my feet was beginning to become dry and dusty, and the trees became fewer and fewer until finally I found myself looking upon a seemingly endless desert wasteland. Protruding from this desolate stretch of land was a rather large, barren, black tree. The gentle breeze still ruffled my hair but now it brought with it an uncomfortable chill. I looked at the sky to find it entirely covered in gray clouds, yet I did not smell rain in the air. I looked again at that curious tree and moved toward it.
The silence was so definite that it filled my head more densely than any noise I had ever heard. As I took my first step I was startled by the sound of my own foot scraping the ground. It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to turn back, in fact I could see no reason to go forward, all that lay ahead of my was a dead tree. But never the less I went on because it’s not in human nature to leave a place unexplored.
Apparently the tree was farther off than I had estimated, or maybe I was just moving very slowly, either way it took me a long time to reach it and I had not realized exactly how long until I had gotten there. Once I stood at the foot of the tree, like a child, I could only think to climb it and see how high I could climb.
This was tallest tree I had ever seen, or at least I had ever climbed and it seemed to grow as I made my up it. It was sunset when I reached the top and it was there that I sat back and viewed the world below. I saw a good portion of the world that day, I dare say the whole thing, even the underside as though the whole thing had been flattened and my perception reached all the way to the ends of the earth. Then I grabbed stretch of land in my fist and the world and I belonged to each other. Then I fell asleep on the branch and the next day I decided to be happy and to make the world what I wanted it to be, a stretch of land that I could observe from my tree.

Sincerely,
Margaret Wickum

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 05:40 AM
josie8 is currently offline Click here to Send josie8 a Private Message Find more posts by josie8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weeping Fairy

oh, i really like it, you painted a picture in my mind of that tree, and the land surrounding it, it was very well written, i hope you post more smile

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 01:35 AM
Weeping Fairy is currently offline Click here to Send Weeping Fairy a Private Message Find more posts by Weeping Fairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote