KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E23 - 1961

S03E23 - 1961
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S03E23 - 1961

Official Episode Preview

As Nathan, Claire, Peter and H.R.G. help Angela uncover her past, she reveals the dark secrets that have haunted her for years. Meanwhile, Mohinder learns of his father's involvement in a long forgotten government operation.

"1961" Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 07:37 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Sneek Peek

-Nathan cons Peter into watching the Playoffs

Preview by IGN

quote:
April 9, 2009 - Angela Petrelli's (Cristine Rose) deep, dark secrets can't be kept buried forever. With some help from her fellow heroes, Angela tries to dig up her past and comes face to face with her sister, Alice Shaw (Diana Scarwid), who can control the weather.

Meanwhile, Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) learns of his father's involvement in a long forgotten government operation.

Check out "1961" when Heroes airs on Monday, April 13th at 9:00pm ET on NBC.

STORM finally hits the show eek!

I've been waiting for this episode since I first heard about it like two months ago. I hope it delivers

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 07:46 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

damn, this one looks promising. **** Yea

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 07:53 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

So...what are we going to get...a ghost of a girl...who can control the weather?...or an immortal child who does not age...who can control the weather..who has been imprisoned for 40-something years?.either way....i hope they can at the very least start tying up some of the loose ends..and they have no excuse this year...for some rushed ending....i would like to see a very tight and focussed season ending

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 04:58 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lušh
Cinnabum

i think the girl they show is Angela as a child?

A&M

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:51 PM
Lušh is currently offline Click here to Send Lušh a Private Message Find more posts by Lušh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They've mentioned [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Angela's sister, so I'm curious indeed...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 09:59 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lušh
Cinnabum

the actress playing her sister is an older woman

A&M

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 10:47 PM
Lušh is currently offline Click here to Send Lušh a Private Message Find more posts by Lušh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
They've mentioned [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Angela's sister, so I'm curious indeed...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Storm-esque character is indeed her sister

What I don't get is how Gabriel was able to morph into Nathan. Unless of course, he's figured out a way to by pass the physical contact requirement. Given his ability, it's a high possibility.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 12:45 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

damn thats was a friggin sad episode. i did have some tears going on there and im not ashmed to admit it

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:04 AM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
damn thats was a friggin sad episode. i did have some tears going on there and im not ashmed to admit it

The dance part was pretty nice...Feel sorry for the sister.

Also noteworthy, the guy Angela was dancing with (his name eludes me >.< ), it was great. Matt has never influenced a whole room iirc.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:40 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Charles Deveaux was his name, the old black guy that Peter cared for at the start of the first season. I'm slightly disappointed that he has telepathy (making like three telepaths in the group that founded the Company) but he used it impressively.

I liked the tie-in about Angela stealing socks. For those that don't recall, she was arrested for shoplifting in the very first episode. She stole socks.

As for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sylar adopting the appearance of Nathan, it has been shown that powers can evolve (as evidenced by Matt progress) and that Sylar can use his original ability to perfect the usage of ones he has stolen. Even when he first started using shape-shifting, Sylar used it to morph much faster than it's original guy ever did.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:09 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty interesting episode this was

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 06:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Captain REX
Charles Deveaux was his name, the old black guy that Peter cared for at the start of the first season. I'm slightly disappointed that he has telepathy (making like three telepaths in the group that founded the Company) but he used it impressively.

I liked the tie-in about Angela stealing socks. For those that don't recall, she was arrested for shoplifting in the very first episode. She stole socks.

As for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sylar adopting the appearance of Nathan, it has been shown that powers can evolve (as evidenced by Matt progress) and that Sylar can use his original ability to perfect the usage of ones he has stolen. Even when he first started using shape-shifting, Sylar used it to morph much faster than it's original guy ever did.

They should have given him telekinesis as well to at least to differentiate him from the Parkmans.

Yeah, I did foolishly somewhat answer my own question with the idea that Sylar has figured out a way to bypass the physical contact requirement.
He's demonstrated more efficiency than the original wielder at using a power time and time again.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:54 AM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Interesting episode indeed. Remember the part when Alice ran from Dr. what-his-name when he was about to inject her? Was it her father that she ran to? Because he had a pretty neat power, what is it, to repel things?

Yeah, was kind of disappinted that Charles had regular old telepathy, like so many others. But he did use it well.

As for Sylar mastering his shape shifting abilites, it's very possible. But I guess that's just too much thinking for me. Sylar becoming waayy too powerful. Wonder how far up they're gonna take him.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 09:27 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Ughhh....another failed episode i.m.o....why take us all the way back...and not have any resolution?....maybe i am in the minority...but this show has so much potential...and so many dissapointments....and yet it keeps making so many mistakes....i wont even go into.....angela thinking the sister is dead...then not being sure..to not knowing what happened that night.....blah..blah ...blah...2 episodes left.....they have no excuse this season....it better be good!

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:16 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

^ hater stick out tongue

Thanx to Rex here i couldnt figure out who was Charles Deveaux. I forgot about the old guy in the beginning. I just thought it was so sad when Angela was like i kept stealing socks for you (something like that). I usally dont tear up, but i did for that. I like this episode cause it showed how the company was formed. And what led up to it. I like episodes like this when they show the past or the future. Still waiting for Peter to get his scar.

Last edited by crimsonphoenix on Apr 14th, 2009 at 01:24 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 01:21 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lušh
Cinnabum

oh, thats what i missed stick out tongue

A&M

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 03:18 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I'm not seeing what the problem is, Starlock. Angela told the others that evolved humans had been murdered there, which she knew for a fact. She was positive that her sister was amongst the dead until she had a vision of her sister in the future, alive. It makes sense.

That was Mr. Shaw, Angela's and Alice's father that Alice ran to after Dr. Suresh tried to inject her. Heroeswiki is calling it 'shockwave generation.' Reminded me of sound manipulation (what Sylar took from Jesse in Volume 3), but he only held out a hand so I'm sure they're different.

Yeah, also kinda bummed about Charles having telepathy. He seemed like he'd have something cooler. I like how he used it, though.

Interesting seeing some of the roots for the Company. Adam Monroe must've been stoked when he found a bunch of evolved humans banding together; it fit right in with what he wanted to do. They wanted to keep it all secret, he wanted to blow up everything and start over. Heh.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:24 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I liked the episode, but I was somewhat dissapointed...

somehow I felt it all happened too fast...

Loved the "stealing socks" bit.... there goes plot hole #2 explained! stick out tongue
...now if they gave us what happened to Caitlin (Peter's Irish GF left in the future) it'd all be better

I liked Charles having Telepathy, he used far more efficiently than Matt has ever... for a moment there I thought he had the Haitian's ability. The kid playing Linderman was kinda creepy... in a Linderman kinda way

who else thinks young Angela is hot?! stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 02:49 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Hah, she was cute.

And I think the kid playing Linderman was trying to take the Clockwork Orange approach to the character.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 09:09 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote